+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
I thought the same when they said back in january that they were working on august applications. The next update was that may 10-may 16 one but it wasn't clear if they'd been working backwards from august to may in the meantime.

but seeing as how they are now saying may17, i'm guessing they just jumped back 3 months and are working down the backlog instead of reverse order.

that's a pure guess though, I have no real data to back that up other than the above. My AOR is may 2nd, and despite it appearing like they're working down from May 10th to the present, they have suddenly started taking steps on my file after months of nothing. So I think the reality is that there's a lot more nuance to their processing procedures than the simple statements they are publicly sharing.
Well, I assume you're correct too because we still see June/July/Aug AORs applicants getting approved on a daily basis. Their system is so unfair, but what else can we do? Do webforms/calling help in these scenarios?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Well, I assume you're correct too because we still see June/July/Aug AORs applicants getting approved on a daily basis. Their system is so unfair, but what else can we do? Do webforms/calling help in these scenarios?
it sure does feel so incredibly unfair. I'm really happy and relieved for people with later AORs and more complex cases and dependent scenarios etc getting some movement on their files. It feels good that at least some of us are getting processed. But it still is so hard when your own file is totally not moving and the lack of information as to why makes it feel so much worse. I know I'd be a lot less stressed if they were this random but at least admitted transparently that it's not straightforward. Even if they shared no specifics.

And now I get to be a bit happy for myself too, but every inch forward feels good for a second but it's still then the same ambiguity of when will the next thing happen.

We're all calling, sending webforms, getting GCMS, contacting MPs, but I don't think any of those actually impact the processing. Certainly not directly, but I think occasionally there's a coincidence that feels like it had an impact.

xmanprash

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon , First of all thanks a lot for sharing knowledge and helping everyone with their queries.
Could you please help me with below query for my GCMS notes.

I recently got my GCMS notes and I noticed that they have not mentioned anything in front of Security.
Does that mean that it's not started yet?

Before getting notes I also had a call with IRCC agent and she mentioned that everything is passed and application is waiting for final decision.

I am little confused here, could you please help me understand what this means?

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Not Started
Final:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , First of all thanks a lot for sharing knowledge and helping everyone with their queries.

I recently got my GCMS notes and I noticed that they have not mentioned anything in front of Security.

Before getting notes I also had a call with IRCC agent and she mentioned that everything is passed and application is waiting for final decision.

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Final:
When security is blank, that means it is redacted and on the top right corner of the page you will see s16 or 15, i.e. the section under which it has been redacted.

When security os blank it means it is either in progress or passed. Security in the GCMS notes is always blank if it is in progress or passed. Only in CBSA notes the security is shown as in progress.

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: xmanprash

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Final:
Security when completed (or when in progress) will be redacted in GCMS from IRCC. If you had obtained GCMS from CBSA the only time they redact Security is when it's completed.

See this example of when its in progress in GCMS from CBSA

Reactions: xmanprash

Harley18

Dec 26, 2020
Have ANY 2020 (any month) express entry inland applications that that are NOT CEC been approved yet?

I know the focus is on CEC, but has there been any inland FSW/FST/PNP EE applications been approved recently?

Thanks

Reactions: nousername2020

ee.cec1981

Nov 4, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-April-2020
Hi All,
Any idea how long it takes to get reply from Etobicoke Office. My file is sent for final approval. but haven't received any update from Etobicoke office.

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
@legalfalcon I have a question, maybe you can help us. I'm the principal applicant CEC inland from 28 April/2020 with my daughter (a minor dependent) living outside of Canada. We are stuck on Criminality for a long time. Do you think they are holding it because of the dependent outside?

I was reading the travel restrictions, and I couldn't find any reason she can't come to Canada with a coPr because she is a minor dependent. I was wondering if we bring her, it will push the application. Advise us, please.

Last edited:

Sohi88

Nov 14, 2020
I called today agent said to me that u r file is Ottawa vo. But last week it was at Sydney Nova scotia. They send my file????

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question, maybe you can help us. I'm the principal applicant CEC inland from 28 April/2020 with my daughter (a minor dependent) living outside of Canada. We are stuck on Criminality for a long time. Do you think they are holding it because of the dependent outside?

I was reading the travel restrictions, and I couldn't find any reason she can't come to Canada with a coPr because she is a minor dependent. I was wondering if we bring her, it will push the application. Advise us, please.
If your criminality is pending that can be due to a few reasons, missing biometrics, not having a report back from RCMP, or it nor being updated. Also, for some inland applicants IRCC can ask for RCMP PCC and the criminality will continue to be pending until one is provided.

Only after al stages of an application are passed, will a final decision on your application be made and then factors such a inland and outland dependents will be factor in how the COPR is issued.

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Hey everyone! I finally got my COPR, below is my exact timeline:

AOR April 9th 2020
CEC Inland - single applicant - no dependents
Biometrics exempt Oct 20th 2020
Background Check passed Feb 10th 2020
Approved on CIC website with no COPR document March 5th 2021
COPR received March 15th 2021 (CoPR took 10 days to arrive from Etobicoke office)

Meanwhile, I still have not received the biometrics Fee Refund. I am planning to include a LOE to process the refund when I mail it to Etobicoke office with the photo for the PR card. Do you think that's a good idea?

Hang in there guys! The processing timeline on CIC is just a smokescreen. They say they are processing May applicants but I still think they are doing all applicants around that date randomly. Good luck everyone!!