+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

tanjid12

Mar 15, 2019
Hi guys. April 26, 2020 applicant here.

PCC expired during process.

Has anyone else had their PCC expire on them while you waited for IRCC to reply? We just received communication from them asking for a PCC when we had already submitted one (FBI). Our Outland AOR was November 26, 2020 and FBI clearance was dated on the same month.

It took them 6 months to respond.

They say that due to covid applications will take longer, which makes sense.

But I find it kind of ridiculous how they ask for time sensitive documents when their correspondence time goes beyond the expiry date.

Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks
yes my wife's PCC got expired as well. Luckily its not much of a hassle for me to collect a new one. I emailed them that it is not easy to get a PCC from home country specially when my wife is Canada on TRV but they didnt give any sh*t. VO is Singapore. They still asked for it. Anyways got DM in ECAS today!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys. April 26, 2020 applicant here.

PCC expired during process.

Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks
Personally I gthink the PCC 'expired' issue is a bit odd. The PCC is valid in terms of what it shows - no criminal record - as of the day it's issued. That's it. The validity is irrelevant, even if it's got a validity date some months out.

IRCC will ask for a new one when they think they need it. But it's not direclty linked (as far as I can tell) to the date on it.

Yash@2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
yes my wife's PCC got expired as well. Luckily its not much of a hassle for me to collect a new one. I emailed them that it is not easy to get a PCC from home country specially when my wife is Canada on TRV but they didnt give any sh*t. VO is Singapore. They still asked for it. Anyways got DM in ECAS today!
Ok, so you got DM even without submitting new PCC?

jtea9

Jan 7, 2021
Received Passport Request from New York Visa office. June 18, 2021

April 24, 2020 Submission
Yess!! Congrats!
We are on a similar timeline, April 23, 2020 submission.
Received Passport Request from NY June 17, 2021.
I sent it in yesterday and should be received by their office today, hopefully will get word back soon!