+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

idemobre

Jan 8, 2021
I completed my medical exam around a month ago, and haven't received any updates from IRCC whether I have passed it or not. I reviewed a copy of the medical exam results with a doctor who told me everything is fine, and there is no reason for refusal, but I'm wondering is it normal for IRCC to take so long to approve a medical result submitted by the doctor?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I completed my medical exam around a month ago, and haven't received any updates from IRCC whether I have passed it or not. I reviewed a copy of the medical exam results with a doctor who told me everything is fine, and there is no reason for refusal, but I'm wondering is it normal for IRCC to take so long to approve a medical result submitted by the doctor?
They do not send emails about this, have you checked gckey?

Currently yes there are delays in updating and should not be anything to worry about.

idemobre

Jan 8, 2021
They do not send emails about this, have you checked gckey?

Currently yes there are delays in updating and should not be anything to worry about.
Of course, I'm checking GCKey. I also just noticed there's a mistake with the address, the doctor wrote a wrong postal code on one of the pages of the report, so maybe that's the reason. I think I'm gonna have to call them for this. Thank you for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Of course, I'm checking GCKey. I also just noticed there's a mistake with the address, the doctor wrote a wrong postal code on one of the pages of the report, so maybe that's the reason. I think I'm gonna have to call them for this. Thank you for your help!
I doubt postal code would cause an issue but do check if you wish.

Reactions: singleman

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Did you call IRCC or GCMS ? OR any other information Please let us know.
Multiple calls have been made to IRCC , they assure us that everything is fine. MP notes in February stated that spousal eligibility has been finalized while notes requested through our MP in April said spousal eligibility has not been finalized yet. GCMS notes mentioned that a medical request was sent and we didn't respond. We contacted our MP to request IRCC to send us medical/biometrics as instructed by our representative to which IRCC responded that right now a medical isn't required and they will let us know when it is needed. I also raised a webform about the same time and they gave almost the same answer.

Reactions: deepika_bohra

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
It is unbelievable that you guys have nothing at all. We r May 2020 applicant and things happened, however all stuck at the ndvo they will take a good extra year as I can see . Roughly total of 2 years due to covid for Outlanders. Here is a link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
Last updated: April 27, 2021

We’re still accepting family sponsorship applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
July 6 and 13, 2019
?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

It is unbelievable for me as well and hard to accept the fact that my file has not even been worked on since September 2020(according to GCMS notes) despite having a rather straightforward case. Many March 2020 applicants have landed in Canada in the past months. I have an inkling that some of the March-April 2020 files are at the bottom of a pile(physical or digital)and have not been picked up by an officer.
Yes I know of this link and check it daily. It does not make sense to me that while most files are being worked on, some haven't been touched in months.

FisherFamily

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah I was outraged when I received our notes and they didn't even have our application in their file!!! They found it back on march 12 2021 and have been working on it since then, after working with my local MP for a while...

Happy to announce today we have completed a tons of things even though they hadn't worked on it at all until march 2021!

Today we received our CSQ by mail

I hope you all get news soon...

shru1788

Jul 30, 2018
It is unbelievable for me as well and hard to accept the fact that my file has not even been worked on since September 2020(according to GCMS notes) despite having a rather straightforward case. Many March 2020 applicants have landed in Canada in the past months. I have an inkling that some of the March-April 2020 files are at the bottom of a pile(physical or digital)and have not been picked up by an officer.
Yes I know of this link and check it daily. It does not make sense to me that while most files are being worked on, some haven't been touched in months.
it's really sad......We can't do anything except just wait....

deepika_bohra

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
19-12-2020
Passport Req..
19-07-2021
I have done all I could, applied for GMCS, web form, contacting MP, calling. My file is stuck with pre arrival letter received on March 22. No update. Application received on April 16, 2020.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I have done all I could, applied for GMCS, web form, contacting MP, calling. My file is stuck with pre arrival letter received on March 22. No update. Application received on April 16, 2020.
9 april, 2020 outland spousal sponsorship applicant
AOR1 24 oct.2020
No SA
No Medical
Already created web forms
Consulted MP
No response