+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

CrystalinCanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
• What you need to know about coronavirus and your application? (valid As of the date of posting this)

1. Will there be processing delays for applications currently being processed?
All applications currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad, at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed but may experience delays. While it is evident that many IRCC offices are still closed, however, as alternative measured are put in place things will improve. List of all IRCC offices and their current status is available here.

As of March 24, 2021; IRCC is continuing to process CEC applications and are finalising CEC applications received between May 24 and 30, 2020.

2. Is IRCC providing any relaxation to application filing?
Yes, as per IRCC, if you’re missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)
  • IRCC won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • IRCC will automatically give you an extra 90 days to send the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
  • IRCC will keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents
  • you don’t have to IRCC us to get this extension
  • once you’re able to, send IRCC the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays

3. I have received an additional document request, but I cannot procure the documents as the government office, or my employer’s office is closed?
IRCC is continuing to process permanent residency and citizenship applications. When additional documentation is required to make a decision on the application, processing officers have been instructed to send a request letter and allow 90 days for the applicant to respond.

4. I was sent an additional document request, but I was unable to provide it within 30 days, will my application be refused?
No, your application will not be refused. If a request for additional documentation was previously sent but the applicant was unable to comply, within the stipulated timeframe, the processing officers are required to bring forward the application and allow an additional 90 days for the applicant to respond.

5. I have received Biometrics Instructions Letter (BIL), but all IRCC offices in Canada or in my country are closed, and I am unlikely to comply with the 30 days time frame to provide the biometrics.
IRCC has informed that the biometric instruction letter (BIL) cannot be amended and IRCC will continue to advise applicants that they have 30 days from the date of the letter to give their biometrics. In the most recent policy change, IRCC has informed that if you have given biometrics in the last 10 years, you are exempt from giving them again. To check if your previous biometrics are valid, you can check the status at <https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR2XOMUJJMcdwNWG8awkgF_u7OGylXTxRqhCM_g23tSqq1uJVhC2KyRv1aI>

However, if you do not fall within the above exception, IRCC will automatically extend your biometrics deadline to give your biometrics. You do not have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days. Also, you don’t have to contact IRCC for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. You can bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment, even if time frame mentioned on BIL is expired. To keep updated on the most recent updates in BIL see here.

6. I received the ITA, and I have to submit my application in the next few days, but I am unable to obtain a document due to service disruption resulting from coronavirus. What should I do?
If you have received the ITA, you have to submit your application before the stipulated time (i.e. within 60 days). However, some applicants have reported that this time frame has increased by an additional 30 days. IRCC offices have been instructed that if a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required and cannot be exempt or deferred), the applicant should include an explanation (Letter of explanation – LoE) with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline. These missing documents will not result in the refusal of an application for R10 or being incomplete.

• How to send a Case Specific Enquiry / Webform -

During the processing fo your application you may need to update your application and send additional documents. You can send updates and documents by webform (CSE) using the link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

When IRCC asks for any additional documents, and there is no upload slot in your MyCIC account, you will then once again have to send those documents via CSE using the link above.

You can also use this link to enquire about the status of your application if it exceeds 6 months.
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your information!
I have a question, my partner is PR and I am applying through CEC, AOR April 8th, when I submitted my application, we found something very interesting, when I was asked will your common-law partner coming with you to Canada, I answered "yes" as my understanding is that my partner will be living with me in Canada, and then when I finish all the questions and information section, the application fee scared me, I have to pay for two applicants, 2*(800+550), which is ridiculous as my partner is already a PR. So I went back to the application and answered "no" to that question and a followed question is the reason why your partner not coming with you to Canada, I wrote as he already a PR. Then my application fee became one for one applicant. So my question is will this confuse visa officer? this is very funny and I am not sure if I understood the question correctly. Thanks in advance for your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your information!
I have a question, my partner is PR and I am applying through CEC, AOR April 8th, when I submitted my application, we found something very interesting, when I was asked will your common-law partner coming with you to Canada, I answered "yes" as my understanding is that my partner will be living with me in Canada, and then when I finish all the questions and information section, the application fee scared me, I have to pay for two applicants, 2*(800+550), which is ridiculous as my partner is already a PR. So I went back to the application and answered "no" to that question and a followed question is the reason why your partner not coming with you to Canada, I wrote as he already a PR. Then my application fee became one for one applicant. So my question is will this confuse visa officer? this is very funny and I am not sure if I understood the question correctly. Thanks in advance for your help!

You have to select no. Also, on the application there is a specific question which asks whether your spouse or CLP is a PR or Canadian citizen. Based on that you will only be asked to submit your spouse's proof of PR / citizenship.

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hey, is there a difference between AOR and submitting your application?
I already submitted my application got my acknowledgment receipt and everything.

is AOR another step?
Hey i submitted my application on March 31st but the date on my AOR is 1st April. Thatswhy I wrote like that.

CrystalinCanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
You have to select no. Also, on the application there is a specific question which asks whether your spouse or CLP is a PR or Canadian citizen. Based on that you will only be asked to submit your spouse's proof of PR / citizenship.
Thanks, they did ask to proof my partner's status in Canada in later question

Reactions: legalfalcon

olha

Nov 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

PNP Outland - NOC 2172
CRS-464
ITA- March 8
AOR- April 15

Last edited:

london24

Apr 15, 2021
Hello. I applied for EE in November 2020 and have a CRS of 478. What are my chances of receiving an ITA in April 2021? Thanks

london24

Apr 15, 2021
Hello. I applied for EE in November 2020 and have a CRS of 478. What are my chances of receiving an ITA in April 2021? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: olha

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hey guys ... Just curious to know anybody got their medicals and biometric letter yet?

It's been 15 days no update on my application