+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Received AOR1 for PA on 11th June. However, I (the sponsor) received a weird email from IRCC that says this:
A refund in the amount of $85 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

I am in Canada but my PA (wife and children) are in India. Why would they issue a refund?
What does that mean

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Received AOR1 for PA on 11th June. However, I (the sponsor) received a weird email from IRCC that says this:
A refund in the amount of $85 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

I am in Canada but my PA (wife and children) are in India. Why would they issue a refund?
You overpaid for biometrics. Either someone already has them or perhaps you paid for a child under 14.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
That's probably what it is! I paid for family fee of CAD170. I realized now that under 14 yrs, kids don't need to go for biometric.
But the email came from Centralized Intake Office, Sydney NS. So I know at least they are doing something with the application!

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
But the email came from Centralized Intake Office, Sydney NS. So I know at least they are doing something with the application!
Applications are being processed inland at the same pace. Its the local Visa offices that are usually lagging especially New Delhi Visa Office (for Indian applicants). There is a backlog of files since Jan 2020. Now that the consulate is closed due to covid, the delay is expected to be even further.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020

same happened to me. One of your children is younger than 14? He/ she doesn't need to give Biometrics, and if you paid, it will be returned to you.

Reactions: nik_on

dhimanna

Jan 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applications are being processed inland at the same pace. Its the local Visa offices that are usually lagging especially New Delhi Visa Office (for Indian applicants). There is a backlog of files since Jan 2020. Now that the consulate is closed due to covid, the delay is expected to be even further.
Just looking through your signature timeline; I have the same time stamps as you until AOR1 but after that, we still haven't received any biometric, medical or SA information. Did you receive all these in 3 separate emails or all in one email? Also, did you link your account online? Please reply!

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Just looking through your signature timeline; I have the same time stamps as you until AOR1 but after that, we still haven't received any biometric, medical or SA information. Did you receive all these in 3 separate emails or all in one email? Also, did you link your account online? Please reply!
Hi,

Yes, I received the SA and AOR via separate e-mail. Linked the account to GCKey got BIL and Medicals letter from the GCKey account

Reactions: dhimanna

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
I have a question; my wife did biometric and medical. In e-case shows only medical done. Does biometric appear in e-case or only in gckey? I am asking because she did medical after bio, and in e-case, I can see only medical but not bio. However, in gckey I can see enrollment in biometric and the number of biometric. Thanks!

Borussia91

Apr 20, 2021
I gave my biometrics a couple days ago, I’ve received confirmation from VFS that these were sent on.

How long has it been taking for the request to get the medical done after submission of biometrics?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question; my wife did biometric and medical. In e-case shows only medical done. Does biometric appear in e-case or only in gckey? I am asking because she did medical after bio, and in e-case, I can see only medical but not bio. However, in gckey I can see enrollment in biometric and the number of biometric. Thanks!
I think you answered your own question.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
I cannot link (I am the sponsor) nor can the primary applicant link the application to GCKey. We already got SA and AoR1. Our application has also been moved to a visa office. Will I be able to get the medical order just in GCKey? What if we are unable to link it? We tried and confirmed all possible information.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
I cannot link (I am the sponsor) nor can the primary applicant link the application to GCKey. We already got SA and AoR1. Our application has also been moved to a visa office. Will I be able to get the medical order just in GCKey? What if we are unable to link it? We tried and confirmed all possible information.
If the application is not linked, the request will be emailed to you.

Reactions: IceD.
Mar 19, 2018
Application was received by sydney office on April 29. Still waiting for AOR1. Is it normal as I see many people who sent after me getting their aor already?