+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

shaadhvi27

Oct 19, 2020
Hello there!

My application was 'Delivered on April 29' but I haven't received anything from CIC yet. Is the AOR received via email?

Thank you!

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hello there!

My application was 'Delivered on April 29' but I haven't received anything from CIC yet. Is the AOR received via email?

Thank you!
Hello, yes AORs come via email. Don't worry if you haven't received anything yet, there is a backlog currently. I am also an April applicant with no AOR, keep watching your inbox and don't forget to check your spam. :)

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi all, i sent my application on April 3 and delivered on April 14 and today i received response from immigration for my inquiry about my application. They said they are not available in the system yet and they said contact canada post which i used to mail my package . I checked on canada post and they said they delivered but no signature show (i do require signature upon deliver) so i assume this could be missed and i overlooked. I am so frustrated with canada post and now i have to redo it again and waste of my 6 months waiting nothing . I should have checked earlier and more cautious as April is the time pandemic hit and lot of delays and missing stuff was going on . I recommend we should send inquiry as soon as possible and need to worry about receive AOR late

Reactions: niazche

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
btw does anyone receive signature for their package when they got delivered ? i sent to this address below :

CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Thanks

Reactions: niazche

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Hi all, i sent my application on April 3 and delivered on April 14 and today i received response from immigration for my inquiry about my application. They said they are not available in the system yet and they said contact canada post which i used to mail my package . I checked on canada post and they said they delivered but no signature show (i do require signature upon deliver) so i assume this could be missed and i overlooked. I am so frustrated with canada post and now i have to redo it again and waste of my 6 months waiting nothing . I should have checked earlier and more cautious as April is the time pandemic hit and lot of delays and missing stuff was going on . I recommend we should send inquiry as soon as possible and need to worry about receive AOR late
Don't just assume your application is lost. Most of the remaining March applicants are getting their AORs now. So, we should all be receiving our's very soon. Wait another couple of weeks and then you can decide what to do next from there.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hi, so due to COVID Canada Post were not doing signature delivery. This has been the standard for many months now. Mine was also signature requested but I was forewarned at the post office that they would be asking anyone to sign so I also sent tracked to ensure it at least got to the right building.

Does your tracking info confirm delivery? Really that's all that matters at this point because they are nowhere near finished giving out AORS for April, in fact they are backlogged to January. Mine was delivered April 9 and I have no AOR. Many other people are in the same position. I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and she said absolutely to NOT send another application until it is very clear there is an issue with yours personally. Since many others are in the same position, I would not take it personally right now - there's no point. Wait it out a little longer until they start on April applications again. Right now they're on Round 2 of March so hopefully we will see an uptick in April apps being AOR's in November.