+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi everybody,
Sucks we're all waiting much longer than what we expected to wait! My AOR is April 2nd, last update was Biometrics on Oct 14th but since then radio silence. I started the process as CEC inland, but I have a question:

If I leave Canada for the holidays and I receive the approval email, what happens if I tell them I'm _not_ in Canada at the moment (via the new PR portal thingy)? Anyone had that experience yet?

And a follow-up would be:
- Do I lose my current status only upon having the COPR (so after I get verified on the platform) or immediately once my application says 'approved'?

Thank you so much folks, you've been of great help so far.

Stay strong, this sucks but we're not alone!

Edit:
I found, after looking for hours (and overlooking this detail, I might add, since I _have_ read this page like tons of times!):
`You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.`

In my case I am exempt from the travel restrictions because I am a foreign worker (valid eTA +work permit until July 2021). The only thing would be that if I am issued the COPR directly then I know I lose that status and would have to go with a Permanent Resident Travel Document.

Hope it helps anyone in this situation a little bit, but still interested in hearing answers from people to the questions I asked previously.
Not sure if that helps since you found the answer, but the COPR says if you are currently outside Canada, you need to apply for a PR Travel Document before coming back to Canada.

kay2020

May 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I am just wondering if it is just me that anytime I call IRCC +1 8882422100, they say they currently have a high number of calls and cant transfer me to an agent. Even if I can as early as 9 am. Am I calling the wrong number or any tip on how to contact them on calls?

For all my webforms request I get generic answers

Thank you

sz1995

Nov 30, 2020
sz1995, chan1993;

Hi Folks, any updates? I am still waiting for IRCC to send my profile link. It has been 3 business days since the email was sent.
It took an hour for them to create my profile. I got my COPR the next day of confirming i am in Canada. They haven't accepted my photo for PR card so I am still waiting on that.

Looks like local IRCC offices are handling this portal, I am in calgary and my email was also from calgary office. One thing is for sure your application has been approved and you just need to confirm you are in Canada to get your COPR.

Best of Luck.

yadhvirgill

Nov 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I am just wondering if it is just me that anytime I call IRCC +1 8882422100, they say they currently have a high number of calls and cant transfer me to an agent. Even if I can as early as 9 am. Am I calling the wrong number or any tip on how to contact them on calls?

For all my webforms request I get generic answers

Thank you
The number is right, try calling before 8AM and then press 3 4 1 0 after you hear options. They pick up in 15-20 mins.

Reactions: anubhavhca

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
It took an hour for them to create my profile. I got my COPR the next day of confirming i am in Canada. They haven't accepted my photo for PR card so I am still waiting on that.

Looks like local IRCC offices are handling this portal, I am in calgary and my email was also from calgary office. One thing is for sure your application has been approved and you just need to confirm you are in Canada to get your COPR.

Best of Luck.
Congrats!! And, thank you for your relieving message. Best of luck to everyone.

kay2020

May 14, 2020
what did they say?
I wanted to know if my medicals have been passed, I submitted it in September due to Covid (i didn't submit my application) but she said my medicals is still pending review from the officer. Although she mentioned that my eligibility, security, and Criminality has been passed

Garykalra14

Oct 22, 2020
Congrats!! And, thank you for your relieving message. Best of luck to everyone.

Best of Luck.
Hi can you please explain about creating profile how you did that . Did you got any message to do so

Sanju_S

Jul 12, 2020
If your medicals are about to expire or have expired, before the COPR is issued, IRCC will have then reassessed by the regional medicals officer who will make a determination on whether to ask for a remed or give an extension. Most applicants are getting extensions.

Medicals have to be valid when your submit your application, as well as when you land. This is why before PPR, when the final review is done, it is made sure that the medicals are valid or have been extend until you land in Canada.

As regards your passport, you can get it renewed and once you have the renewed one, send the biographical pages of the PP to IRCC via webform.
Hello,

In account where i can check the medical valid to date. Couldn't locate can you please tell me.

I see only medical clear date.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello,

In account where i can check the medical valid to date. Couldn't locate can you please tell me.

I see only medical clear date.
You can find that in your GCMS notes. If you know when the panel physician sent your medical results to IRCC, it’s usually one year from that date.

Reactions: Sanju_S

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Do not forget to check your Spam folder, guys.

Even though IRCC sent me an email before regarding the portal and I replied to them, the recent IRCC email with the profile link and credential directly went to the Spam. It has been sitting there for two days and I have just noticed it.

I uploaded the photo and confirmed my address. Waiting for eCOPR.

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
So I got a call from immigration yesterday, the official asked me if I did my medicals(which I did) ,she also asked my to call the medical center to submit the results to IRCC, they did it this morning :D, she also mentioned than everything is looking good and no red flags are raised and mentioned my background will be done quickly (criminality is already passed)and asked my if I'm currently in Alberta , I guess this is a good sign right?

Call was from a Non ID Number and I'm PNP-Alberta.

Mehkal

Nov 13, 2020
CEC inland
AOR: April 16 | Medical passed: June 10 | Bio exempt: Oct 20

According to the agent, eligibility is passed, criminality in progress, security NOT started. Any idea why they have not started the security yet? Is there any clear sequence that they follow in their process? ehhh...this waiting game is killing me....affected several aspects of my life...very frustrating.