Med's Done....
21 March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
31 May 2015
My situation is same as yours. Had my interview on May 26 and the old tracker was updated to DM while the new one is still saying that it was last updated on May 11. So I assume it’s a glitch?! Anyone have any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.
Great. I am not worried about the new tracker. It is a fairly new tool and is not yet fully robust.

Seeing "Decision Made" on ECAS is good enough for now. :)

LV_jan

Dec 27, 2019
i received my Oath invitation May 3, 2021

Oath Ceremony is May 5, 2021.

finally ❤ after waiting for almost 2 years, Canadian officially ❤
Oath Invitation : May 3, 2021
Oath ceremony: May 5, 2021
Oath Ceremony was re scheduled for May 11, 2021
Date I received my certificate: May 28, 2021 (wow it only took 2 weeks)

Yay! now i can apply for a passport :D

Reactions: canvisa13

jutrindade88

Jun 1, 2021
Hi! I took the online test on March 19th. After they changed the system to the tracker, the last update there was Apr 23, with the latest update being on Mar 22 where everything was marked as COMPLETE except Physical Presence and Language Skills. I checked today and my tracker was updated, now saying that as of Mar 31, everything is back to IN PROGRESS except my Citizenship test. Does anyone know what this could be? Or did it happen to anyone else?

Timelines:
AOR - Apr 1 2019
Fingerprints - Jul 2019
Test - Mar 19 2021

jutrindade88

Jun 1, 2021
Updating my tracking!

Hi! I took the online test on March 19th. After they changed the system to the tracker, the last update there was Apr 23, with the latest update being on Mar 22 where everything was marked as COMPLETE except Physical Presence and Language Skills. I checked today and my tracker was updated, now saying that as of Mar 31, everything is back to IN PROGRESS except my Citizenship test. Does anyone know what this could be? Or did it happen to anyone else?

Timelines:
App sent - Apr 1 2019
AOR - Jun 2019
Fingerprints - Aug 2019
Test - Mar 19 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Updating my tracking!

Timelines:
App sent - Apr 1 2019
AOR - Jun 2019
Fingerprints - Aug 2019
Test - Mar 19 2021
Please post your details in the following format so that I can add you to the tracker.

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test invite email received:
Date you took the test:

Thanks.

nutAllergy

Jan 21, 2017
I had my interview today. The IRCC officer outright said that my application will be approved and that my ceremony will be some time in the next 1-2 months. I'll be sure to make final updates when that is scheduled and when it occurs.

Type of Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1139 days
Application Received: April 15th, 2019
AOR: July 12th, 2019
ECAS In Process: August 26th, 2019
Test Date: April 12th-May 2nd (online test)
Test Completed: April 12th, 2021
Interview: June 2nd, 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I had my interview today. The IRCC officer outright said that my application will be approved and that my ceremony will be some time in the next 1-2 months. I'll be sure to make final updates when that is scheduled and when it occurs.

Type of Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1139 days
Application Received: April 15th, 2019
AOR: July 12th, 2019
ECAS In Process: August 26th, 2019
Test Date: April 12th-May 2nd (online test)
Test Completed: April 12th, 2021
Interview: June 2nd, 2021
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.

Last edited:

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello all,

I had applied for my citizenship application on April 2019. Received my fingerprint request on Oct 2019. This is what was written on the request letter -

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter."

I have a very common muslim name and I am not sure if that is the reason they requested for fingerprint under section 21 and/or 22. I have never commited a crime nor have a report.

I have submitted my fingerprints right away. I have not heard back from them yet. I understand it may take longer if fingerprint is requested. But I am seeing now people who had applied 1 year after me started to get their citizenship exam request.

Previously when they picked up my call (months ago), they told me everything is fine on the file, I just have to wait. Now I just cannot reach them no matter what time I call them. I have applied for both GCMS notes and sent a webform as well. Have not heard back from them yet.

Knowing how incompetent CIC can be I am a bit concerned now. Is there anything I can do to reach an agent?

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hello all,

I had applied for my citizenship application on April 2019. Received my fingerprint request on Oct 2019. This is what was written on the request letter -

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter."

I have a very common muslim name and I am not sure if that is the reason they requested for fingerprint under section 21 and/or 22. I have never commited a crime nor have a report.

I have submitted my fingerprints right away. I have not heard back from them yet. I understand it may take longer if fingerprint is requested. But I am seeing now people who had applied 1 year after me started to get their citizenship exam request.

Previously when they picked up my call (months ago), they told me everything is fine on the file, I just have to wait. Now I just cannot reach them no matter what time I call them. I have applied for both GCMS notes and sent a webform as well. Have not heard back from them yet.

Knowing how incompetent CIC can be I am a bit concerned now. Is there anything I can do to reach an agent?

Regards.
Don't worry. That's the standard wording in every document IRCC uses to request fingerprints. Such wording serves as a legal recourse for any queries as to why fingerprints are being requested. I saw the same exact wording in my letter too and I can confirm that I was told my application is "straightforward" by an IRCC official.

Also, the fact that they're asking you for fingerprints indicates a predisposition to rule out any relationship between you and anybody else with a similar name who has a criminal record.

You should be happy that you're being asked to provide fingerprints. : )

Reactions: ALIAHMED9890

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hey guys, for family applicants..my spouse and I have the same interview time. Are we supposed to do it together. Please is there anyone here that have had this experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello all,

Regards.
Sorry about the predicament you are in. You've crossed 2 years of processing time. This sucks.

GCMS notes takes 30 days or more to arrive. On the 30th day, if you still have not received the notes, email ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca with your request tracking number and remind them the notes are due for that day and ask for the status. I did the same thing, I did not receive the notes on the 30th day. I sent out an email at noon reminding them the report is due and asking them for the status. I received my notes on the 32nd day at around 4:45 AM.

Webform requests are now taking forever unless it is a request for urgent processing or information/document update on file.

You can call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and navigate through options 1,1,1,4 to talk to an agent. It is preferable if you call early in the morning (8 AM local time).

The entirety of the officer and security notes will be redacted by IRCC. However, if you request the same notes from CBSA, there will be less redactions according to this source. (check under the question 'What are sections 15 and 16?').

Wish you all the best and hope you see quick processing going forward.

Reactions: ALIAHMED9890

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Sharing some Positive news. My wife had her Virtual Oath Ceremony today. Scarbrough Center. Went very fast and without a hitch.
Her Timeline:

Physical presence: 1378
Application Sent: 24-Apr-2019
AOR-Received: 10-Jul-2019
In Process: 16-Aug-2019
Fingerprint Request: 28-Aug-2019
Fingerprint Request: 12-Nov-2020
Test Invite: 03-Mar-2021
Test Taken: 24-Mar-2021
ECAS Update: Decision Made
Interview: Not Required
Oath Ceremony: 07-June-2021