+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applicant & still pending, anyone?

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello

I applied on April 2019. Background check and tests are the only items completed. No updates since August 2021. Emailed they say still pending. Anyone in the same super slow boat?

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
On the same boat, only Test & Background check completed. (had to do finger prints twice). Kind of crazy how poor Canadian Immigration System is.

Wouldn't have cried about it if the delay was fair and transparent. Some people who applied in 2021 already got their passports. and here we are who applied even before pandemic started. =/

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello

I applied on April 2019. Background check and tests are the only items completed. No updates since August 2021. Emailed they say still pending. Anyone in the same super slow boat?
On the same boat, only Test & Background check completed. (had to do finger prints twice). Kind of crazy how poor Canadian Immigration System is.

Wouldn't have cried about it if the delay was fair and transparent. Some people who applied in 2021 already got their passports. and here we are who applied even before pandemic started. =/
Are you guys kidding....

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland(originally NDVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
I am in the same boat. Applied Apr 2019. Have done the fingerprints twice. In july it will be one year since the second fingerprint. I fear i will have to do the fingerprint again.

Is there anything that we can do ? i have tried webform and it is not helping.

Reactions: Dreamlad

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I am in the same boat. Applied Apr 2019. Have done the fingerprints twice. In july it will be one year since the second fingerprint. I fear i will have to do the fingerprint again.

call IRCC hotline and insist to speak to an agent. Explain your situation. This unbelievable.

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016

They never asked me to do any fingerprints

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
call IRCC hotline and insist to speak to an agent. Explain your situation. This unbelievable.
Does anyone know a hotline number for IRCC ?

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
Not everybody is requested to do Fingerprints...I had to do it twice! However my wife never once.
Hi- Are you through with your process ? My second set of fingerprints are also going to expire soon. is there anythign that i can do ?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi- Are you through with your process ? My second set of fingerprints are also going to expire soon. is there anythign that i can do ?
Mr process ended in Feb earlier this year and I'm just going through the obtaining of my 1st Canadian passport from abroad.

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi , please let me know if any case is similar like mine . I applied for my citizenship in April 2019 , and I received fingerprints request in July 2020. And my background check has been completed in August 2020. I received test citizenship online request one month ago and then I passed. And my tracker shows me my citizenship test has been completed. Today I’ve surprised, because my tracker shows me my background check is in progress. It means they changed from complete to in process. I’ve confused. Please let me know if anybody has the same updated. Thanks

Reactions: cna110

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
Hi , please let me know if any case is similar like mine . I applied for my citizenship in April 2019 , and I received fingerprints request in July 2020. And my background check has been completed in August 2020. I received test citizenship online request one month ago and then I passed. And my tracker shows me my citizenship test has been completed. Today I’ve surprised, because my tracker shows me my background check is in progress. It means they changed from complete to in process. I’ve confused. Please let me know if anybody has the same updated. Thanks
This is normal. Your fingerprints has been expired. So your status has changed back to in progress. You will receive another fingerprint request very soon.
The files have been moved for 2019 cases. Lots of fellas are receiving new updates.
No worries.

Reactions: nikta

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
This is normal. Your fingerprints has been expired. So your status has changed back to in progress. You will receive another fingerprint request very soon.
The files have been moved for 2019 cases. Lots of fellas are receiving new updates.
No worries.
Thanks to explain my friend.

Reactions: cna110

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
I saw some movements is all my friends files after changing the minister of immigration
Thanks to him
I am not sure it is because of him or due to the reports and petitions
However, if your files have been delayed for more than 27 months, I recommend you to talk to a lawyer
A demand letter by a lawyer will have an obvious influence on your file
1k is an acceptable money to end the headache