+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I have contacted IRCC through webform as i did not receive VO info in my sponsor approval email . got below response today.

'Your file is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia'

Is centralized intake office is also a VO?

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi, most likely the file hasn't been transferred yet to local NDVO yet as it is temporarily closed. In that case, the application is still with CPC Sydney. That's my guess. I could be wrong.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi All,
I have submitted my spousal PR outland application on 20 Apr 2021 and I have a representative with my application (a consultancy from India to whom I have paid fees for process). I wanted to know can I link my account with gckey or it has to be done only by representative ? Please suggest

Anyone whose application received date is 20 Apr 2021 waiting for AOR to comms from IRCC ?

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi All,
I have submitted my spousal PR outland application on 20 Apr 2021 and I have a representative with my application (a consultancy from India to whom I have paid fees for process). I wanted to know can I link my account with gckey or it has to be done only by representative ? Please suggest

Anyone whose application received date is 20 Apr 2021 waiting for AOR to comms from IRCC ?
Hi, Linking your account with GC key can be done only by representative if you have given your consent in the 'use of representative form' while submitting your application. You could however use ECAS to know the status of your application.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, Linking your account with GC key can be done only by representative if you have given your consent in the 'use of representative form' while submitting your application. You could however use ECAS to know the status of your application.
Not necessarily true. NORMALLY the rep will have it linked to GCkey but I have seen where they let the applicant link it. The OP should contact their rep to see if they have done so.

Reactions: armoured

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Thanks @noelt1991 and @Canada2020eh for reply.
I have checked with my rep and they said they dint receive any emails for my application from IRCC. Is it possible that IRCC process the application slow which has the representative associated?
I am asking because people of same date (app received date - 20 Apr,21 and 23 Apr) have started receiving AOR and BIL medical but my rep says no update/emails yet for my app. Please suggest.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I have checked with my rep and they said they dint receive any emails for my application from IRCC. Is it possible that IRCC process the application slow which has the representative associated?
I am asking because people of same date (app received date - 20 Apr,21 and 23 Apr) have started receiving AOR and BIL medical but my rep says no update/emails yet for my app. Please suggest.
There is nothing to worry about right now, you are just over a month since submitting, 2-3 months or longer wouldn't be unusual before getting AOR. They also might be still reviewing your docs for completeness, all applications are different with different processing times..

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi. My application was delivered Apr 20. Still no update. The others Apr 20, 21, 22, 23 have already got updates. Have you goy
Hi All,

Hi. My application was delivered Apr 20. Still no update.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
There is nothing to worry about right now, you are just over a month since submitting, 2-3 months or longer wouldn't be unusual before getting AOR. They also might be still reviewing your docs for completeness, all applications are different with different processing times..
Are there impact of having rep for files? Are they processing these slowly ??

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Are there impact of having rep for files? Are they processing these slowly ??
There is no benefit to have a lawyer or consultant once the app is submitted, they can't influence IRCC's decision, nor should it slow down the app unless they have not completed the documents correctly. A rep can be beneficial if the PA's English/French is not good and the have a problem understanding the forms but the PA is ultimately responsible to ensure the documents are properly completed even though they might have been filled out by a rep.

pandyama

May 31, 2021
Hello, I have sent my Spouse's application to IRCC office in Sydney.. it arrived on April 27th. Currently, I am working full time in a job. However, I recently got accepted into a Masters program that starts in Sept 2021. I haven't accepted the offer yet. But, if and when I do, when do I inform IRCC about the change in my employment status? i.e do I inform them ahead of time or once I have started university program. Plus, I will likely be relocating since the university is in a different province. So, I am curious when exactly do I inform them about this change.. and, does this change mean they will ask for more paperwork to prove my financial status?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
  • Hi all this is what I got from my MP
  • I am waiting for my sponsor approval and medical request for Principal applicant , biometric are exempt due to previous visa application recorded and they are showing in the applicant profile on ECAS for PR
  • Based on the following status what do you guys infer ? Is there something to do or just wait most of the people with similar timelines already got the SA and Medical request with in 2 days of AOR

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on April 9, 2021.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements is still in process.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant has not been initiated.
  • The medical examination results have not been requested.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing timesfor this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

WHAT do I make out of it .
There is nothing unusual about your timeline, you should wait for a while before doing anything.

Reactions: MapleSyrup2