+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Don’t worry, it is very normal for CIC to skip thru some applications and move on to the next ones as they like.
The applicants from Jan, Feb and March are still receiving their AORs, so stay patient, sooner or later you will get your AOR.
A few people also called IRCC to get an update, and all they say is they’re still processing February 2020 applications.
Thanks Radium, Just few mins back I recived my AOR email, Application package sent on March 30, Received by CIC on 3rd April

Reactions: Radium

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Elmas, thanks for the reply , just the update just now I received the AOR email , I applied for family of 4 but just received one not sure if they send individually or just one per family , I sent all in one package.
Application sent on March 30, Recieved on 3rd April, sent from Toronto
Congrats! I received mine this week too - family of 3 and all emails received within a couple of minutes of each other.

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hi Guys , just happy to update that I received AOR emails for all 4 in the family , they just came in the matter of 15 mins gaps, so please ignore my earlier reply saying only one AOR email, recived
My Details:
Application sent : March 30th
Application received by CIC: April 3rd
AOR mail recived : Sep 17th
Applied from Toronto, Canada
Hope it helps.. thanks and I wish all the good luck for everyone who are waiting for AOR.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
How long does it generally take us to get a response when we write them through the web form? When I tracked our application status in ECAS, our home address was correct but an old address was showing up for the kids' mail address. (Not sure how or why.) I tried using the "update address" link, but it didn't work, so I had to use the web form. How long do you think it will take them to get back? It shouldn't be that crucial at this point, but just wanted to make sure everything is taken care of.

dolphus1988

Aug 14, 2020
Gradual resumption of in-person services
Ottawa, September 17, 2020 — At the onset of the pandemic, IRCC moved quickly to put operational safeguards in place to protect the health and safety of our staff and those using our services. Over the past few months, IRCC has taken steps to provide virtual services where possible, but there have still been significant disruptions in our services.
For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
This testing phase will allow us to assess our protocols and procedures, and ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. The lessons learned will help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Please note that services are currently by appointment only. You do not need to reach out to IRCC offices for these services, as we will be reaching out to clients to schedule appointments.
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:
Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.
Permanent residence:
  • IRCC offices in Etobicoke and Montréal are reopening for permanent residence-related services. Clients who require a permanent resident card (PR card) pick up or permanent residence determination (interview to determine the client’s status) will be contacted by email to schedule an appointment.
Asylum:
  • IRCC offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls are reopening for limited asylum-related services.
  • IRCC will schedule appointments via epost with clients who need to collect or submit documents, provide their biometric information, or come in for an interview.
  • If this pilot goes well, IRCC offices in Vancouver (Hornby), Montréal, and Etobicoke will open in the future to provide these services.
IRCC will contact clients to book appointments based on their file status, location in Canada and other factors. Client selection is largely based on the date of the client’s application.
Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed to come into an IRCC office.
Biometrics:

• If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can.
This is a limited service. You should not go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer has called you and booked a biometrics appointment for you.
For more information, including what to do if your contact information has changed or an authorized representative applied on your behalf, please visit our website.
Your health and safety remain our priority, and measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients at IRCC facilities:
  • Clients will be asked to complete a Health Canada self-assessment questionnaire before coming in for an appointment.
  • Upon arrival, clients will be asked the same questions to determine if they can enter IRCC premises.
  • All employees and clients will be required to wear masks, maintain social distance and follow signs directing the flow of foot traffic.
  • Clients will be asked to reschedule their appointment if they appear ill.
IRCC will continue to follow guidelines and recommendations set by the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial and local public health authorities. The department will also monitor the offices where in-person services are offered to help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
They've started on May. First person reporting in the May thread (non urgent). Daaaamn, not what I was hoping to see. No AOR here yet - delivered Apr 09.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
They've started on May. First person reporting in the May thread (non urgent). Daaaamn, not what I was hoping to see. No AOR here yet - delivered Apr 09.
This was the case for Jan, Feb And Mar. 50% people receive AORs right away and then they move to next month for the rest of 50% of previous month to wait and twiddle their thumbs in anticipation. Seems like they are continuing to do this for the rest of the months.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Right after i asked the May thread, if someone got their AOR, and someone there really got AOR in a few hours time lol
It’s very unprofessional of IRCC to completely ignore April and earlier months and move on to May. But nothing new for IRCC, they’re notorious of being doing this regularly. Hope everyone waiting for AOR gets it sooner than later

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Thanks Radium, Just few mins back I recived my AOR email, Application package sent on March 30, Received by CIC on 3rd April
Congrats Anand99
Time for you to relax and soon your ecas will be updated to in-processing. At least 2-3 weeks.

mahdiaryafar

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Iran
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 05, 2015
AOR Received.
August 06, 2015
Hey All,

My wife sent her application on April 22nd and was delivered on April 28th. She received her AOR yesterday.

Reactions: supercake and EUK

mahdiaryafar

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Iran
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 05, 2015
AOR Received.
August 06, 2015
I was never added in the list, so it would be great if someone could add my name.

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
WTF out of 3 who got AOR non of thems detail is added on the teacking sheet.

Any how congratulations.

Last edited: