Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
@legalfalcon My medical expires February 20, 2021 and my application is still stuck on Security not started. If they start giving out COPR next year and I don't get mine before Feb 20, do I have to redo the medical or is it going to get extended. What if I get COPR before my medical expires but don't get the PR card before it expires? Also my passport is expiring July 17 next year. If I don't get COPR by January 17, will it cause problem? I am going to renew my passport soon but it can take 2-3 months to process because of covid.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My medical expires February 20, 2021 and my application is still stuck on Security not started. If they start giving out COPR next year and I don't get mine before Feb 20, do I have to redo the medical or is it going to get extended. What if I get COPR before my medical expires but don't get the PR card before it expires? Also my passport is expiring July 17 next year. If I don't get COPR by January 17, will it cause problem? I am going to renew my passport soon but it can take 2-3 months to process because of covid.

If your medicals are about to expire or have expired, before the COPR is issued, IRCC will have then reassessed by the regional medicals officer who will make a determination on whether to ask for a remed or give an extension. Most applicants are getting extensions.

Medicals have to be valid when your submit your application, as well as when you land. This is why before PPR, when the final review is done, it is made sure that the medicals are valid or have been extend until you land in Canada.

As regards your passport, you can get it renewed and once you have the renewed one, send the biographical pages of the PP to IRCC via webform.

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
If your medicals are about to expire or have expired, before the COPR is issued, IRCC will have then reassessed by the regional medicals officer who will make a determination on whether to ask for a remed or give an extension. Most applicants are getting extensions.

Medicals have to be valid when your submit your application, as well as when you land. This is why before PPR, when the final review is done, it is made sure that the medicals are valid or have been extend until you land in Canada.

As regards your passport, you can get it renewed and once you have the renewed one, send the biographical pages of the PP to IRCC via webform.
Thanks, forgot to mention I'm CEC Inland.

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
It has been more than 7 months now since my AOR, and my file (PNP-inland) has not been seen by an officer yet. My last note is from July by an agent (review required for the eligibility). Since then, nobody has touched it except registering my biometrics. Are they any others in the group who are in the same situation?
Thanks
There are different groups
  1. Everything is completed, just waiting for the final approval
  2. Eligibility passed, mainly waiting for the security
In my situation, even my eligibility was not reviewed by an officer in 7 months. No officer's touch at all.

Is there anybody in the same situation?

@legalfalcon Is this normal? What do you think?

sz1995

Nov 30, 2020
Finally received COPR Today.
CEC Inland, AOR 27 April.
VO: OTAWA.

Everything completed on 13 October (Confirmed with an agent) and it took around 2 months for final approval/COPR.
Profile was last updated on June when medical passed and no change after that till today.

Best of luck everyone.

canpr2019

Jan 9, 2019
Currently IRCC is not issuing nay COPRs to inlands, which most likely is because of CPC Ottawa not working.

You will just have to wait, like many others.

As regards your medicals, they would be extended if they have not been already.
Friends, CPC Ottawa not working?? Is there an official communication to confirm this statement or is this just a speculation?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

Everything completed on 13 October (Confirmed with an agent) and it took around 2 months for final approval/COPR.
Profile was last updated on June when medical passed and no change after that till today.

Best of luck everyone.
Congrats!! When did you give your bio?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks, forgot to mention I'm CEC Inland.

Even if your are CEC, the process will be the same, but the good thing is that you won't have to ship your passport, instead you will get your COPR by email.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Friends, CPC Ottawa not working?? Is there an official communication to confirm this statement or is this just a speculation?
CPC Ottawa is the IRCC main office. It is performing essential tasks only. The delays in webform responses, COPRs to land, email responses, all are delayed. There is no official communication that CPC O is closed, as it cannot be due to its importance

CEC_490

Nov 2, 2020

Best of luck everyone.
Congratulations... CEC with dependents???

drowning_29

Nov 11, 2018
There are different groups
  1. Everything is completed, just waiting for the final approval
  2. Eligibility passed, mainly waiting for the security
In my situation, even my eligibility was not reviewed by an officer in 7 months. No officer's touch at all.

Is there anybody in the same situation?

@legalfalcon Is this normal? What do you think?
Me. My application Last touched by the Case processing agent on 21st July, security and criminality not started. April 8 FSW outland.

hbcantonio

Jun 29, 2018
Hi everybody,
Sucks we're all waiting much longer than what we expected to wait! My AOR is April 2nd, last update was Biometrics on Oct 14th but since then radio silence. I started the process as CEC inland, but I have a question:

If I leave Canada for the holidays and I receive the approval email, what happens if I tell them I'm _not_ in Canada at the moment (via the new PR portal thingy)? Anyone had that experience yet?

And a follow-up would be:
- Do I lose my current status only upon having the COPR (so after I get verified on the platform) or immediately once my application says 'approved'?

Thank you so much folks, you've been of great help so far.

Stay strong, this sucks but we're not alone!

Edit:
I found, after looking for hours (and overlooking this detail, I might add, since I _have_ read this page like tons of times!):
`You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.`

In my case I am exempt from the travel restrictions because I am a foreign worker (valid eTA +work permit until July 2021). The only thing would be that if I am issued the COPR directly then I know I lose that status and would have to go with a Permanent Resident Travel Document.

Hope it helps anyone in this situation a little bit, but still interested in hearing answers from people to the questions I asked previously.

Last edited: