+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My oath is next Saturday (March 5), and I've received the email with all the detail yesterday (a week and a half before the ceremony), so that's a big relieaf after reading all the posts here about people not getting that email.
I hope that the rest will as smooth as everything else.

Good luck to all!
Got the Oath update today in the dashboard. Haven't received the email yet. Date is March 10th. Detail timeline in my signature.
Thank you all lovely people for your guidance and support. Hope you all will get past this painful process soon.
Cheers
Congratulations!

Reactions: loveabhic

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Me too! I'm single applicant and paper based application, sent my application in April 2021, AOR July 2021.. and since then no response. I asked for my gcms notes early Jan 2022.. no response. What do you guys suggest ??
I just received my gcms notes. I only see updates on September 2021:
- Criminality clearance: Passed
- RCMP screening: No reportable trace
I do see security clearance, but they have hidden all details on that. Is there a way to know if I'm still in security clearance ? I did go through a longer than usual security clearance when I applied for PR, I'm not sure if they are doing this again..

I do see eligibility prohibition: Completed, whatever that means.. although on some other page it shows "Not started", along with Eligibility - language/knowledge/residence.. All of these are "Not started" and have Due Date: July 2022, which is 1 year from my AOR.

Processing office: Scarborough
Any idea what this means ? Please help!

Reactions: Strongfaith42

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
I did order these notes under Privacy Act, does it give more information if I apply under Access to Information?

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
I do see security clearance, but they have hidden all details on that. Is there a way to know if I'm still in security clearance ? I did go through a longer than usual security clearance when I applied for PR, I'm not sure if they are doing this again..

I do see eligibility prohibition: Completed, whatever that means.. although on some other page it shows "Not started", along with Eligibility - language/knowledge/residence.. All of these are "Not started" and have Due Date: July 2022, which is 1 year from my AOR.

I requested my GCMS notes on nov 7 got them on Jan 7 my notes are the same as yours but BG is complete.
I requested them again on Dec 16 and Feb 20 still waiting for them.

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, can you update the tracker for my entry:

Test Invite Letter Date: February 23. 2022

Thank you.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

If your Background verification has been set to "completed" in the dashboard, that means you cleared Criminality and Security checks, nothing to worry about. My notes were the same in regards to test, language, residence etc., due date, received AOR on April 13, 2021, and the due date was April 22, 2022, but I got the test invitation on Feb 8, 2022, which is just an estimate. Scarborough has a big backlog with paper applications, you just need to be patient and wait, unfortunately.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I did order these notes under Privacy Act, does it give more information if I apply under Access to Information?
You will receive the same information, as we live in Canada and are already PR holders, we don't need to pay. The other one is for those that request GCMS notes through a third party or are outside of Canada. However under Privacy Act there are two options, one is to request electronic notes and the other is to request the documents that are linked to your file, it includes your application form, and all the documents you submitted with your application, also if you were asked to provide fingerprints or other documents they will be there, any communication through the webform or email will be included as well, but doesn't provide any details about the steps or updates with the application, that is only with electronic notes option.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: $Navi$

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
If your Background verification has been set to "completed" in the dashboard, that means you cleared Criminality and Security checks, nothing to worry about. My notes were the same in regards to test, language, residence etc., due date, received AOR on April 13, 2021, and the due date was April 22, 2022, but I got the test invitation on Feb 8, 2022, which is just an estimate. Scarborough has a big backlog with paper applications, you just need to be patient and wait, unfortunately.
I have similar timeline, but Vancouver office (Surrey on GCMS). My background is complete (Jan 20 2022), but Prohibition still in progress.

Hope I will get a test invite soon. paper based here too :(

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have similar timeline, but Vancouver office (Surrey on GCMS). My background is complete (Jan 20 2022), but Prohibition still in progress.

Hope I will get a test invite soon. paper based here too :(
That is normal, prohibitions, language skills, physical presence, will be as in progress until a decision is made, usually a few months after passing the test.. Hopefully you will hear from them soon.