NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
Applied on July 2019
File created on October 2019
Finished the test on 14th December 2020
All other checked on September 2021
Still waiting for ceremony
I called IRCC this morning and the agent said my clearance currently expired and it will be renewone it renewed they invite me to take an oath. Guys this is sucks
This is very sad we should be able to sue them as they are hindering your ability to get a federal jobs

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question if one of the family member passed the test and other not what will happen ? Are they will proceed with next step for the one who succeed automatically or we have to write for them to do this ?

Triet

Mar 14, 2022
This is very sad we should be able to sue them as they are hindering your ability to get a federal jobs
Idk why do they take it so long to processing my profile and I have been waiting almost 3 years and most of my friends who applied last year already got their oath. And mine they have to order the clearance again. And at this this point it could take several more months

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have a question if one of the family member passed the test and other not what will happen ? Are they will proceed with next step for the one who succeed automatically or we have to write for them to do this ?
If you applied as family they will process all applications at the same time, similar to FP, application will move to the next step until all have passed the test, unless someone fail the online test twice and fail during Teams meeting call which is the third opportunity. at the point they will make a decision to split the applications. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

What happens if I fail the written citizenship test?
Due to COVID-19, we cancelled
  • all in-personcitizenship tests
    • We’re now inviting some applicants to take the citizenship test online.
    • If you can’t or don’t want to do the online test, you may wait until in-person tests resume (date to be determined).
  • most retests, interviews and hearings(including videoconference hearings)
    • Wait for us to contact you.
    • If you need to change your appointment, contact the office that sent the invitation.
      • The contact information is in the letter we sent.
If you do not pass the written test, but you meet the other criteria for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test. This second test will usually take place 4-8 weeks after your first test, but the delay may be longer. If you are not available to take the test on that date, you must let us know.
If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer. During this hearing, the citizenship officer may assess whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship. During an oral interview, the citizenship officer may:
  • test your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
  • ask questions about your residency in Canada; and/or
  • assess if you have adequate knowledge of English or French.
If you are asked to attend an interview, but applied for citizenship with your family by sending your applications in the same envelope, your application will be processed separately from your family's unless you want them to be processed together.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
I found this from one of the current IRCC job postings:

"Personalised workplace arrangements (full-time telework, part-time telework or in-office). Part-time telework and in-office available to candidates in the Montreal area once it is safe to do so according to responsible authorities."

My citizenship application file is being processed by Montreal, no wonder it is not moving forward....

And also, civil servants in Quebec have only started working at office since early March 2022....

Looks like Quebec is taking it easy and not processing application at its optimal pace.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-civil-servants-to-gradually-return-to-a-hybrid-work-mode-1.5781037

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
I found this from one of the current IRCC job postings:

"Personalised workplace arrangements (full-time telework, part-time telework or in-office). Part-time telework and in-office available to candidates in the Montreal area once it is safe to do so according to responsible authorities."

My citizenship application file is being processed by Montreal, no wonder it is not moving forward....

And also, civil servants in Quebec have only started working at office since early March 2022....

Looks like Quebec is taking it easy and not processing application at its optimal pace.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-civil-servants-to-gradually-return-to-a-hybrid-work-mode-1.5781037
Don't what to say... maybe still a long wait for us, everything with IRCC is just pathetic.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied as family they will process all applications at the same time, similar to FP, application will move to the next step until all have passed the test, unless someone fail the online test twice and fail during Teams meeting call which is the third opportunity. at the point they will make a decision to split the applications. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

What happens if I fail the written citizenship test?
Due to COVID-19, we cancelled
  • all in-personcitizenship tests
    • We’re now inviting some applicants to take the citizenship test online.
    • If you can’t or don’t want to do the online test, you may wait until in-person tests resume (date to be determined).
  • most retests, interviews and hearings(including videoconference hearings)
    • Wait for us to contact you.
    • If you need to change your appointment, contact the office that sent the invitation.
      • The contact information is in the letter we sent.
If you do not pass the written test, but you meet the other criteria for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test. This second test will usually take place 4-8 weeks after your first test, but the delay may be longer. If you are not available to take the test on that date, you must let us know.
If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer. During this hearing, the citizenship officer may assess whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship. During an oral interview, the citizenship officer may:
  • test your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
  • ask questions about your residency in Canada; and/or
  • assess if you have adequate knowledge of English or French.
If you are asked to attend an interview, but applied for citizenship with your family by sending your applications in the same envelope, your application will be processed separately from your family's unless you want them to be processed together.
Thanks strong faith for your reply ,is the test is full of dates that they need to memorize each and every date ?

MikeEH

Sep 10, 2021
Thanks strong faith for your reply ,is the test is full of dates that they need to memorize each and every date ?
Learn the key dates, the test will have about 1-2 questions around dates. So don’t stress too much about it.

Njafters

Jun 13, 2020
Hi Everyone, I wrote the citizenship test on March 16, 2022. Fullmarks

Please update the sheet? Many thanks and good luck!

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
It could take from 1 day to weeks or months to update, depending on your local office, also in regards to BG it could be that they are still waiting for information from the entities that verify the BG or that they will ask for fingerprints. Many online applicants have received the test invitation with BG verification still in progress.
I saw the online tracker today and it updated my BG status to "Completed". But the citizenship test taken on March 5th is still showing in progress.

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Can some one please provide the details on how to contact the Local MP Office. The test was done was Nov 22, 2021. After that no updates whatsoever ever. Its going to be almost 1 year now :(

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Can some one please provide the details on how to contact the Local MP Office. The test was done was Nov 22, 2021. After that no updates whatsoever ever. Its going to be almost 1 year now :(
What is your primary processing office?