+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
I can feel ur pain
Call the center and ask the agent if your medical has extended and when did that happen
Once the medical extended officer is going to finalize ur application
I think you are almost there
For me it took 16 months and 5days
I cannot forget how ircc has been brutal to 2020 applicants
Not in my case. According to the GCMS notes I recently received they extended my medical in April 2021 as they expired at the end of March 2021 and I haven't received any update after that. Based on the GCMS notes, my Criminality is In Progress and Security hasn't even started. RCMP check and Biometrics both have been passed but not reviewed yet. The same applies to the US related are waiting to be reviewed/assessed by the IRCC officer since October 2020.

Based on the note by the officer regarding medical extension in my GCMS notes, I do not think they have any way or they are using anyway to distinguish between Inland and Outland as his wording on the note is as follows:

"Reassessment has been granted and a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months has been issued in GCMS. Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. Please pick-up this IME number again in order to update the medical validity on the application"

The use of the term "not land" is what makes me believe that they have no distinction of Inland or Outland for the FSW applications because if the officer was aware of that they'd probably not have mentioned landing, as that is not required for Inland applicants. It is possible that they just used a generic statement here but that is just my opinion.

nitin1304

Mar 12, 2020
Not in my case. According to the GCMS notes I recently received they extended my medical in April 2021 as they expired at the end of March 2021 and I haven't received any update after that. Based on the GCMS notes, my Criminality is In Progress and Security hasn't even started. RCMP check and Biometrics both have been passed but not reviewed yet. The same applies to the US related are waiting to be reviewed/assessed by the IRCC officer since October 2020.

Based on the note by the officer regarding medical extension in my GCMS notes, I do not think they have any way or they are using anyway to distinguish between Inland and Outland as his wording on the note is as follows:

"Reassessment has been granted and a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months has been issued in GCMS. Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. Please pick-up this IME number again in order to update the medical validity on the application"

The use of the term "not land" is what makes me believe that they have no distinction of Inland or Outland for the FSW applications because if the officer was aware of that they'd probably not have mentioned landing, as that is not required for Inland applicants. It is possible that they just used a generic statement here but that is just my opinion.
Even i had those words on my GCMS. However, I am confused. How are they extending the medicals of people who are inside Canada?

AhmedMky

Apr 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-01-2020
Med's Done....
20-06-2020
I live in Toronto on a tourist visa and have been waiting for my PR for 15 months. I wanted to travel to the US to get a change of scenery for a bit. Does anybody know what effects it would have on my PR application?

I called CBSA yesterday and they said that it might delay my application. Is this true? I can’t do like a 2 week US road trip?

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
I live in Toronto on a tourist visa and have been waiting for my PR for 15 months. I wanted to travel to the US to get a change of scenery for a bit. Does anybody know what effects it would have on my PR application?

I called CBSA yesterday and they said that it might delay my application. Is this true? I can’t do like a 2 week US road trip?
Based on what I have understood so far, prior to or upon the approval of your application, you'd have to confirm your residency in Canada and the address on file. This is usually done over a call from an officer and/or through the portal. After the approval, your current status in Canada will expire and your status will change to a Permanent Resident. If you are not in Canada at that time, since your status will expire, you will need to apply for a new travel document in order to enter back and upon reentry, your status will change to a Permanent Resident.

I don't know if there is any way for you to respond to that residence and address confirmation later or not. You can notify IRCC about this trip via a web form but I don't know if that will have any impact on the timeline of your application.

Reactions: AhmedMky

AhmedMky

Apr 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-01-2020
Med's Done....
20-06-2020
Based on what I have understood so far, prior to or upon the approval of your application, you'd have to confirm your residency in Canada and the address on file. This is usually done over a call from an officer and/or through the portal. After the approval, your current status in Canada will expire and your status will change to a Permanent Resident. If you are not in Canada at that time, since your status will expire, you will need to apply for a new travel document in order to enter back and upon reentry, your status will change to a Permanent Resident.

I don't know if there is any way for you to respond to that residence and address confirmation later or not. You can notify IRCC about this trip via a web form but I don't know if that will have any impact on the timeline of your application.
Thank for sharing this info! I think it might be different if you are entering the country by private vehicle. I don't know if your need the PR card or PRTD if re-entering by private vehicle. But maybe I should just wait till copr then and call IRCC to confirm if I can leave by car.

Reactions: Hamidishfaq