+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Khjordan

Aug 5, 2020
Hello, I and my wife are applying for BOWP. I have a employer specific work permit and my wife holds an open work permit, both of which will expire Feb 24, 2021.
I am wondering if we can apply for the extension of her open work permit even though my wife hasn't worked in Canada since her original entry to Canada.
I am just filling out the imm5710e for my wife and wondering if it is okay to leave her 'Name of Employer' section on her imm5710e as 'empty' or 'not applicable'. I appreciate for any advices.

Sanju_S

Jul 12, 2020
Hello, I and my wife are applying for BOWP. I have a employer specific work permit and my wife holds an open work permit, both of which will expire Feb 24, 2021.
I am wondering if we can apply for the extension of her open work permit even though my wife hasn't worked in Canada since her original entry to Canada.
I am just filling out the imm5710e for my wife and wondering if it is okay to leave her 'Name of Employer' section on her imm5710e as 'empty' or 'not applicable'. I appreciate for any advices.
Yes you can apply for the open work permit extension as initial it was open permit.

I did the same for my spouse. I am on close work permit. Extension for both was filed together.
Regarding employer section for her i left as blank as she is not working currently.

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
Hey, congratulations!!!!!!!
On the profile update being late, it happened with few of my friends. CIC sometimes have a glitch on their website. Some of my friends have received CoPR a month back and received CoPR information letter on the profile after a month or so. Nonetheless, you can ignore that. You got CoPR and that is what matters! Cheers buddy!
Thanks!
Not sure what was wrong. It is weird and unusual but if your friends have already seen this glitch, then I can ignore this fact.

kay2020

May 14, 2020
Thank you so much @legalfalcon

If everything has passed, you need not worry, you just have to be patient and wait it out. You have just completed 9 months or will complete 9 months which was the average processing time for FSW and PNP pre-COVID.

Also, currently IRCC is only processing CEC applications at full capacity.

IF you were asked for re-meds and you have provided them, you just have to wait it out.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Joe Reigo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , just received my gcms notes . Aor april 17. As per 2nd page, security is not started. Criminality in progress and eligibility passed.

But in last page it says with date sep 3, 2020

Text:***officer review***File reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed and no adverse information found. Criminality- pending. Assigned to security group for assessment.

Does it means my security has started and everything is ok? What does it mean?

Jan 8, 2021
congrats!! are you applying alone or with your partner? the creation of your profile in the PR portal has to be done any time? or do i have to wait any approval or email?
Thank you!

I applied alone. You have to wait for an email from IRCC before you can create a profile.

Khjordan

Aug 5, 2020
Yes you can apply for the open work permit extension as initial it was open permit.

I did the same for my spouse. I am on close work permit. Extension for both was filed together.
Regarding employer section for her i left as blank as she is not working currently.
Thank you very much for your advice which is very helpful.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , just received my gcms notes . Aor april 17. As per 2nd page, security is not started. Criminality in progress and eligibility passed.

Text:***officer review***File reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed and no adverse information found. Criminality- pending. Assigned to security group for assessment.

Security is done by partner agencies such as CBSA and CSIS. IRCC can only send the request to them. If the request has been sent, then it has been initiated by IRCC.

AlSo, on page 2 of your GCMS notes your security will be blank (redacted), which is an indicator that your security has been initiated.

Since your eligibility is passed, there is no need to worry ad that is the most important stage. Also, factors such as whether you are inland, outland, etc. also play a role in whether you will be submit to a record check or a comprehensive screening.

To read more on security, how it is done, who all is involved and how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/2Yep4YE

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Here is the correct information. Depending on where you obtained the GCMS from, i.e. IRCC or CBSA there can be differences in how security is disclosed. Security is always redacted by both IRCC and CBSA when it's completed. However CBSA will disclose it even when it's in progress but IRCC will not. See this example from CBSA

You can also check CBSA's online version of the security screening manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
CEC Inland
My AOR is on 13 Apr
June 8 Medicals
Biometrics 4 Nov
I am waiting for so long for the outcome, IRCC agent said that the officer need to review my biometrics and then do the criminality and security clearance.
Hope to see COPR mail soon

sonyguntuka

Aug 10, 2020
Guys, i received CoPR today.:) All the best to everyone on this thread. It has been a long wait.:)

One weird thing I see in my profile that my profile didn't show until today that my CoPR was issued on 8th January. I see a new row called Document Status which lists CoPR issued on 11th June. I'm not sure why it took so long to post on my account. I got application/profile updated today on 26th January and then it showed that pr was approved on 8th January. Weird but I'm happy that wait for CoPR is over.
Hello Satish, Congratulation to you :)
could you please share your timeline? It would be helpful to assess the processing time in this covid situation.
Also please let us know which stream and NOC code :)

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Got GCMS today (applied 12/27, generated 1/6)

File APPROVED on 1/4 and assigned to Etobicoke (3296 is code for Etobicoke as per next page).
Any idea what the due date is?.

Coincidentally it is my last entry date to Canada + 1 year

Later in the notes, there are COPR details with a validity date.