sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
@legalfalcon - I am FSW-PNP applicant
AOR - May 20th
Medical Passed - July 10th
Biometrics - July 26st
RPRF Request - August 14th

Raised a webform on October 15th and received reply that - eligibility verification is passed, security has not started yet and criminality verification in progress.

I am expecting that I will receive COPR around January 2021. My medical is valid till June 26th 2021. As far I know - my COPR date will be valid to June 26th 2021. But the problem is my wife is pregnant and we are living in USA (Indian Citizen). Even I receive COPR in January 2021, I would not make a travel for landing in February 2021. My wife's possible pregnancy date scheduled at May 2021. I have some questions about possible future scenario -

1. How do I add my expecting child? Does the baby require medical?
2. My expecting baby will be US citizen. Does he/she require to include as my dependent in application? Or he/she can make travel with US passport?

I WILL ENCOURAGE OTHERS to add their valuable experiences.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I am FSW-PNP applicant
AOR - May 20th
Biometrics - July 26st

Raised a webform on October 15th and received reply that - eligibility verification is passed, security has not started yet and criminality verification in progress.

I am expecting that I will receive COPR around January 2021. My medical is valid till June 26th 2021. As far I know - my COPR date will be valid to June 26th 2021. But the problem is my wife is pregnant and we are living in USA (Indian Citizen). Even I receive COPR in January 2021, I would not make a travel for landing in February 2021. My wife's possible pregnancy date scheduled at May 2021. I have some questions about possible future scenario -

2. My expecting baby will be US citizen. Does he/she require to include as my dependent in application? Or he/she can make travel with US passport?

sopima

Nov 9, 2020
@legalfalcon, asking for your wisdom if you can :D

Three of us (JayTheGreat, kwintin and myself) are in the following situation :
- GCMS notes stating application is approved since nearly 2 months, in COVID-19 RFV groups
- No update on the GCKey website, still pending
- No golden emails yet

Any idea as why it could be that way ? Are there specific steps once it reads "application approved" in GCMS ? Any reason local visa office could be involved as well ?

Thanks in advance for your help on that one (and thanks, on behalf of many here, for all the support you provide!)

Regards,

Reactions: sm07

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, asking for your wisdom if you can :D

Three of us (JayTheGreat, kwintin and myself) are in the following situation :
- GCMS notes stating application is approved since nearly 2 months, in COVID-19 RFV groups
- No update on the GCKey website, still pending
- No golden emails yet

Any idea as why it could be that way ? Are there specific steps once it reads "application approved" in GCMS ? Any reason local visa office could be involved as well ?

Thanks in advance for your help on that one (and thanks, on behalf of many here, for all the support you provide!)

Regards,
After the GCMS notes say the application is approved, all IRCC has to do is send a PPR if you re outland and from a non-visa exempt country. If you are inland applicant then you will receive a COPR by email. However, many inland applicants left Canada and never bothered to update their address. some of them were sent COPR assuming that they were in Canada. When a COPR is sent, all other existing visas are cancelled as the applicant is not a PR. Subsequently they contacted IRCC informing that they need a PRTD or a PR visa to travel.

Since the high number of such incidents IRCC has stopped sending any COPRs to inlands.

If you are outland, then too not many are getting PPR. These who are getting are subject to the processing conditions of your country of residence.

The GCKey will continue to show in progress until your COPR is generated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - I am FSW-PNP applicant
AOR - May 20th
Biometrics - July 26st

If your security has not yet started, then your eligibility is not conclusively passed.

To read on webform responses see https://bit.ly/3kBoFrS

1. To add a new born you will have to send a webform. IRCC will send you a list of the form you require. Along with the forms, you will have to provide the new born child's passport and medicals.

2. yes. If you want your child to be a Canadian PR, they have to be added to the application.

Reactions: sm07

sopima

Nov 9, 2020
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for the feedback!
So from my understanding of your explainations :
- I note that IRCC do not issue PPR anymore (or sporadically) given the number incidents (non received documents) for inlands that left during COVID, but also for outland applicants ;
- I also note that, from now on, all we have to wait for is IRCC to go through with the application, i.e. sending a golden email and/or updating on GCKey

Given we are outlands, would you advise us to send an email to IRCC, quoting the GCMS notes ("application approved as of Sept 29th") and ask for an update/what happens next/why it's not updated on GCKey yet ?

I ask because, so far, I have not been very satisfied with the rather standardized answers from IRCC, that tend not to say too much about the application in itself / ignore some of our questions.

Thanks again,

Best,

Last edited:

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Anyone tried calling IRCC lately?

Instead of being placed on hold for an agent, the automated message just tells me to call back and ends the call as there is no agent available. Rather annoying, and has happened on two occasions.

Anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: Invincible84

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Anyone tried calling IRCC lately?

Instead of being placed on hold for an agent, the automated message just tells me to call back and ends the call as there is no agent available. Rather annoying, and has happened on two occasions.

Anyone else experienced this?
Yes same with me. The call gets ended.

Reactions: PR2020

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for the feedback!
So from my understanding of your explainations :
- I note that IRCC do not issue PPR anymore (or sporadically) given the number incidents (non received documents) for inlands that left during COVID, but also for outland applicants ;
- I also note that, from now on, all we have to wait for is IRCC to go through with the application, i.e. sending a golden email and/or updating on GCKey

Given we are outlands, would you advise us to send an email to IRCC, quoting the GCMS notes ("application approved as of Sept 29th") and ask for an update/what happens next/why it's not updated on GCKey yet ?

I ask because, so far, I have not been very satisfied with the rather standardized answers from IRCC, that tend not to say too much about the application in itself / ignore some of our questions.

Thanks again,

Best,
Hello Sopima,

Do you see counterfoil/COPR/Document number on GCMS notes ?
We are in similar situation. Approved on Oct 01. But no PPR. VO Ottawa.

CEC_490

Nov 2, 2020
After the GCMS notes say the application is approved, all IRCC has to do is send a PPR if you re outland and from a non-visa exempt country. If you are inland applicant then you will receive a COPR by email. However, many inland applicants left Canada and never bothered to update their address. some of them were sent COPR assuming that they were in Canada. When a COPR is sent, all other existing visas are cancelled as the applicant is not a PR. Subsequently they contacted IRCC informing that they need a PRTD or a PR visa to travel.

Since the high number of such incidents IRCC has stopped sending any COPRs to inlands.

If you are outland, then too not many are getting PPR. These who are getting are subject to the processing conditions of your country of residence.

The GCKey will continue to show in progress until your COPR is generated.
Strict action should be taken against false information. Also, it impacts others...

However, many inland applicants left Canada and never bothered to update their address. some of them were sent COPR assuming that they were in Canada. When a COPR is sent, all other existing visas are cancelled as the applicant is not a PR. Subsequently they contacted IRCC informing that they need a PRTD or a PR visa to travel.

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
FSW Inland
ITA: 4th March
AOR: 6th April.
MEP : 23th June
BIL: 23th June
Additional Doc: RCMP cert
Ghost Update: 24th June
Additional doc uploaded : 7th July
Review of additional documents became: "not applicable" on 8th July
Summary Status changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted": 24th July

OCT 20: I logged in my cic account today and it says application/profile update but nothing changed in the status within the account. I logged out and logged in and it went back to submitted.
NOV 16: I logged in my cic account today and it says application/profile update. I logged out and logged in and it went back to submitted. the medical status changed : you do not need a medical exam if this changes we will send you message.

I have to give biometrics tomorrow so hoping after that the application will move faster.

PS: medical expired as per gCMS notes on 14 nov.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
people help me please :)

I submitted my webform request to ask about my eAPR status which is overdue (more than 6 months passed) on 7th Nov. More than 9 working days have passed. I have not received any automated response (but they said there is no automated response now) and I have also not received any response at all from IRCC.

What should I do? My job offer in Canada will expire with no response. :(

Please send help!!!