+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

qzyqzy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
AOR April 29, submitted biometrics on Oct 9 and saw update on the same day. But since then it is silent. Called IRCC like 10 days ago and the agent said eligibility passed, criminality in progress and security not started. Anyone knows usually how long it will take to finish background check?

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
AOR April 29, submitted biometrics on Oct 9 and saw update on the same day. But since then it is silent. Called IRCC like 10 days ago and the agent said eligibility passed, criminality in progress and security not started. Anyone knows usually how long it will take to finish background check?
Same boat, info below. When I called the agent afterwards he told me it typically only takes a few weeks to process Criminality. But it has been radio silence for 6 weeks now.

Not much we can do besides waiting

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Yes even myself same status when I called ircc they aaid security not started and criminality , background in progress, eligibility passed, my aor is on 13 apr and did complete biometrics on 4 nov

qzyqzy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Same boat, info below. When I called the agent afterwards he told me it typically only takes a few weeks to process Criminality. But it has been radio silence for 6 weeks now.

Not much we can do besides waiting
I guess in these days it is really taking longer than usual.

Jortin

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Just for updates,
AOR April 16th, inland
June Medical’s passed
Biometrics competed on 22nd October,
Updated on my profile the same day.

I called IRCC for updates as my application already went past the 100%.

They said Eligibility passed, Criminality passed, Backgroud Check passed and waiting for the final decision by the officer. I called twice to make sure if the update is accurate. Also can I expect a COPR ?
Also would they ask for any addition documents at this stage as I need to change my job.

If anyone went through similar situations please do share your thoughts.
Thank you!

SissyPatty

Feb 19, 2020
@legalfalcon and for all those who have called IRCC for updates, please what information do you need to provide the agents when you call. I'm an outland and I want my sister to call from within Canada on my behalf.

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Just for updates,
AOR April 16th, inland
June Medical’s passed
Biometrics competed on 22nd October,
Updated on my profile the same day.

I called IRCC for updates as my application already went past the 100%.

They said Eligibility passed, Criminality passed, Backgroud Check passed and waiting for the final decision by the officer. I called twice to make sure if the update is accurate. Also can I expect a COPR ?
Also would they ask for any addition documents at this stage as I need to change my job.

If anyone went through similar situations please do share your thoughts.
Thank you!
Hey
Where did you apply from? And your visa office?

Reactions: Jortin

saroya

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hey guys..would it be any bad effect on my application if I call ircc every week?? I called on last Wednesday and the agent said we told you to have some patience when u last called..Shall I call them today to check my status as criminality is in progress for more than 3 weeks now

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey guys..would it be any bad effect on my application if I call ircc every week?? I called on last Wednesday and the agent said we told you to have some patience when u last called..Shall I call them today to check my status as criminality is in progress for more than 3 weeks now
No effect on your app, just irritated agents, I guess? The agents can see how many times you called and raised web forms.
I understand waiting is hard, given that we’ve been on this state of limbo for 7 months now. But that’s all we can do. If everything is passed and only criminality left, just wait.

farhanraza15

Feb 23, 2020
Waterloo ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
23-03-2020
AOR Received.
15-04-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Called CIC to confirm my case:

ITA - March 23rd 2020
AOR - April 15th 2020 (CEC inland)
Medical - June 10 2020
Biometrics Update Online - November 5th 2020

As per CIC Agent:
Eligibility DONE
Security DONE
Medical DONE
Criminality in progress

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon and for all those who have called IRCC for updates, please what information do you need to provide the agents when you call. I'm an outland and I want my sister to call from within Canada on my behalf.

You should ask about eligibility and whether it has been passed. Is yes, then is there a note by an officer or a case processing agent.

If eligibility is passed, ask for the date and ask if your security has started.

Lebarn

Nov 13, 2020
ITA - March 23
AOR - April 2nd 2020 (CEC inland)
Medical passed - June 1 2020
Waiting for biometric call...
Bil - June 1 2020 (error wrong citizenship, requested a new one)
New Bil - August 17

SissyPatty

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you @legalfalcon for always helping out. One last one, will i need to give UCI, Application number, Date of Birth etc for identification before IRCC give out information?

You should ask about eligibility and whether it has been passed. Is yes, then is there a note by an officer or a case processing agent.

If eligibility is passed, ask for the date and ask if your security has started.
l

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Your sister cannot talk on your behalf until u sent ircc a consent form to release information to ur sister, it happened to me last week!I called on behalf of my fiance,representative refused to share any information with me! And they suggested the above to me! Or one thing which worked in our case is conference call.
Hope this helps!