+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I too got my Oath Ceremony dates confirmed this morning!!

Application history

• Jan 21, 2022

Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 21, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

• Jan 6, 2022
    Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

• Dec 3, 2021
    Physical presence activity status updated

Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed

• Dec 3, 2021
    Prohibitions activity status updated

Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

• Dec 3, 2021
    Language skills activity status updated

Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed

• Oct 15, 2021
    Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

• Sep 28, 2021
    Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 4, 2021 and October 24, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Sep 28, 2021
    Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

• Sep 7, 2021
    Background verification activity status updated

Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed

• Jun 28, 2021
    Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Congratulations!

Reactions: viveks

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Please update the following to the tracker.
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
5 Year Eligibility: June 26, 2017 - April 25, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 30, 2021
Test Invite: December 21, 2021
Test Date: January 7, 2022
Note:
Background verification: Completed, 7 November, 2021
Scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 24, 2021 and January 13, 2022.
Congratulations!!! Spreadsheet has bee updated to capture additional information in the notes section.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,
I have applied for my wife, my son, and I on April 21, 2021. The application is paper type not online. We have applied from New Brunswick.
Received AOR on July 17th, 2021
Background check complete for my wife's application on Sep 9th. For me still in progress though it shows that my file was updated the same day but status not changed.
No updates on any other fields.
Apparently, it looks like the progress is slow. Not sure why it taking that much time. For the past 5 years, I have been living in Canada, so I wonder why it is taking that long to complete BG.
Btw, where can I find the tracker?
You will probably receive an email from the Vancouver office asking to submit Finger Prints, it takes a while after the BG verification has started. Paper applications have longer processing times than online. You could request GCMS notes, there you will be able to see if FP are required in your application.

In my signature, you can find links to ATIP/GCMS notes request, and the two citizenship trackers (old eCAS and new tracker)

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My Oath has been scheduled for Jan 19th.Havent received any ceremony invitation though. How many days before the ceremony should we get the email invite
Congratulations! You could receive the email with the Oath Ceremony information 1 week or even a few days before the Oath date.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Oh I found it, sorry. The website is called Citizen application tracker.
Hi guys, sorry it's been a while, I forgot how it works here. We sent our application in April 2021, received AOR July 2021, am I considered April or July applicant?

Either or, my main question is did anyone who received AOR in July 2021 heard back about anything from government? We received email that CIC started working on our application, but haven't receive any correspondence, no request or anything.
There was a website that I logged in and I could see my application status, but that was down for a while. Now when I login through my banking it tells me there are no applications submitted, but also the home screen looks different from when I logged in first time, while ago. Can't recall if I used banking to login though
You are considered an April 2021 Applicant, could you please provide your application details:

Physical presence days
Application sent
Application received April #, 2021
AOR July #, 2021
Any other updates?

Thanks

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So do you have any update?
i am april applicant, aor received in July. Test completed November
Could you please provide your application details to be added to the spreadsheet?

Physical presence days
Application sent
Application received April #, 2021
AOR July #, 2021
Any other updates?

Thanks

toxarika

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Application type (/ family 2#)
Physical presence days -1600
Application sent april 16 2021
Application received April 23, 2021
AOR July 14, 2021
In process sept 15
Background for wife completed 20 Sep
November 15 test invite for both, test done Nov 27- completed nov 30
Husband fingerprints requested on Nov 6-done Nov 15( since waiting for bg update)
Wife all sections completed,
For Husband also completed, except background and Prohibition[/QUOTE]

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
In the test invitation from Niagara Falls, Has anyone seen this?

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 Please read this e-mail carefully as it contains instructions to do before, during and after the citizenship knowledge test.
 If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must forward the message to the email of the applicant.
 Please read the Important Notice section below as you are required to submit additional documents.

But there is no Important notice section in the document. What are those additional documents? Has anyone experienced this and what did you do?
Yes I did, They ask for my passport copy in Important Notice Section. It was right after the test instructions.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
My office is also Niagra Falls,i did my test on Jan 1st and still showing in process.
Mine too, Not sure if they are still enjoying their new year holidays. lol. jokes apart, I am desperate to know what Niagara falls office is up to. Why they are not updating anything for anyone.

practical17

Aug 25, 2021
In the test invitation from Niagara Falls, Has anyone seen this?

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 Please read this e-mail carefully as it contains instructions to do before, during and after the citizenship knowledge test.
 If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must forward the message to the email of the applicant.
 Please read the Important Notice section below as you are required to submit additional documents.

But there is no Important notice section in the document. What are those additional documents? Has anyone experienced this and what did you do?
Hi there,

I just noticed that I had the same sentence in my letter from niagara falls and there was no such section in it. There was nothing on the website either now that my test was updated to completed. I guess it was a mistake...? Not sure tho. Would there be a reminder for passport pages on the website if it is required?

Anyone else had the same notes?

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi there,

I just noticed that I had the same sentence in my letter from niagara falls and there was no such section in it. There was nothing on the website either now that my test was updated to completed. I guess it was a mistake...? Not sure tho. Would there be a reminder for passport pages on the website if it is required?

Anyone else had the same notes?
Hi,
For me it was right after the technical issues paragraph, but if you are not sure if it's a mistake or you missed something then you can always submit the web form and ask about it. If there is an issue they will let you know else you are good to go.