Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi All,

Probably a repeated question but i just joined the Canada visa community so i would like to ask again. Has anyone's status of application said they started processing it on a certain Date? How long does it took to receive further communication after this status has been updated on the application?

I have this under my application status

1. We received your application for Canadian Citizenship(grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2020
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Oct 27, 2020
3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2020.
As far as I know, your next step is getting online test invite email (if you don’t get a Fingerprint request or additional document request). After you pass the test, the ecas will update to Decision Made and then you will receive Oath invite email.(ecas will not update for test invite but for additional documents there’s an update on ecas)

I have been checking threads from September 2019 onwards and it appears IRCC has no systematic way of sending Test invites. There are tons of people waiting on test invites those applied 6-7 months before you.

It can take a few weeks to a few months before you get your test invite.

RS1989

Dec 8, 2020
someone applied Dec.3 2020 online application re ceived their test invitation february 24th. Can ypu guys believe that?

srusht

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys has anyone received test invitation?
App. Received 21 April
Aor 15 September.
In process 30 November

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi guys has anyone received test invitation?
App. Received 21 April
Aor 15 September.
In process 30 November
Please provide the info below, and I can add you to the tracker

App. Type (Single or Family (no. of applicants))
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
This week (16-23 Feb) someone from Canada Border Services Agency viewed my LinkedIn profile. I have never applied for a gov't job and have read that others going through the citizenship process have received a similar notification so I am hoping this is a good sign :D

Chukkystrat

Feb 28, 2021
Hi all, this is an awesome platform. I just joined today and I have been reading lots of responses on the threads. Can I get access to the google doc for April application so I can update my status? Thank in advance.
  1. I sent my application on April 9th, 2020 to Sydney from Calgary.
  2. It was received for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 14, 2020.
  3. They sent me correspondence acknowledging receipt of my application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 1, 2020.
  4. They started processing my application on December 22, 2020.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Seems that people who applied online just 2 months ago in Dec have received invitation for the test!!!! They mentioned that they are not urgent!! What’s happening? Why they cannot simply process people who are waiting for a year first? We should start calling IRCC. This process dosen’t make sense!

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Seems that people who applied online just 2 months ago in Dec have received invitation for the test!!!! They mentioned that they are not urgent!! What’s happening? Why they cannot simply process people who are waiting for a year first? We should start calling IRCC. This process dosen’t make sense!
Is this online or paper applications? I am seeing online applications getting test invites in the online thread and although on a personal level it is super f'in annoying- I can kind of see why they would be getting processed quickly since it was a pilot project that started with 5000 (I think) applicant spaces. I would say this means there is dedicated team(s) working on the pilot project. The same thing happened when PR first went online.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Has anyone received a fingerprint letter?

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
I haven't heard anything back since my application went in process last December. God knows when will we hear back from CIC again!