+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

FNguyen

Dec 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am happy to hear for those who have received acknowledgment and moving on to the next steps in their application process!

I just want to briefly share my husband (Canadian citizen) and I (U.S. citizen) story. We are April 2020 outland applicants as well. Our application was received on April 6th 2020 to Sydney, Nova Scotia and we have yet to receive anything. My husband has wrote numerous web forms to inquire but haven't had a response other than covid delaying processing times. Only thing he received in the last month was a temporary file number, which from our understanding means they have done the bare minimum on our application. We're now worried there may be an issue with our application and it will be returned since some people have been able to go to the next step and their application was received days after ours. Has anyone else received a temporary file number? If so, how long after did you receive AOR or request to complete the next step?

Your response is much appreciated!

FNguyen

Dec 8, 2020
April 3rd applicant here. I called in and got a temporary number while back. Then called 3 weeks ago and was told that my file's completion check was started at beginning of October. Then called this week and was told there is no such thing as completion check being started on my file. Beyond frustrated with these guys to the extent I want to fly out there and smack their heads into the monitors lol
Hi, may I ask which phone number you used to get through and talk to someone? My husband has tried calling 1888-242-2100 and have not been able to talk to anyone. Your response is greatly appreciated!

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am happy to hear for those who have received acknowledgment and moving on to the next steps in their application process!

I just want to briefly share my husband (Canadian citizen) and I (U.S. citizen) story. We are April 2020 outland applicants as well. Our application was received on April 6th 2020 to Sydney, Nova Scotia and we have yet to receive anything. My husband has wrote numerous web forms to inquire but haven't had a response other than covid delaying processing times. Only thing he received in the last month was a temporary file number, which from our understanding means they have done the bare minimum on our application. We're now worried there may be an issue with our application and it will be returned since some people have been able to go to the next step and their application was received days after ours. Has anyone else received a temporary file number? If so, how long after did you receive AOR or request to complete the next step?

we are in the same boat, not sure what happened. And already been more than 7 months. Even some July's get AOR already.

FNguyen

Dec 8, 2020
we are in the same boat, not sure what happened. And already been more than 7 months. Even some July's get AOR already.
Hi Leitian, I saw that as well, my husband and I have been wondering if it has to do with my geographic location (U.S.) and which province we are applying to (Ontario). Are you and your spouse American and Canadian as well?

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi Leitian, I saw that as well, my husband and I have been wondering if it has to do with my geographic location (U.S.) and which province we are applying to (Ontario). Are you and your spouse American and Canadian as well?
I am PR, and my wife is in China

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi everyone,

There are many March applicants who haven't heard anything yet. so relax and at this stage, no one can tell you when you will get AOR you might get it tomorrow and it might take a couple of months just hang in there

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
There are many March applicants who haven't heard anything yet. so relax and at this stage, no one can tell you when you will get AOR you might get it tomorrow and it might take a couple of months just hang in there
if I still need wait for couple of months to get AOR, I think I will give up. Since my wife refuse by apply Visit Visa.
There is no newly married couple that can be separated for that long.

FNguyen

Dec 8, 2020
if I still need wait for couple of months to get AOR, I think I will give up. Since my wife refuse by apply Visit Visa.
Please don't give up, believe me I know exactly how you feel. As if your life is put on hold because you and your spouse want to start and build a life together but I do believe a great change will come! It's taking a while but it will come! My husband and I have been married for nearly a year and it's hard but please don't give up.

Reactions: leitian

Shanekk

Nov 23, 2017
Hey my wife is also in China! I know how you feel. I haven't seen her for over 1 year now. My application was received on April 15th. we just received our file number and UCI number! your time is coming soon!!!

Reactions: rrss13 and Inryvr

Shanekk

Nov 23, 2017
Hey my wife is also in China! I know how you feel. I haven't seen her for over 1 year now. My application was received on April 15th. we just received our file number and UCI number! your time is coming soon!!!
But I have no idea when we will receive our AOR. I hope it will be soon.

FNguyen

Dec 8, 2020
Awesome! That makes me happy to know and congratulations to you both!

Reactions: Shanekk