+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is that the certified agency sends the information to RCMP (electronically) and RCMP will send the results to IRCC Vancouver after they verify the FP, this could take from 3 - 6 weeks, it all varies based on the information they are able to get from the fingerprints matching. You will see a change in the dashboard (BG completed) after IRCC has received the results from RCMP.
Hi strong faith , some people recommended that we do 2 finger print in different agency to make sure that RCMP send the result on time , also one of my friends had a mistake in the sent addrsss of Vancouver office as he mentioned that the office not in BC is this can affect the application ?

pls advise

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
Hi everyone, I have a few updates since the last time I posted here:
- IRCC requested documents on Sep 29 (copies of passports)
- Took the test on Oct 17
- Test updated to completed on the dashboard on Oct 22
- Sent the documents on Oct 24

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi strong faith , some people recommended that we do 2 finger print in different agency to make sure that RCMP send the result on time , also one of my friends had a mistake in the sent addrsss of Vancouver office as he mentioned that the office not in BC is this can affect the application ?

pls advise

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
@Strongfaith42 - out of curiosity, incase I get FP check in Calgary -assuming you are in Calgary what would be the process ? which agency do I have to approach as I am made to believe CP is not taking FP's for IRCC at the moment?
Correct RCMP is not taking FP. You will need to find an accredited company that can do this for you. If you search in your browser by RCMP Fingerprints Calgary, you will find companies that are close to you. I went to Snappy Fingerprints in the downtown area but there are many others in Calgary.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

pls advise
If you send double, yes I think that could impact the file, as IRCC will receive two different results with different dates and I am sure they will go with the date on the most recent one, it will confuse them.

I don't know what is the case of your friend, but if the Fingerprints were sent to a different address other than the one specified in the FP request letter, then in their case it is probably better to rectify the address and do the process again, but maybe they can call to IRCC and confirm the address with them.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a few updates since the last time I posted here:
- IRCC requested documents on Sep 29 (copies of passports)
- Took the test on Oct 17
- Test updated to completed on the dashboard on Oct 22
- Sent the documents on Oct 24
Congratulations on passing your test!!! I have added the information to the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Iman.G

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Hi Guys, How to update the home address? Applied online and received AOR in Aug. Web forum or is there some other way?

Eitan-ro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I'm looking at the spreadsheet, and I see that almost everyone other than me and one more person had an interview after passing their test... it makes me think that I missed something or IRCC forgot about me... o_O
(And yes, I know that not everyone have the interview...)

Nocturno

Jun 5, 2016
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately my application seems stalled again - I applied online (Vancouver) on April 20, only got AOR on August 25, and since then, absolutely nothing. No updates on the online tracker after Aug 26. I keep reading here that folks are having their tests already, whereas I didn't even get my background check completed. Anyone else in the same boat? What's going on?

Thanks!

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Nope. For me, only citizenship test and BG is showing as completed. Rest is showing as in Progress for last few weeks. The last update for me was 20 days ago on 4th October where Citizenship test shows as completed in New ECAS. After that, no other update. What about you?
Same here. But I know of two friends who had their test in September and now all their boxes have turned completed!

What about your old ECAS?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I'm looking at the spreadsheet, and I see that almost everyone other than me and one more person had an interview after passing their test... it makes me think that I missed something or IRCC forgot about me... o_O
(And yes, I know that not everyone have the interview...)
In the spreadsheet, the "Test interview date" means that the applicant has taken the test, not that the applicant went through an interview. Before COVID it appears that when IRCC invited applicants to take the test and interview could be performed at the same time, that doesn't happen now, there are very few cases where interviews are required and that information is captured in the Notes section.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Same here. But I know of two friends who had their test in September and now all their boxes have turned completed!

What about your old ECAS?
It all varies by the local office processing your applications, Niagara Falls is in "Flash" mode, and applicants from there are getting Oath invites already, all we can do is wait for our offices to wake up and start processing our applications in a timely manner.

Reactions: viveks

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi how long it take to get update on Tracker after finger print ?

is it a week or 2?

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
Interesting new update. My wife's file was updated with BG completed on Sept 10th and my file hadn't been updated at all. However, we have both recieved test invites (according to the new tracker) on Oct 25th, even though my BG is still marked In Progress. (I'm bacovcin on the tracking sheet).