+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I did have a track number and required signature but in april people can't do signature upon arrival so it said on CP website, my application was delivered but Sydney center received it or not is another story . I called CP and also doubted how Sydney center is going to confirm just for my package over hundreds of thousand paperwork to CP. The guy from CP asked me the phone number but i told him CIC won't give that info publicly so he left it blank I assume so today a message from CP said it won't proceed investigation without the contact info . i will try to give them general line of CIC and see how it goes . Thanks for the thought though and finger crossed they just haven't fully opened application for April yet as well as mine
If your tracking info says "delivered" then that is the most up to date info (aside from an AOR) that either CP or IRCC can give unfortunately.

Download your tracking confirmation or look on the CP website. Here's my confirmations.

Does yours say something different that alludes to it not actually being delivered?

IRCC for sure have not fully opened April. There are still applications from January 2020 not opened. I still don't have AOR and so I totally understand where you're coming from - a signature would have been great for peace of mind - but the fact remains that IRCC are drastically behind by months sadly so even with a signature it would not be a guarantee that you would have an AOR by now.

tt31tt

Dec 18, 2017
Hello April applicant brothers and sisters, today October 23 I got AOR from Citizenship Program (Grants) Case Processing Centre - Sydney via an email. My timeline as below,

Application sent on March 26 and delivered on April 1st.
Single applicant from Vancouver BC.

Good luck everyone!

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have finally received my AOR yesterday: October 23, 2020. Application received on April 3, 2020.
I updated my info on the April spreadsheet.
Best of luck to all of you!

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have finally received my AOR yesterday: October 23, 2020. Application received on April 3, 2020.
I updated my info on the April spreadsheet.
Best of luck to all of you!
congratulations , welcome to the club. Still ..more to join this club. Good luck everyone

Reactions: Imy2020

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
Hello y'all! My online status changed to "application received" but I have never received an email from IRCC. Does this mean my application is complete? Please advice thanks!

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hello y'all! My online status changed to "application received" but I have never received an email from IRCC. Does this mean my application is complete? Please advice thanks!
There are few folks who didn't receive. May be it got lost in the spam folder . As long as your status shows we received you are good to go .
Something like this below

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April XX, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October XX, 2020.