+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Quick question for those with AORS in April. Did you guys put the delivery address as below without "Citizenship Grants" included and have received AOR? The checklist is missing "Citizenship Grants" in the address while everywhere else now it is included. Trying to figure out if delays in AOR are associated with those if "Citizenship Grants" is not included in the address.

Case Processing Centre – Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Hi,
I got my AOR. I wrote the address exactly as you wrote it above - without "Citizenship Grants". Hope this helps.
Cheers!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Congrats.. Your application was under Normal or Urgent Processing Category.
CIC is known nowadays for jumping quickly without finishing the applications that are delivered before.;)
Assuming that they will get over May month in 1-2 weeks starting next week as they jumped from month beginning(Apr) till end of the month in a week.:)

• Haha
Reactions: manu.yoganand

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
No one can help. Send a fresh copy of new application as it will be returned for sure. Dont waste time.
Also you are late in asking on it after 4 months.

Is the Academic one looks similar to General one? Wondering why confusion happens.
Thanks guys for prompt reply.
Question: what happens with the payment, am I going to pay again or should I attach the receipt of the previous payment?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks guys for prompt reply.
Question: what happens with the payment, am I going to pay again or should I attach the receipt of the previous payment?
Same receipt copy. No new payment.

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Unfortunately this is what has been observed recently.. That's is the top reason for an application to return.. Submitting acedemic ielts instead of general.
Thanks for prompt reply.
I would like to ask if I will need to pay all over again? Should I refile immediately without waiting for a return of the earlier application? Should I attach rhe receipt of previous payment in the new application if I can file right away?
Kindly help with some answers on the way forward.
Please and thank you

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ugh, still no AOR. it's really frustrating.
only me and another Apri 06 folk are waiting for the AOR.
IRCC's operations are mystery.
Mine was received on April 9th and I am still waiting. So frustrating! You really start doubting everything you put into that envelope and where you sent it. More than 5 months of complete silence is just painful. Especially when seeing people who applied later receive their AORs.
And the week is almost over...

Reactions: Masplong

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Mine was received on April 9th and I am still waiting. So frustrating! You really start doubting everything you put into that envelope and where you sent it. More than 5 months of complete silence is just painful. Especially when seeing people who applied later receive their AORs.
Welcome to the world of Jan, Feb and March applicants who are still waiting for AOR for more than 5 months! This is what IRCC does to every single month, send 1/2 AORs and move on to the next month.

Reactions: lauraDz

RHCP

Apr 14, 2020
Exactly. I checked the application form and checklist several times.
I called them yesterday and received the same old answer: still processing Jan and Feb applications.
No transparency at all.

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly. I checked the application form and checklist several times.
I called them yesterday and received the same old answer: still processing Jan and Feb applications.
No transparency at all.
Yes. This is not Canadian at all. Against all Canadian principles I learnt here.
I am happy for those who applied later and are getting their AORs now (they've waited long enough too) and I feel for those from Jan, Feb and March who are still waiting. This is not the pain olympics - we are all suffering (at least those for whom Canadian citizenship is a long-awaited dream)
I don't know why this is happening, what they are thinking and what can be done, but personally I am planning to reach out to my MP next week if I don't receive AOR tomorrow.

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Mine was delivered on April 6. Still waiting. Not sure if the city we send it from has an impact on processing..
Hi Elmas, thanks for the reply , just the update just now I received the AOR email , I applied for family of 4 but just received one not sure if they send individually or just one per family , I sent all in one package.
Application sent on March 30, Recieved on 3rd April, sent from Toronto