+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.
Lol don't worry about it. Your COPR is no longer relevant once you land. The copr is primarily for landing in Canada. Doesn't matter if it expires. Your p.r card would already be processed and on the way to your address the day you land so you're already a permanent resident by then.

Last edited:

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Yes you have nothing to worry about.
Just ensure you land before your visa and copr expires. That is more important and once you land and your PR card is being processed then its all sorted.

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Lol don't worry about it. Your COPR is not longer relevant once you land. The copr is primarily for landing in Canada. Doesn't matter if it expires. Your o.r card would already be processed and on the way to your address the day you land so ur already a permanent resident by then.
Thanks a lot. I was really worried about it.

roshanti

Nov 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

My name is Romina. I have been following this thread and now I'm just joining the forum. Thanks for all who have shared information. It is so stressful to be just waiting.

I and my husband are applying from Canada, we are both Mexicans. Here is our timeline so far:
Aor - 20 Apr
Medical passed - Early June
Biometrics: It says we don't need them, we will contact you if this changes.

We only got an update asking for our criminal record from Mexico since we need a letter from Canada's embassy to get it. Since then, we have had no other updates or communication. About a week ago I entered my profile and it said Updated, but there was no visible change. Now it went back to Submitted.

Anyone else applying form inside Canada who are Mexicans?

Any other words of hope are also appreciated.

Thanks,
Romina

roshanti

Nov 24, 2019
----LIST OF APRIL 2019 AOR MEMBERS WAITING FOR THEIR PPR------
@Vivir_Y_Aprender - AOR 3 April 2019
@ouadrasi - 4 Apr
@Zlatanman - 24 Apr
@sony dhillon - 28 Apr
@Dimpy2 - 3 Apr
@Abdulgafar - 15 Apr
@Aysh98 - 19 Apr
@Avi G - 12 Apr
@vmanojk123 - 30 Apr
@shiningbright - 29 Apr
@kellysouthafrica - 7 Apr
@Sromana - 12 Feb (feb exception!)
@FloraHo - 29 Apr
@Mb1988 - 26 Apr
@dharmmie - 27 Apr
@Hariharasubramanian - 5 Apr
@aj4pals - 18 Apr
@Moi1985 - 29 Apr
@Malik321 - 22 Apr
@JodianL - 15 Apr
@imgegunes - 30 Apr
@jass bhatia - 25 Apr
@roshanti - 20 Apr

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

My name is Romina. I have been following this thread and now I'm just joining the forum. Thanks for all who have shared information. It is so stressful to be just waiting.

I and my husband are applying from Canada, we are both Mexicans. Here is our timeline so far:
Aor - 20 Apr

We only got an update asking for our criminal record from Mexico since we need a letter from Canada's embassy to get it. Since then, we have had no other updates or communication. About a week ago I entered my profile and it said Updated, but there was no visible change. Now it went back to Submitted.

Thanks,
Romina
Congrats, that updates means your eligibility was passed. They are currently working on your security. You can expect your ppr within the next one to two weeks.

roshanti

Nov 24, 2019
Congrats, that updates means your eligibility was passed. They are currently working on your security. You can expect your ppr within the next one to two weeks.
Thanks, I hope so!

My status is currently like this:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm crossing my fingers for everyone in the forum. :)

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hello everyone,

Aor - 20 Apr

Thanks,
Romina
If you are already in Canada, you dont need to give your biometrics as you have already given them before I assume.
As if the update in your profile it means that a movement has been initiated on your file and the forum calls it "ghost update" it could mean that you passed one for the process steps or it could mean that your file is already approved.
Hopefully by early next week you will have the ppr

Nov 25, 2019
"A burden shared is a burden halved"

#SharedKarmaOfWaitingForPPR!

Let's take this list to 50 Members!
----LIST OF APRIL 2019 AOR MEMBERS WAITING FOR THEIR PPR------
@Vivir_Y_Aprender - AOR 3 April 2019
@ouadrasi - 4 Apr
@Zlatanman - 24 Apr
@sony dhillon - 28 Apr
@Dimpy2 - 3 Apr
@Abdulgafar - 15 Apr