+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

tomatored91

Aug 7, 2021
Please update the following to the tracker.
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
5 Year Eligibility: June 26, 2017 - April 25, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 30, 2021
Test Invite: December 21, 2021
Test Date: January 7, 2022
Note:
Background verification: Completed, 7 November, 2021
Scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 24, 2021 and January 13, 2022.

Amer2018

Oct 9, 2018
Hi,
I have applied for my wife, my son, and I on April 21, 2021. The application is paper type not online. We have applied from New Brunswick.
Received AOR on July 17th, 2021
Background check complete for my wife's application on Sep 9th. For me still in progress though it shows that my file was updated the same day but status not changed.
No updates on any other fields.
Apparently, it looks like the progress is slow. Not sure why it taking that much time. For the past 5 years, I have been living in Canada, so I wonder why it is taking that long to complete BG.
Btw, where can I find the tracker?

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Please update the following to the tracker.
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: April 25, 2021 (Online application)
5 Year Eligibility: June 26, 2017 - April 25, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 30, 2021
Test Invite: December 21, 2021
Test Date: January 7, 2022
Note:
Background verification: Completed, 7 November, 2021
Scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 24, 2021 and January 13, 2022.
Is your office Niagra Falls? Have you completed your test if yes, when?

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi April Applicants,
I passed my test on Dec 18th and it was updated to completed, I was also asked to submit a passport copy which I missed in the excitement of the exam and sent it after a week of update. since then nothing changed. I don't get any fp request as yet as so many of you mentioned. Any clue guys? How do you which is your processing office? I am from Cambridge,Ontario btw. Thanks.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hello friends,

Time to come out of my lurk mode and check in with the group - hopefully we can help each other with these questions:

1) I see many here waiting for a long time to get a citizenship test invite after their BG check was completed. I actually have completed my citizenship test (in early December) with all of the other fields in the online tracker still "in progress" with no updates at all! *This is with the new online tracker*. Is this expected/has anybody else encountered this? Not in a hurry, just trying to get an overall sense of where my application is at the moment.

2) One of the reasons I am asking is that I am outside Canada - having left (for the time being, more or less permanently) several months after my online application was submitted and after receiving AOR in August. Following advice from this thread, I didn't update my maling address (as I understood it wasn't necessary), but did let IRCC know that I was outside of Canada when the test invite came in and proceeded to complete the test from outside Canada.
Now, I am not sure what to do about the citizenship oath itself. I found somebody saying somewhere in the forum that they were offered an option to take it from outside the country (at the cost of a significant delay), but never was able to find that again. I could make arrangements to come to Canada for the oath, no problem; my concerns are about where the citizenship certificate would be mailed then, and how many times would I have to come to the country to get my passport in hand (given Covid related travel difficulties). Worse, I read something about having to destroy my PR card - when would that have to happen, and how do I do that if I am outside the country with no visa to re-enter? Should I go ahead and provide a friend's mailing address to IRCC now?

Thanks so much!
App submitted Apr 20, online, Vancouver. AOR end of August. Test invite late November, test taken early December. No other updates at all.
I think you have to be physically present in Canada for oath ceremony and at the same time they ask you to destroy your or card because thats is an official change of status from pr to citizen. However, you can give it a shot and ask them if there is a way out for exceptional cases and they can provide you an alternative.

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
I got my GCMS notes after little over two months every thing staight forward
Language evidence - Exempted age 55 and over but on my online still say not started I think this also goes for citizenship test.
Eligibility assessment 1
Type eligibility Residence
Status NOT STARTED
Due date July 2022 one year from assigned date which when I got the ROA

Eligibility assessment 2
Type eligibility Prohibitions
Status NOT STARTED

My question is that mean the visa officer will not look into my file before the due date.
Thanks

Fa2

Apr 28, 2021
What's going on with Scarborough office? Is too quiet. I apply April 18th 2021. Did the test November 19 and update 23 November complete but since then no update. Everything in progress and oath ceremony not started.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I got my GCMS notes after little over two months every thing staight forward
Language evidence - Exempted age 55 and over but on my online still say not started I think this also goes for citizenship test.
Eligibility assessment 1
Type eligibility Residence
Status NOT STARTED

Eligibility assessment 2
Type eligibility Prohibitions
Status NOT STARTED

My question is that mean the visa officer will not look into my file before the due date.
Thanks
I don't think it's about the due date because varies for case to case but 1 year is the average timeline for 80% cases as per the website. I just you hear something soon from them and it will be done within the timeline as you are exempted from language and knowledge test. Good luck

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
I don't think it's about the due date because varies for case to case but 1 year is the average timeline for 80% cases as per the website. I just you hear something soon from them and it will be done within the timeline as you are exempted from language and knowledge test. Good luck
Thank you

morpheus123

Mar 5, 2018
My Oath has been scheduled for Jan 19th.Havent received any ceremony invitation though. How many days before the ceremony should we get the email invite

Reactions: $Navi$

Kakashi03

Nov 6, 2021
Hi All,

My wife and I received our Citizenship test invite on Oct 26th and we completed it on November 6th. But the dashboard is still not updated and shows "In-Progress". I see many people getting their dashboard updated within 1 to 30 days.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar situation or is it just me? Should I be concerned, ask for GCMS notes?

Application Type: Paper Based

Language skills: In Progress
Physical presence: In Progress
Citizenship test: In Progress (Test completed on November 6th, 2021 but still not updated)
Background verification: Completed (Sep 21st,2021)
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
wow 3 months since everything completed? And here I was expecting to get my oath invite this week lol. (Online applicant, all stages completed except oath on December 9. Cant access ECAS)

I read on IRCC's service standards that "our service standards: invite applicants to a citizenship ceremony within 4 months of approving their application"

So I'd say hang in there. You're definitely getting invited right after the holidays I'd imagine.
Team... FYI ..Oath ceremony scheduled for mid Jan 2022. Thank you.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Does probation check usually take just as long as the background check? It basically looks like the same type of check but at different times of the application process. Thanks