AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Many congratulations on getting your Canadian Citizenship! Correct me if I am wrong. But, I think you can have a passport in two days' time if you pay a little premium for the same and are able to show proof of your travel. Are you saying that the timeline has changed for their express service as well?

Also, when exactly are we supposed to surrender our Indian passports? Let us say I get my Canadian citizenship certificate after completing the oath ceremony and travel to India using an Indian passport. Would that be a problem? How is the Indian government going to know whether one has become a Canadian Citizen or not? The only problem I see is that entry into Canada without a PR card or passport would be a little problematic. Do they get you to tear up your PR card during the Oath ceremony?

I need to travel to India for some work and the citizenship ceremony has held me up somehow.
Technically you can get a passport in 2 days if you have proof of travel and if you are ready to stand in line from 5 am in the morning atleast here in the GTA. I don’t plan to travel soon so I have no real need to get the passport in a hurry.

There is a 3 month grace period for you to surrender you’re passport and relinquish you’re citizenship. As another poster has said above, you can surrender even later. They will probably give you fine. The issue is that you cannot apply for OCI or even a simple visit visa to enter india to see you’re family without you surrendering you’re indian passport/citizenship.

With regard to flying to india with an indian passport, the issue is getting back to Canada. They ask you to cut the PR card and they make you do it in front of them and show them the pieces on camera during the oath ceremony. As per Canada, you aren’t a PR anymore and hence you shouldn’t be having a PR card. So cutting up the card is an essential part of the process and is done during the oath ceremony.

You cannot use one passport to go to india and another passport to come back Canada. You will be flagged in the system and that could complicate things further at the airport.

tomatored91

Aug 7, 2021
Please update the following to the tracker.
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
5 Year Eligibility: June 26, 2017 - April 25, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 30, 2021
Test Invite: December 21, 2021
Test Date: January 7, 2022
Decision Made: February 22, 2022
Oath Letter Date: March 23, 2022
Oath Ceremony: April 5, 2022
Note:
Background verification: Completed, 7 November, 2021
Scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 24, 2021 and January 13, 2022.
Your citizenship application status: Closed: April 8, 2022
Congratulations! You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Reactions: aacan and anumantra
Jul 14, 2017
Consulates dont really have training or deliberately not telling us about the 3 months grace period like as usual. They just stick to same slogan of "you need to surrdence after acquiring citizenship" or dont want to encourage in surrender delays. But they will allow to surrender passport after years and with penalties if Indian passports are used after acquiring foreign citizenship. So surely people travel but one should avoid traveling with both country passports to India.
Surely no country trumpets or gives access to citizens' name list. Other country can only validate the passport.
Thanks for the clarification, Hari. I appreciate it.

Jul 14, 2017
Technically you can get a passport in 2 days if you have proof of travel and if you are ready to stand in line from 5 am in the morning atleast here in the GTA. I don’t plan to travel soon so I have no real need to get the passport in a hurry.

There is a 3 month grace period for you to surrender you’re passport and relinquish you’re citizenship. As another poster has said above, you can surrender even later. They will probably give you fine. The issue is that you cannot apply for OCI or even a simple visit visa to enter india to see you’re family without you surrendering you’re indian passport/citizenship.

With regard to flying to india with an indian passport, the issue is getting back to Canada. They ask you to cut the PR card and they make you do it in front of them and show them the pieces on camera during the oath ceremony. As per Canada, you aren’t a PR anymore and hence you shouldn’t be having a PR card. So cutting up the card is an essential part of the process and is done during the oath ceremony.

You cannot use one passport to go to india and another passport to come back Canada. You will be flagged in the system and that could complicate things further at the airport.
Thanks for clarifying my doubts. Much appreciated!

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Please update the following to the tracker.
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
5 Year Eligibility: June 26, 2017 - April 25, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 30, 2021
Test Invite: December 21, 2021
Test Date: January 7, 2022
Decision Made: February 22, 2022
Oath Letter Date: March 23, 2022
Oath Ceremony: April 5, 2022
Note:
Background verification: Completed, 7 November, 2021
Scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 24, 2021 and January 13, 2022.
Your citizenship application status: Closed: April 8, 2022
Congratulations! You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Congrats, i have almost the same timeline even background and test invite dates but i am still waiting for oath. I applied April 19,2021 online. Office is Niagra Falls

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My citizenship application status (new tracker) is now closed with the "Congratulations message".

I have yet to receive my citizenship certificate in the mail though.

And the next step is passport, which may take a few more months...
Hi After how long was your application closed, is it MTL office, my oath was on May 6th my application is still not closed

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
This zoom oat ceremony wait time is ridiculous. You wait for forever looking at " the meeting host will let you in soon" for 1 full hour. What a joke

Reactions: summaiya_t

Canada2021_J

May 14, 2021
Send it to the email id written on your oath form and please make sure, you put the clerk name in your subject line, so he/she can look at it sooner.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Got done with the oath ceremony today. It was incredibly organized and quick. We were scheduled at 8.30 am and we got done with everything by 9.30. Best of luck to everyone, who are waiting.
Us too. It was very well organised event and amazing folks from IRCC. It was great to see a mixed ethnicity crowd, some folks had done decorations with flags, balloons etc, which added a nice touch - good to see. Oath form signed and sent and drafted our passport applications, also registered for voting in Ontario elections - now wait begins for citizenship certificate before I can send the passport applications.

Good luck to all those who are waiting!

Canada2021_J

May 14, 2021
Us too. It was very well organised event and amazing folks from IRCC. It was great to see a mixed ethnicity crowd, some folks had done decorations with flags, balloons etc, which added a nice touch - good to see. Oath form signed and sent and drafted our passport applications, also registered for voting in Ontario elections - now wait begins for citizenship certificate before I can send the passport applications.

Good luck to all those who are waiting!
Awesome. Congratulations!!

yes, it was indeed a great experience. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you register for election? I was trying to do it and it is asking me for citizenship certificate.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Any one attended oath today from Naigara falls office at 10:15 Est?
Yeah!!! Long wait and promise of an email that never came. I returned my oat form to the email address on the same form.