+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Yolandib

Mar 22, 2019
Hi Guys, long time silent reader, this is my first post.
AOR - 18 April
Meds passed - 28 May
Biometrics - 10 June
Principal + 3 dependents
FSW-O South Africa
Got my very first ghost update today. Do you think PPR might come this week?

Reactions: MrTTBO and Partho

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
AOR - 18 April
Meds passed - 28 May
Biometrics - 10 June
Principal + 3 dependents
FSW-O South Africa
You might get it by tomorrow even.

atayal

Nov 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I got PPR mail today (AOR 14th April, 2019) and need to submit my passport to VFS for further steps.
But there has been a mention of usual clause "Your passport must be valid for at least six months". Unfortunately, mine would be expiring within exact 6 months from today..so just wanted to understand the next course of action..
1) Shall i apply for renewal of passport (tatkal) and
2) inform CIC about the status (any links/email/contact no. to connect with them) ..
3) how to link my PR application with new Passport No.

Please suggest.. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Mio_

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hello Everyone,
I got PPR mail today (AOR 14th April, 2019) and need to submit my passport to VFS for further steps.
But there has been a mention of usual clause "Your passport must be valid for at least six months". Unfortunately, mine would be expiring within exact 6 months from today..so just wanted to understand the next course of action..
1) Shall i apply for renewal of passport (tatkal) and
2) inform CIC about the status (any links/email/contact no. to connect with them) ..
3) how to link my PR application with new Passport No.

Please suggest.. Thanks in advance!
Submit your current passport and have it stamped. When you get it back you can apply for a new passport and then travel with both. The visa would still be very much valid even on though it's on the old passport. Cheers.

Reactions: atayal

Basvandepol

Aug 13, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
05-17-2019
AOR - 18 April
Meds passed - 28 May
Biometrics - 10 June
Principal + 3 dependents
FSW-O South Africa
Might come today, might take longer. i got my first GU 9 days ago and haven't heard since.

atayal

Nov 4, 2019
Submit your current passport and have it stamped. When you get it back you can apply for a new passport and then travel with both. The visa would still be very much valid even on though it's on the old passport. Cheers.
Thanks for the quick response buddy.. I was also hoping for same.. but was concerned about the clause "Your passport must be valid for at least six months". I mean seeing this clause not being met by my current passport, won't they deny to stamp?

Look forward to your views and of others as well..if they have anything to share..
Thanks guys for sharing info!

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the quick response buddy.. I was also hoping for same.. but was concerned about the clause "Your passport must be valid for at least six months". I mean seeing this clause not being met by my current passport, won't they deny to stamp?

Look forward to your views and of others as well..if they have anything to share..
Thanks guys for sharing info!
No you won't be denied the stamp. Lots of people have been stamped with similar time to expiry of passport like yours. That guideline is just standard. If CIC was truly concerned about your passport expiry, they would have requested you submit a new passport before issuing ppr. So you're fine. You are still 6 months from expiry, not 5 or 4.

Reactions: atayal

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
This process is frustrating, as the CIC account doesn't update in real time. There is no way one can call from outside Canada. I have tried paid Skype, Google Hangout, Third party app, nothing worked for me ever. Webforms have generic responses unless you have crossed bigger miles. If you are sure that your papers are in order you must wait for minimum 210 days.
you must wait 210 days for what? the PPR?

atayal

Nov 4, 2019
No you won't be denied the stamp. Lots of people have been stamped with similar time to expiry of passport like yours. That guideline is just standard. If CIC was truly concerned about your passport expiry, they would have requested you submit a new passport before issuing ppr. So you're fine. You are still 6 months from expiry, not 5 or 4.
Thanks for putting so much of assurance.. I hope this would be good to go.. still If I need to confirm from the officials shall i contact CIC/ Passport Collection center (VFS - New Delhi) and in that case, could anyone in the group help me with right contacts like mail/direct number..

Thanks once again!

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hello,

My brother recieved AOR on 21 May 2019 and his 6 months will be completed on 21 Nov 2019.
Biometric- 10 July 2019

Strangely his backgrund check started in June 2019 and since then there is no update. We applied for GCMS notes last week.

What do seniors recommend? His last employer did not give any pay stubs as there was no such trend as it's a small family run company. Could that have caused an issue?

PLease suggest?

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
AOR - 18 April
Meds passed - 28 May
Biometrics - 10 June
Principal + 3 dependents
FSW-O South Africa
A very good sign, probably during the week
I have same almost same profil AOR 18 avril with 4 dependants.
what is your VO?

Sara.999

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone!
Finally I got my passport request letter in my cic account. Got email notification that I have a new message in my cic account

Aor 18 April.
4 ghost updates (one after mep, one on Oct 8 and one on 23oct, last one today when I open my cic account to check the new message)
VO Cpc Edmonton
PPR mail 4th nov.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for keeping it real and informative. And for motivation and positivity. It means a lot.
Thank you so much!

Rajiv2207

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys ! just a quick question
I hv submitted my file for PR today ,just wanted how good are the chances ... pls revert Tnx

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
HI all'
AOR 29 April
Still no PPR. Raised a webform last night.Those who have raised it previously plz guide When can I expect a reply from IRCC??
Thanks