+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

zoozi77

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Toronto
Hello, my application seems completely stalled again (after taking the test in December and background check completed in January). Two months ago I was asked to provide passport scans and stamp translations, which I did some 6 weeks ago, since then nothing. Anyone had this happen to them and what action did you take to get things going again? I'm not impatient, it's just that I've never received any acknowledgement that my scans were received, and I'm unclear whether they're still waiting for my action or are working on it. There's been no status update in the tracker since Jan 24.
I'm in the same boat, last update was January 31st for background check. I've asked for ATIP last month and still waiting.

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
I have received my citizenship certificate in the mail, exactly 3 weeks after my oath ceremony.

My Journey from an International Student to PGWP to PR to a Canadian Citizen is now complete. It has been over 15 years in the making.

Thank You this forum and to all the members who have shared and helped me along the way. ;) Cheers~
Hi, I would have a query? If you may please , during the ceremony I have herd a paper is send to you to downlead print and scan back - is there a field there on which I can put my new address for correspondence. I have since moved from the address I have on file?

Thank you

kiwi1959

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
To aman_78671

Last Friday, I got an update like yours "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 1, 2022 " which means 1-week from now.
I still didn't receive the invitation yet (checked my email inbox and spam/junk). Have you received any email invitation since your last update ?
Let me know please, My email is: m_mechri @ yahoo . com
Thanks

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
To aman_78671

Last Friday, I got an update like yours "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 1, 2022 " which means 1-week from now.
I still didn't receive the invitation yet (checked my email inbox and spam/junk). Have you received any email invitation since your last update ?
Let me know please, My email is: m_mechri @ yahoo . com
Thanks
What's your timeline

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Congrats, i have almost the same timeline even background and test invite dates but i am still waiting for oath. I applied April 19,2021 online. Office is Niagra Falls
Hi did your physical language and prohibition completed together? as mine prohibition still in process but language and physical is completed.

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Paperbased Application
Submitted: Feb 7th 2022
AOR: Mar 17th 2022
BG completed: May 4th 2022

Citizenship Test in progress: May 20th 2022
Test to be taken between 27th May and 16th June
Language, physical presence, prohibitions: In Progress

#Diane#

Apr 19, 2022
Anyone for Oath on May 17 2022 Niagara at 10:15am? Was just wondering because mine is not yet close, still says in progress. Please let me know

Reactions: summaiya_t

Canada2021_J

May 14, 2021
Hi, I would have a query? If you may please , during the ceremony I have herd a paper is send to you to downlead print and scan back - is there a field there on which I can put my new address for correspondence. I have since moved from the address I have on file?

Thank you
Have you already had the ceremony? If not, then they will ask you for the current address during ceremony and you can tell them about the new address. I am not sure, what is the process, if your ceremony is over and they don't have the correct address on file. Hope this helps. All the best!!!

Reactions: Manny02