+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I failed the test what will happen now ?
When they will reschedule? Is the retest is hard that the main one ?

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I'm a longtime lurker here but just joined to tell you all thank you. I've been using this forum since applying for my PR and I really appreciate all your help and guidance. My timeline is below-

Online application - Single
Apr 14, 2021 - Application submitted
Aug 20, 2021 - AOR
Nov 17, 2021 - Test Invite
Jan, 24, 2022 - Background completed
Mar 25, 2022 - Language, prohibitions and physical presence completed
Mar 28, 2022 - Oath Scheduled
Apr 20, 2022 - Oath ceremony :)

Processing office is Scarborough. Let me know if I can answer any questions to help anyone here.
congrats, got your info added to the spreadsheet.. just missing - when did you give your exam and when it got updated as passed?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi I failed the test what will happen now ?
When they will reschedule? Is the retest is hard that the main one ?
It varies, it could be within weeks or months after failing. From experiences others have shared it appears that you will be invited a second time to do the test online, similar to the first one, they have 100s of variations of the test, so it won't be the same. If you fail a second time then the third chance would be in a form of an interview, it could be called a hearing as well.

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
I sent my document on April 1st 2021. Only Background verification has been completed and everything else in process. But the tracker shows applicant sent after me has taken oath already. It has been exactly one year. What might be the issue? Any idea?

IRCC website says they are now finalizing application from Nov 2019. If they are now dealing with application from Nov 2019 then for IRCC to even touch my file it will even more than 1 and half years.

I am so frustrated. My other friends oath ceremony is done even though those people applied months after me.

Last edited:

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It varies, it could be within weeks or months after failing. From experiences others have shared it appears that you will be invited a second time to do the test online, similar to the first one, they have 100s of variations of the test, so it won't be the same. If you fail a second time then the third chance would be in a form of an interview, it could be called a hearing as well.
Thanks strongfaith ,how long it takes between 2 nd test and the hearing if I failed again

Jul 14, 2017
Guys, I completed my test on 23rd March 2022 and the status against the test is showing as 'Completed' on the tracker on 27th March 2021. What will be the next step and when? Am I to appear in an interview as well? If yes, when would that happen and how should one prepare for it?

Also, how do you guys determine which visa office is processing the application?

Thanks.

gwynbleidd

May 12, 2021
Yesterday, everything was updated to completed except Citizenship Ceremony, which is still showing "Not started".

How long does it usually take to get the oath letter or get movement on the citizenship ceremony? I didn't get a letter for the test previously, just found out the date and link by checking the status. Literally didn't receive any email from them since AOR.

Online applicant.

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
- Adiitional Document request- Passport Dec-30
Sunmited - Dec 31
  • Dec 24, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Dec 9, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 9, 2021 and December 29, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
New Updates

• Apr 5, 2022
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 5, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

• Mar 23, 2022
    Citizenship oath activity status updated

• Feb 22, 2022
    Language skills activity status updated

• Feb 22, 2022
    Prohibitions activity status updated

• Feb 22, 2022
    Physical presence activity status updated

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Hi everyone, I got background check completed on March 22, what should I expect next?

Here is my timeline:
- Sent application April 2021
- AOR July 15 2021
- Backround complete March 22 2022

Single applicant, paper based application.

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, can you update the tracker for my entry:

Test Interview Date Completed: March 24, 2022

Thank you.