App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
hi everyone, yesterday I had my Oath ceremony finally. However, my daughter whos application in the same office (Mississauga) and who made test one month earlier than me still didn't have the invitation
Congratulation! I wonder whether your daughter and you have been in the same application?

Chukkystrat

Feb 28, 2021
Guys, I have a question. Please advise. Yesterday my Ecas showed that I am scheduled for the citizenship test between October 29 and November 18. However, I haven't received any email (checked spam folder, too) with instructions. Is this normal? When do they usually send the invitation email?
That's strange, you should have received a notification that your test has been scheduled. The test link is sent on the day your test should commence which in this situation is October 29th, 2021.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Guys, I have a question. Please advise. Yesterday my Ecas showed that I am scheduled for the citizenship test between October 29 and November 18. However, I haven't received any email (checked spam folder, too) with instructions. Is this normal? When do they usually send the invitation email?
I received mine less than 48 hours before the first day I was eligible to take the test. But you actually don't need the email. As of the first date you are eligible to take the test, the link at the bottom of this IRCC page should work for you: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
Has anyone here gone through an interview? I've been asked to appear for an online interview next week but I am outside Canada at the moment. Does anyone know what is asked in an interview, what docs I need to have, and if they allow to take the online interview from outside Canada?

I came across this post by someone who was approved to take it outside of Canada: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test-completed-waiting-for-next-steps.716627/post-9772621 but I'd like to gather some more information before I decide to request to take the interview from outside.

ekopark

Jan 24, 2015
Yellowknife, NT
NOC Code......
Oath started at 11am and oath invite was sent about 6 days before oath date.
Provide your timeline please
So I was scheduled for oath-taking on Oct 20, and did not receive any email at all! I called the call centre on Oct 18 and 19, and finally got the email less than 24 hours before my schedule, which was nerve wracking lol.

My tracker has been updated to completed today

April 9, 2020 - Application sent/received
September 16, 2020 - AOR
July 30, 2021 - Citizenship test
October 20, 2021 - Oath-taking
October 21, 2021 - Citizenship oath status has been updated to completed
October 26, 2021 - Your citizenship application status: closed.
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen

I'm hoping my certificate arrives soon, as I made plans to leave the country Nov 6 lol. Anyone know if you need a special reason to apply for urgent passport, or can you just do it as long as you pay the fees?

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Is there still anyone waiting for test invite? I sent my application on Apr 30th and delivered it on May 12th.

pasand

Oct 31, 2020
please reply!
for those of you who were asked to send copies of passport pages; was this communication also marked in your online account? I mean, did your application status tell anything about requesting your passport pages? I'm asking this because I'm worried about missing the email ...

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
No
But passport request are not applicable to everyone
please reply!
for those of you who were asked to send copies of passport pages; was this communication also marked in your online account? I mean, did your application status tell anything about requesting your passport pages? I'm asking this because I'm worried about missing the email ...

Reactions: pasand

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
My account was updated this morning. Oath for Nov. 3. No email yet.

Application Type:
Single
Physical Presence Days: Can't remember
Application Sent: April 15, 2020
Application Received: April 20, 2020
AOR: September 16, 2020
In Process: November 27, 2020
Fingerprint request: January 11, 2021
Fingerprint received: January 24, 2021
Citizenship Test Invite: April 14, 2021
Citizenship Test Written: April 18, 2021
Citizenship Result Updated: April 20, 2021
Processing Office: Saskatoon
Background Verification Completed: January 28, 2021
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions: Completed August 9, 2021
ECAS Decision Made: Noticed August 10, 2021
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress [updated on October 26, reflected on my account on Oct. 27] - Scheduled for Nov. 3

Last edited:

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
please reply!
I got no account notification. Email only.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
please reply!
Today I received email from IRCC for my citizenship test invite. Passport copies and stamp translations request is in the email attachment in the last section "Important Notice: Document Request". This request does not show in my account. Hope this helps.

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Health card
Driver’s license
Provincial ID are acceptable.
What province are you?
We are in Newfoundland. Unfortunately my wife doesn't drive or have a provincial Id. I was told it would take two weeks to get a Id and my wife's ceremony is in a few days. In Newfoundland we don't have a picture on our health card. My wife has her home country passport with a American visa for 10 years, that has a her picture on it, not sure if that would help. The only other thing would be her pr card.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
We are in Newfoundland. Unfortunately my wife doesn't drive or have a provincial Id. I was told it would take two weeks to get a Id and my wife's ceremony is in a few days. In Newfoundland we don't have a picture on our health card. My wife has her home country passport with a American visa for 10 years, that has a her picture on it, not sure if that would help. The only other thing would be her pr card.
Her PR card is an acceptable government ID.