+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi, so due to COVID Canada Post were not doing signature delivery. This has been the standard for many months now. Mine was also signature requested but I was forewarned at the post office that they would be asking anyone to sign so I also sent tracked to ensure it at least got to the right building.

Does your tracking info confirm delivery? Really that's all that matters at this point because they are nowhere near finished giving out AORS for April, in fact they are backlogged to January. Mine was delivered April 9 and I have no AOR. Many other people are in the same position. I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and she said absolutely to NOT send another application until it is very clear there is an issue with yours personally. Since many others are in the same position, I would not take it personally right now - there's no point. Wait it out a little longer until they start on April applications again. Right now they're on Round 2 of March so hopefully we will see an uptick in April apps being AOR's in November.
Thanks for information. Yeah i was bit lost for couple minutes . I just called canada post to open investigation if the case centre actually receive the package but not enter in the system . Hopefully something comes up and i dont really want to redo everything again .

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hi all, i sent my application on April 3 and delivered on April 14 and today i received response from immigration for my inquiry about my application. They said they are not available in the system yet and they said contact canada post which i used to mail my package . I checked on canada post and they said they delivered but no signature show (i do require signature upon deliver) so i assume this could be missed and i overlooked. I am so frustrated with canada post and now i have to redo it again and waste of my 6 months waiting nothing . I should have checked earlier and more cautious as April is the time pandemic hit and lot of delays and missing stuff was going on . I recommend we should send inquiry as soon as possible and need to worry about receive AOR late
There is 50-50 chances your application existing in their office shelf.

First, I guess you followed up with webform or calling directly to know your status of your application as you didn't rcvd your AOR yet.

Second, IRCC Agent first information will be available on their system, if this information is not there yet there is > 50% chances your application might be still not opened as we see the wave of February and March Applicants receiving AOR

Third, still 50% of April applicants yet to receive their AOR. you should be in the pool with them

Fourth, we need to know how IRCC will track our application ????.............. Because when you receive your AOR they will mention Application Received date. So they have a tracking system as soon as they receive our application they track it and may keep in the mail room ? I am nor sure

Fifth, be prepare for Fresh new application in worst scenario.

...There is a hope still till Mid of Number for your application ...Fingers Crossed

Reactions: Benlie

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi all, i sent my application on April 3 and delivered on April 14 and today i received response from immigration for my inquiry about my application. They said they are not available in the system yet and they said contact canada post which i used to mail my package . I checked on canada post and they said they delivered but no signature show (i do require signature upon deliver) so i assume this could be missed and i overlooked. I am so frustrated with canada post and now i have to redo it again and waste of my 6 months waiting nothing . I should have checked earlier and more cautious as April is the time pandemic hit and lot of delays and missing stuff was going on . I recommend we should send inquiry as soon as possible and need to worry about receive AOR late
The contact center will not have any details until your form is processed by the officer. The web form will also not provide any details. You will receive an AOR only after the officer checks your application form. AOR only means you have completed the form and your form is correct, but they can still ask you for further documents.

dmee3

Apr 20, 2020
My application arrived on April 14th, no AOR yet like many of you.

I submitted an IRCC WebForm to ask for status and to update some info ~2wks ago and here is what I got back today:

Good day {NAME},

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks or months before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

We invite you to contact the mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

Additionally, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to process your application as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Furthermore, since the application has not been entered in our system yet, we invite you to resubmit your updated information once the processing of the application starts. We will then be able to forward them to the responsible office.

vindhu

May 12, 2020
Hi Guys, My timeline is Location: Toronto | App Type: Single | Presence Days: 1219 | App Sent: 24-April-2020 | App Delivered: 30-April-2020 | AOR: ??? | ECAS In Progress: ??? | Test Letter: ??? | Test/Interview Date: ??? | ECAS Decision Made: ??? | Oath Letter Date: ??? | Oath Date: ??? any one from the same time Time I am happy to connect with them in watspp too

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hi Guys, My timeline is Location: Toronto | App Type: Single | Presence Days: 1219 | App Sent: 24-April-2020 | App Delivered: 30-April-2020 | AOR: ??? | ECAS In Progress: ??? | Test Letter: ??? | Test/Interview Date: ??? | ECAS Decision Made: ??? | Oath Letter Date: ??? | Oath Date: ??? any one from the same time Time I am happy to connect with them in watspp too
Not to worry still 45% in this thread yet to receive our AOR , currently Feb and March second wave is going on . We should see very soon next week I guess .

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
My application arrived on April 14th, no AOR yet like many of you.

I submitted an IRCC WebForm to ask for status and to update some info ~2wks ago and here is what I got back today:
I have same response as well. I am not sure how they track it . i called canada post and they are doing investigation but i can't proceed without contact information of immigration center in Sydney . The contact information is general line

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi guys, does anyone know contact information for Sydney center (email/or phone #)? Canada post is doing investigation for my application to check whether they receive or not so i try to find this info . Much appreciate for all your help

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hi guys, does anyone know contact information for Sydney center (email/or phone #)? Canada post is doing investigation for my application to check whether they receive or not so i try to find this info . Much appreciate for all your help
Did you send your package tracked? If you didn't there's actually no way for Canada Post to confirm delivery, it seems odd that CP are even asking for a tel # because as far as IRCC is concerned there is no difference between you calling about your application and Canada Post. You both will get the same answer. It would be very strange for IRCC to confirm anything with a 3rd party concerning applications also. I highly doubt they would ever give any info over for privacy reasons.

Also if you think about it, how would Canada Post and IRCC be able to co-ordinate which envelope is yours anyway? CP would call up and ask an employee at Sydney CPC to look through the mailroom for your envelope? That's incredibly odd if you think about it : "It's brown and has a white label on it? Here's a postal reference number..." land then just expect the Sydney CPC employee to look through 10,000s of envelopes and call them back?

If you do want to proceed with a CP investigation you should call the IRCC call centre and ask for a direct # to Sydney CPC though it is highly unlikely they would give it. There is no physical access to the building either so it's not like they have a public facing reception desk or anything like that where you could drop by.

I will say to you what I said to another user who thinks their application may be lost: IRCC are nowhere near finished giving out AORS for April, in fact they are backlogged to January. Mine was delivered April 9 and I have no AOR. Many other people are in the same position. I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and she said absolutely to NOT send another application until it is very clear there is an issue with yours personally. Since many others are in the same position, I would not take it personally right now - there's no point. Wait it out a little longer until they start on April applications again. Right now they're on Round 2 of March so hopefully we will see an uptick in April apps being AOR's in November.

Good luck, don't panic. These things take time and then more time on top of that because of the pandemic.

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Did you send your package tracked? If you didn't there's actually no way for Canada Post to confirm delivery, it seems odd that CP are even asking for a tel # because as far as IRCC is concerned there is no difference between you calling about your application and Canada Post. You both will get the same answer. It would be very strange for IRCC to confirm anything with a 3rd party concerning applications also. I highly doubt they would ever give any info over for privacy reasons.

Also if you think about it, how would Canada Post and IRCC be able to co-ordinate which envelope is yours anyway? CP would call up and ask an employee at Sydney CPC to look through the mailroom for your envelope? That's incredibly odd if you think about it : "It's brown and has a white label on it? Here's a postal reference number..." land then just expect the Sydney CPC employee to look through 10,000s of envelopes and call them back?

If you do want to proceed with a CP investigation you should call the IRCC call centre and ask for a direct # to Sydney CPC though it is highly unlikely they would give it. There is no physical access to the building either so it's not like they have a public facing reception desk or anything like that where you could drop by.

I will say to you what I said to another user who thinks their application may be lost: IRCC are nowhere near finished giving out AORS for April, in fact they are backlogged to January. Mine was delivered April 9 and I have no AOR. Many other people are in the same position. I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and she said absolutely to NOT send another application until it is very clear there is an issue with yours personally. Since many others are in the same position, I would not take it personally right now - there's no point. Wait it out a little longer until they start on April applications again. Right now they're on Round 2 of March so hopefully we will see an uptick in April apps being AOR's in November.

Good luck, don't panic. These things take time and then more time on top of that because of the pandemic.
I did have a track number and required signature but in april people can't do signature upon arrival so it said on CP website, my application was delivered but Sydney center received it or not is another story . I called CP and also doubted how Sydney center is going to confirm just for my package over hundreds of thousand paperwork to CP. The guy from CP asked me the phone number but i told him CIC won't give that info publicly so he left it blank I assume so today a message from CP said it won't proceed investigation without the contact info . i will try to give them general line of CIC and see how it goes . Thanks for the thought though and finger crossed they just haven't fully opened application for April yet as well as mine