15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Hi All,
I am not sure if I am eligible for the citizenship or not, Could someone guide pls:
After landing I stayed outside Canada for 2 years and 11 months before I return to Canada for good. Since then I am in Canada and when my PR expired I renewed it. My 1095 days are completed on 5 May 2020. Am I eligible for citizenship or someone needs to stay 3 years continuously?

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi All,
I am not sure if I am eligible for the citizenship or not, Could someone guide pls:
After landing I stayed outside Canada for 2 years and 11 months before I return to Canada for good. Since then I am in Canada and when my PR expired I renewed it. My 1095 days are completed on 5 May 2020. Am I eligible for citizenship or someone needs to stay 3 years continuously?
Yes as long as you have met the 1095 days then you should be good.

Reactions: jamy and bago4c

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear all,
Am going to send complete package of citizenship application along with my spouse and kids soon.
I have a query, in case if any of thevapplication is incomplete. Eventhough rest of the family have complete docs along with my spouse.
Does IRCC return complete package or only application of the individual whose application is incomplete?

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
I wrote just N/A

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hi guys! Can you please add my info? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Application Sent: April 8, 2020
Application Received: April 14, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1110 days

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hello All,
Hope everyone is keeping safe in these trying times!!
A newbie here, I'd sent out my single citizenship application on March 30 and it was received on April 3. I believe it is too early to presume an AOR- however, what could be an assumed timeline for receiving an AOR notification amidst the current Covid-19 crisis?
Also, I moved to a new address, in the same city after sending the application and I read on their website that I need to inform them of any changes, including address change but I cannot seem to do that as I do not have any case number yet? Am I missing out on anything here? Can I change my address before getting an AOR? if yes, can someone be kind enough to let me know the process?

Thanks in advance.
Digvijay
You'll have to wait until you have an application number to change your address. They'll usually send AOR to you via email (if provided) or regular mail. If you know the person living in your former place, you may try asking them to notify you if they get any of your mails, at least until you can change your address. There's no timeline for anything now due to the pandemic. You'll get AOR when you get it.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Dear all,
Am going to send complete package of citizenship application along with my spouse and kids soon.
I have a query, in case if any of thevapplication is incomplete. Eventhough rest of the family have complete docs along with my spouse.
Does IRCC return complete package or only application of the individual whose application is incomplete?
I'm quoting this directly from IRCC's website:

You and your family can apply for citizenship together by including your applications in one envelope. Your applications will be processed together. If one or more of the applications are missing necessary information or documents, all of the applications in the envelope will be returned.

Reactions: arsal385

saman2020

Feb 16, 2020
Need help: Does anyone know when will the ceremony strats ? how much longer it takes to reopen? they can still serve people with respect to social distancing . my ceremony canceled before

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and want to get a clarity to the below query. Can you please anyone provide some inputs on this.

I was holding workpermit (Intra company transfer(ICT) till 2017 and then I got a PR. It is noticed in the application that I about to mention the status of resident in last 5 years eligibility period and there are 4 options given in the application form:CIT00022.

I want to know whether this ICT workpermit refers to the worker status or Temporary resident permit holder status?

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and want to get a clarity to the below query. Can you please anyone provide some inputs on this.

I was holding workpermit (Intra company transfer(ICT) till 2017 and then I got a PR. It is noticed in the application that I about to mention the status of resident in last 5 years eligibility period and there are 4 options given in the application form:CIT00022.

I want to know whether this ICT workpermit refers to the worker status or Temporary resident permit holder status?
It's difficult to tell what you're trying to describe here, but I'll ask this, before you got your PR, were you working full-time and did your immigration status permit fulltime employment? If your answer is yes, then you were most likely on worker permit.

Jan 12, 2020
It's difficult to tell what you're trying to describe here, but I'll ask this, before you got your PR, were you working full-time and did your immigration status permit fulltime employment? If your answer is yes, then you were most likely on worker permit.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply. Yes. I was in the workpermit. In the application form:cit0002-e, the below details are provided.

Temporary resident status indicates lawful authorization to enter or remain in Canada as a:

1. Visitor 2. Student 3. Worker 4. Temporary resident permit holder

Which option I need to select.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Thank you for your reply. Yes. I was in the workpermit. In the application form:cit0002-e, the below details are provided.

Temporary resident status indicates lawful authorization to enter or remain in Canada as a:

[/QUOTE]
worker will be my choice

Reactions: cacitizenshipalks
Jan 12, 2020

worker will be my choice
[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Admin,

Could you please add my info to the excel sheet?

Thanks & Regards,

alpha2012tr

-------------------------------------------------------
Application Sent: April 22, 2020
Application Received: April 24, 2020
Type of application: Family - 1 Adult, 3 kids
Physical presence: 1097.5 days
-------------------------------------------------------

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Sent mine April 7th. Was received April 14th.

Last edited: