+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Cultista

Mar 29, 2021
Hi all,

April 2, 2020 applicant here - after receiving a request to pay the RPR fee on March 8, 2021 - we finally got our CoPR today!!

Thank you to all those on the forum for being so ready to give advice and guidance on our journey.

Good luck to all those remaining- I hope your files are speedily approved ;)
Congrats!!!

did you pay the fee at the beginning of your app or when they requested it.

we deferred our payment and it’s been almost 7 weeks since SA/AIP and DM on ECAS. They sent the RPRF request together with AIP and nothing since then. The wait is getting real!

anybody knows if you pay the RPRF when requested (rather than the beginning) it causes a significant delay in finalizing the app?

thank you kindly

Reactions: J20190911

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
Right, I guess they would send DM and CoPR together for those whose decision is pending.
I got the pre-arrival services letter for my husband and it’s shows ‘decision made’ online for both ‘sponsor eligibility’ and ‘permanent residence’ on 31 March 2021. I don’t know if it’s approved or rejected. Also no COPR till date. Does anyone know how much time it will take? All the fees was paid when we submitted application.

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
Hi there,
Any updates after pre-arrival letter?
I called IRCC today, they said all the steps are completed and I should receive an email soon. She said it’s mostly approval( since all steps were seen ‘completed’). She said in a few days, but couldn’t give a proper timeline. I asked other people too, they said you get results in almost 1 year. So just waiting and hoping for the best.

sidamrit04

Mar 25, 2021
I called IRCC today, they said all the steps are completed and I should receive an email soon. She said it’s mostly approval( since all steps were seen ‘completed’). She said in a few days, but couldn’t give a proper timeline. I asked other people too, they said you get results in almost 1 year. So just waiting and hoping for the best.

How do we reach out to IRCC. What are the things that they require in the call? I applied via consultant therefore I wanted to check.

Thanks

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
How do we reach out to IRCC. What are the things that they require in the call? I applied via consultant therefore I wanted to check.

Thanks
Hey,
You can call them if you are in Canada at this number :1-888-242-2100. They would need to know the application number, UCI, and other things on the file such as your address, phone number, Email address on the file. I called on behalf of my husband. I could do that because I was the sponsor. We also applied through a consultant but you can call IRCC about your application anytime. The client(yourself) and the consultant both can call.
Let me know if you need more help.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
My sister-inlaw has DM and COPR approved today same time onine. So question is will she get her COPR and PR card in the mail as well?

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
DM Is seen online. Where did you see COPR approved? Bcoz for us , we saw DM online, then an email came to register for portal. We got COPR in the portal. Is she in Canada or outside?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DM Is seen online. Where did you see COPR approved? Bcoz for us , we saw DM online, then an email came to register for portal. We got COPR in the portal. Is she in Canada or outside?
on her Online Application status: under Document Status she has the following listed
Name: XXXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXX
Document: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
Document number TXXXXXXXXXX
Expiry date: 2022/01/31
Status updated date: 2021/04/16
Travel document number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Country of Issue: XXXXXXXXXX

She is in Canada. There is no Link to open a COPR document, I assume she will get it in the mail, much like her OWP. Approved online and gotten OWP in the mail. She hasn't gotten any email from ircc yet for a portal yet. This is what we see on her online application status.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Hey,
You can call them if you are in Canada at this number :1-888-242-2100. They would need to know the application number, UCI, and other things on the file such as your address, phone number, Email address on the file. I called on behalf of my husband. I could do that because I was the sponsor. We also applied through a consultant but you can call IRCC about your application anytime. The client(yourself) and the consultant both can call.
Let me know if you need more help.
Hi, I called the number from Canada last Tuesday.
The Machine message told "We can't transfer you to our agent ~~~", something like that and they hung up after the message.
When I called IRCC at the end of May, I talked with an agent, I had to wait for 30 minutes tho.
But this time I couldn't even wait. How were you transferred to an agent? Thanks.

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
Sometimes their office is closed and they can’t transfer calls. I’m in Calgary and I called at 2 pm, still they said it’s closed. I called again in morning. Just navigate through the options, select the type of application and then select ‘check status of your application’. An automated voice will tell you the status of application(you have to enter application number before that). After the automated message, it will give you an option to go back to previous menu or speak to an agent. Select the option ‘speak to agent’. They will tell you the wait time , but you can provide your number for a call back and hang up. They will call you after the wait time.

Reactions: screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Oh okay. Then maybe she will get in mail. For us we got email for portal and found a document in the portal.

Mind you, she has an secured online ircc account whereby you can see the details of the application. Her application was linked online to her ircc secure account through here,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

However I also signed in through a generic client application status website through here.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

The website only says decision made with no information given regarding approved COPR valid document as listed through ircc secure account.

Is this how you found out about your status of your application?

Last edited:

Singhdoll

Apr 8, 2021
Sometimes their office is closed and they can’t transfer calls. I’m in Calgary and I called at 2 pm, still they said it’s closed. I called again in morning. Just navigate through the options, select the type of application and then select ‘check status of your application’. An automated voice will tell you the status of application(you have to enter application number before that). After the automated message, it will give you an option to go back to previous menu or speak to an agent. Select the option ‘speak to agent’. They will tell you the wait time , but you can provide your number for a call back and hang up. They will call you after the wait time.