+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello there,
Application Delivered to sydney,NS office on 23rd April.
Anything else to look for between Application delivered and AOR? or is it just a wait game?
Just a waiting game, though your sponsor might get the sponsor approval email first before aor... you might not even get an aor.. it doesnt really matter. The actual thing you should be waiting for is the biometrics and medical requests

just check ecas once you know your application number, when it goes to in progress your on your way

Reactions: sufiyaaanpatel

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Guys, one question, everyone who are saying their application was received - is it any official confirmation from CPC? or is it just delivered update from canadapost? I sent my file on Apr 14 and Canadapost says, my application was delivered today.
Nothing from IRCC, just your courier tracking confirmation it was delivered.

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello there,
Application Delivered to sydney,NS office on 23rd April.
Anything else to look for between Application delivered and AOR? or is it just a wait game?
On going through the data being posted in the tracker spreadsheet, it seems like at present there is about a duration of 40 days on an average between application received and AOR. So, the files are moving in the right direction but slow and steady.

Tchude

Apr 25, 2021
Hello All,

I plan on submitting my application next month, however I plan to spend 4 weeks of summer in my home country with my husband. Would this affect my application in any way?

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello All,

I plan on submitting my application next month, however I plan to spend 4 weeks of summer in my home country with my husband. Would this affect my application in any way?
Not aware of a requirement for the sponsor to be in Canada for the entire duration of application process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not aware of a requirement for the sponsor to be in Canada for the entire duration of application process.
Sponsor - if PR - must be a resident of Canada throughout the process. "Short trips" are okay. No-one knows what short trips means; four weeks or so as the question was posed is almost certainly okay.

Reactions: Mano1110786

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Sponsor - if PR - must be a resident of Canada throughout the process. "Short trips" are okay. No-one knows what short trips means; four weeks or so as the question was posed is almost certainly okay.
Thank you for that information. I was not aware of it at all.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Application delivered: April 20, 2021

Anybody got their AOR1 for those near of my date delivered?

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hi guys, I live in Australia with my husband and twin daughters, myself and daughters have dual citizenship here and Canada. My husband is Australian so we need to get a spouse visa for him . We looked at getting one last year but decided to kind of wait it out here. A year on and it doesn't seem much is changing so we are looking at going ahead and applying now. Does anyone know around how long its taking for visas to process if we're outside Canada? Also I still have our Federal Police Check from July 17th 2020 it says its valid for a year on the government website but I'm thinking maybe we should go ahead and get a new one? Any other info you can throw my way would be great thanks :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys, I live in Australia with my husband and twin daughters, myself and daughters have dual citizenship here and Canada. My husband is Australian so we need to get a spouse visa for him . We looked at getting one last year but decided to kind of wait it out here. A year on and it doesn't seem much is changing so we are looking at going ahead and applying now. Does anyone know around how long its taking for visas to process if we're outside Canada? Also I still have our Federal Police Check from July 17th 2020 it says its valid for a year on the government website but I'm thinking maybe we should go ahead and get a new one? Any other info you can throw my way would be great thanks :)
You want to apply for PR status for spouse under spousal sponsorship?

You would be better to get a new police certificate. No-one can say how long it may take. 12 months is still the guidance / estimate.

Your spouse should be able to come on eta and remain in Canada for part of the process (or even all) but would have no right to work for quite some time.

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
You want to apply for PR status for spouse under spousal sponsorship?

You would be better to get a new police certificate. No-one can say how long it may take. 12 months is still the guidance / estimate.

Your spouse should be able to come on eta and remain in Canada for part of the process (or even all) but would have no right to work for quite some time.
My husband doesn’t want to go to Canada until he has a visa, fair point as he has a great job here. Is the wait time more then a year if we apply from Australia?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband doesn’t want to go to Canada until he has a visa, fair point as he has a great job here. Is the wait time more then a year if we apply from Australia?
Guidance is that most files are done in less than a year. The rest depends on how complex the file is and ircc internal.

Applicants from Aus may be quicker because security checks usually easy, and couples with kids together for years usually have fewer issues showing genuine relationship. But covid the biggest factor right now.

Wild guess? Six to twelve months. Apply earlier to wait less.

Also note that as a citizen living abroad you'll need to show intent to return to Canada.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Ah ok that’s not bad at all I was thinking 12 months or a bit more, so maybe less is a bonus. I’m currently getting paperwork together to apply. Thanks for that information :)

Reactions: armoured