+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem I canot keep any date , is the test have dates that I have to moemirise

Nocturno

Jun 5, 2016
It's very frustrating, i don't know what kind of processing they are doing at Scarborough office . I also saw may and June are having oath. When April applicant are still waiting. We have done our tests four months ago.
Same here, no updates since Jan 25, but I think my processing office is Montreal. Completed the test (mid-December) and cleared BG verification (Jan 25) so far.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I passed my online test on March 5th, 2022 but the status has not turned into completed yet. Is it normal?
Also, not sure why the BG check is still in progress when I already received the test invite.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks strong faith the test window from 18 March to 7 April
Can I use this link if I am using representative?
Can I help my wife to take the photo and the Id before test start .
Is this link direct link to the test or it will send the link to my representative?
Can I use this link now or I have to wait till the last date ?
Please read the step by step tutorial, all the answer to these questions are there.

If you have a representative but want to change where the test link is sent
  1. You’ll see the option to update the email address after clicking the “Email me the test link” button.
    1. You’ll only see this option if you and your representative have filled out the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.
  2. Select “Yes, I want to use my email address (new email).”
  3. Provide your representative’s email address.
    1. Ask your representative if they updated their email address.
    2. Be sure to enter the correct email address.
  4. Provide the new email address that will receive the test link.
  5. Confirm the new email address.
  6. Click the “Email me” button.
There are screenshots so you will get familiar with the tool.

Yes you can help your family members to take the picture of the ID and photo, at that time the camera has not started to record anything. After the pictures are taken and validated, you will have to leave the room.

The direct link works fo you or your representative, but if you want to change the email address follow the steps above.

You have to wait until March 18 to get access to the online citizenship test, if you try now it will say that you have not been invited to take the test.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I passed my online test on March 5th, 2022 but the status has not turned into completed yet. Is it normal?
Also, not sure why the BG check is still in progress when I already received the test invite.
It could take from 1 day to weeks or months to update, depending on your local office, also in regards to BG it could be that they are still waiting for information from the entities that verify the BG or that they will ask for fingerprints. Many online applicants have received the test invitation with BG verification still in progress.

Reactions: aman_78671

Fa2

Apr 28, 2021
@Fa2 @MikeEH - my wife received the oath date for 1-April-2022. I and my wife followed the same timeline till background check even with different applications.

Please keep me posted if you get any updates.
Congrats to your wife. No updates, I'm waiting for Scarborough office.

Mar 18, 2019
Applied online 21st April 2021
AOR on 26th August 2021
Test completed 24th November 2021
BG completed 22nd December 2021

Radio silence since then from Scarborough office. Has anyone with similar timeline and local office heard anything from scarborough?
Test done in Sep 2021 and background check completed. Thereafter no update from Scarborough office…..

Hope_246

Mar 16, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have been waiting for 4 months after submitting my fingerprints for the background check to get completed. The background check and prohibitions are they only things left as "in progress". I called IRCC and they told me that I have passed my criminality check and the long wait is for the security check. Is this normal? How long should it normally take? What exactly are they searching for in the security check?

(Edmonton Office)

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

npcanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
No update since AOR in August.. Local processing office is Vancouver. Anyone has their file in Vancouver?
Hi NeetKaur,

Very similar case like my wife's, hers too was last updated in Sep 2021. Post AOR only Background Verification is completed and no updates since then.

I also applied for notes about 3-4 months ago but never received any notes.

• Wow
Reactions: karkik

nursegabo

Nov 5, 2013
Hi NeetKaur,

Very similar case like my wife's, hers too was last updated in Sep 2021. Post AOR only Background Verification is completed and no updates since then.

I also applied for notes about 3-4 months ago but never received any notes.
Same as my application. I wonder what’s happening in Vancouver office. Seems like they are working from home.