24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
This is wrong information. To apply for citizenship, you need the following:

1. Satisfied the residency days/physical presence requirements for citizenship.
2. Satisfied the conditions to maintain PR. (Residency days conditions)
3. Have an address in canada (Non PO box address)
4. No criminal proceedings

The user quoted is referring to the condition for counting residence days outside Canada to meet physical presence requirements for citizenship. Ex: If i lived in Canada for 3 years as a PR and moved to India, I am eligible to apply for citizenship. If I can collect the documents for citizenship applications, have an address in Canada and can fedex them to CIC, i can kick start the process for citizenship application. Now, I have to be in Canada for oath and citizenship ceremony.

Hi

1. The Reference is here:

RESIDENCE OUTSIDE CANADA
FOR ADULT CITIZENSHIP APPLICANTS DECLARING RESIDENCE OUTSIDE
CANADA AS A CROWN SERVANT OR WITH A CROWN SERVANT FAMILY MEMBER
(SPOUSE, COMMON-LAW PARTNER OR PARENT)

jamin3244

Apr 13, 2020
hi, need guidance on Q. 11 (5 year eligibility period).

I was out of Canada for 40 days after landing.

Do i need to mention this period in Q. 11. Although i was taking online classes at University in Canada during that period.

Plz suggest.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hi, need guidance on Q. 11 (5 year eligibility period).

I was out of Canada for 40 days after landing.

Do i need to mention this period in Q. 11. Although i was taking online classes at University in Canada during that period.

Plz suggest.
1. Yes, as you require "physical presence" in Canada for the time to count.

michaesong

Apr 13, 2020
No any updates from March 15, do not know when our cases can be processed. Hope the Covid19 will be controlled soon.

michaesong

Apr 13, 2020
It looks like citizenship and immigration officers do not work during Covid19, is there anybody know whether they work or not?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear all,

Regarding question 12 (b) filing your income tax in the last 5 years

I landed in Canada as a PR in April 2017, Therefore I believe I did not require to file taxes for years 2015 and 2016.

So please advise if the below answer is correct based on my circumstances?

Year Required to file Taxes filed
2019 Yes Yes
2018 Yes Yes
2017 Yes Yes
2016 No No
2015 No No

Many thanks

RHCP

Apr 14, 2020
Yes you have to list all names including name at birth. Refer Citizenship guide for more info.
hi there, I forgot to include my official name for Q5. Should I contact them to update my file? I haven't received the AOR. thanks for you help in advance.

michaesong

Apr 13, 2020
hi there, I forgot to include my official name for Q5. Should I contact them to update my file? I haven't received the AOR. thanks for you help in advance.
Based on the following explanation, if you did not change your name, you should not need to fill it. Right?

We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married name, nick names or any other names you have used.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
hello April 2020 Folks,
I am planning to submit my application on Apr 25th. Just wondering how did you guys get school reference letter for kids. Schools are closed in waterloo , ON.
Thanks,
Vinay

srusht

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
hi every body can any one tell what shall i do in quetion 5, cit0002e-2 form, i have only one name which is at birth, shall i rewrite it in the table of quetion 5 or leave it empty, because in the help says (if you have used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant citizenship application