+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hey All, hope everyone is doing well and staying safe...

Question, Is IRCC/CIC working on applications submitted? or should I wait to send my file?

Also, has anyone faced any issues with the date calculator from CIC? It is not calculating correctly for me, and missing a lot of days. Is there a way to rectify this?

Kindly let me know what you guys think?

Thanks!
IRCC is still receiving citizenship applications. Since they're currently working with essential staff only, I expect applications will take longer to be processed. For instance, some January applicants are still awaiting AOR. Read here for IRCC's update on citizenship applications: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

I haven't had any problems with the calculator. It's difficult to know what kind of issues you're having with it without seeing what you're doing. I suggest opening another account to try it again from the beginning.

Hope this helps.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Thank you for creating this thread.

I am preparing my application. Which way it is better to send our application, by Canada Post or by courier, such as UPS or FedEX? I read in other threads that sometimes they don't receive the application package and people need to send them again after 5-6 months.
You can use either; just be sure to get tracking number for your package. If you're using Canada Post, use an Express envelope--they're more expensive but at least you can track when and where your application was delivered.

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Hello,
1.If i have completed 3 years in canada but my kid 3 years old have completed 1.5 years in canada , can i still apply for him with me at the same time or he has to complete 3 years in canada to apply ??
2.Is ielts test required while applying for citizenship or how to prove language profieciency ??

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Every individual has to meet the requirements separately. You can either wait for your kids to meet the requirements and apply together or apply separately.

2. IELTS is not required if you have another way of showing you are proficient in English, e.g. You finished from a Canadian university where the language of instruction is English or any other university/college in the world. Your Diploma/Certificate/Transcript/Parchment has to show that the language of instruction was English.
Ok , thanks for your reply ,I thought minors under 18 can apply as long one of the parents has citizenship.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just now sent my application via Xpress post.
mention the address on which you can show proofs like utility bills, bank statements, rental receipts in case officer raised a query on your address
Hello
Suppose if I move out of Canada after applying for citizenship, and provide the friend's address for communication, also during the application the same address of the friend, will that be an issue.

PS-Currently I'm living in XX address which is shared with friends, suppose if I move out of the country for longer periods and provide the XX address, will that be an issue? Please comment.

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hello Guys, first of off, I hope everybody is doing ok and staying safe at home.

I am also planning to send my citizenship application in April.

Unfortunately, I could not take my photos. All photo places are closed including Costco, Shoppers, etc.

I am livinig in Toronto, ON.

Do you have any advice? How can I get my photos? I know photos have to be fresh, not older than 6 months.

That is why I have to take new ones.

Please let me know If you guys have a solution for it.

thanks,

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hello Guys, first of off, I hope everybody is doing ok and staying safe at home.

Unfortunately, I could not take my photos. All photo places are closed including Costco, Shoppers, etc.

Do you have any advice? How can I get my photos? I know photos have to be fresh, not older than 6 months.

thanks,
Try Staples

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
hi every body can any one tell what shall i do in quetion 5, cit0002e-2 form, i have only one name which is at birth, shall i rewrite it in the table of quetion 5 or leave it empty, because in the help says (if you have used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant citizenship application
Old copies will do.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015

thanks,
There must be many stores offering in downtown, Google them

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
thank you guys @masood8 & @excitedme for replying to my questions.

I will try Staples and other stores as well one more time.

As fas as I know, the government asked all small businesses who don't do any essential work to be closed.
That's why there are many stores closed.

Who knows, maybe Staple has some exceptions. I will check it out today.

regards,

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Just talked with staples customer service on the phone, their stores are closed for any customers only online shopping available. thanks.

dmee3

Apr 20, 2020

thanks,
I took mine in London Drugs in Vancouver with no issues.

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Sent my wife's application:

Application Sent: April 02
Application Received: April 08
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1265 days

Could someone please add it to spreadsheet,

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Hi everyone, two questions:
1- Are there still photo studios open in Toronto that take citizenship photos?
2- Is there a problem if I didn't file taxes for 2019? I suppose not but just making sure if it has an impact.

The website says "you must have filed income taxes for any three taxation years that are fully or partially within the five years before you apply"

Is this period "2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019" or "2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020"?