+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
whats your CRS and what was the cut off points in that draw? is there anyway you can get jobs and responsibilities for the previous employments too? if you can arrange them ASAP you can raise a webform and submit them so during final review it can be considered
My crs was 459, and the cut off was 454. I can try getting the letters. But it wouldn't be from the same person since one of them is from a government office and they have a template. But I can try getting a letter from my then supervisor with all the details. Will that be fine since it will be from two separate issuing personnel? Raising a webform and submitting the document will not complicate anything right? This recommendation was at the Central intake office

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
issuing personnel can be different as long as it is obtained from the same employing entity. They will verify your credentials with the company or entity and not the person. so it does not matter if it is issued by another person in the same company as long as it is genuine and the person is authorised to provide the same. (Example person who gave the letter is on leave so the substitute is giving verification or replacement due to correction and IRCC is well aware of this). Raising a webform with documents that will support your case is always better because once they make a decision then it cant be reversed even if you are in a position to provide additional documents. Now that you have a tactical advantage that you have read the GCMS notes and are aware of the exact movement with your application its better to take some measures and provide whatever you can before it reaches that point of no return and you never know it might help.
I wish to once again reiterate that make sure that the letter is provided by a person who is authorized and it is on record and can be verified if they are contacted.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
issuing personnel can be different as long as it is obtained from the same employing entity. They will verify your credentials with the company or entity and not the person. so it does not matter if it is issued by another person in the same company as long as it is genuine and the person is authorised to provide the same. (Example person who gave the letter is on leave so the substitute is giving verification or replacement due to correction and IRCC is well aware of this). Raising a webform with documents that will support your case is always better because once they make a decision then it cant be reversed even if you are in a position to provide additional documents. Now that you have a tactical advantage that you have read the GCMS notes and are aware of the exact movement with your application its better to take some measures and provide whatever you can before it reaches that point of no return and you never know it might help.
I wish to once again reiterate that make sure that the letter is provided by a person who is authorized and it is on record and can be verified if they are contacted.
Thank you for the response.

donjpj

Apr 28, 2019
A very happy New Year, and all the best for the application!!

Starting a new thread for all those who intend or have received their AoR in April 2019, or anticipate filing their application in April 2019.

Sharing some useful info here:

Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office -
The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - There are 4 case processing offices of IRCC, which are as follows:

Sydney, Nova Scotia - deals with the following:
  • provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry applications
  • Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
  • Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Vegreville, Alberta
Deals with Specialized permanent resident application. Those following in the category of Medical needs, work permits, work permits for spouses, study permits, co-op permits. EE applications which have a downgraded category.

This is the place where you EE application will land if any of the members in the application have a medical condition. This is where determinations of refusal, monitoring etc are made.

Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Mississauga, Ontario
Only deals with family class PR applications.
No EE applications are dealt here so far.

Ottawa, Ontario
This is the most important processing office for all EE, and it is also the Local Visa Office for in-land applicants and those applying from USA.

This is based on the most recent information. IRCC has officers across Canada and some temporary offices that are used to process application based on workload distribution.

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

Tracking your application

Unfortunately the only thing that you see is your MyCIC account. There has been a growing trend of speculation where change of status on MyCIC has been attributed to eligibility being passed, etc. The whole NA, IP IP2 is speculation and has no bearing on determining which stage your application is at. While any change of status is a good sign, but merely relying on NA and IP is not the correct way.

Most applicants will find it irrelevant, as their applications will be processed and approved within the first 3-4 months. It is those who wait for more than 4 months, where things go crazy as they keep relying on NA, IP etc, and see no movement or progress. Many other are stuck on so called IP2, and the PPR never seems to come.

Hello, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time. Fast forward to 2018 my family returned and Nigeria didn't make sense anymore so I had to dust my IELTS and wifey started the whole work of filling forms and telling me how much we need to pay for WES evaluation, medicals etc. November 2018 we entered the express entry pool and with CRS of 456.

Within a week we got out ITA, made all our payments and submitted all the documents requested plus the NOC I picked was 1221 which falls with my over 10 year experience as a government employee where I got my reference letter.

Everything was good up until May 2019 when I received a heart breaking mail of refusal because my VO stated he is not satisfied that I have enough experience in the NOC 1221 I selected. I have a B.Sc and Masters both in Public Administration.

I felt my whole world crumbled because I had put in everything into the application. I immediately wrote a letter of appeal for reconsideration stating that I have over 10 years of experience and linking the main duties with the reference letter my employer gave to me.

After waiting for months without reply I had to request for my GCMS notes and in it I saw my VO stated that no new document was presented and my case remains closed. Prior to receiving the notes I had written a follow up letter to Ghana VO copied Ottawa office informing them I am yet to get a respond. We are still waiting.

The IELTS result I used in entering the pool expired after I submitted my ITA and so I retook the IELTS again twice and also submitted an Expression of interest to Saskatchewan express entry and was lucky enough to get an invitation to apply but the help I presently need is for someone to help me by going through my reference letter and telling me what the problem was or is with it my reference letter because I have to submit another one with my new invitation.

Lest I forget, I am yet to be refunded by IRCC and according to my GCMS notes refund has been made. I contemplated getting advice from a lawyer but for 30 minutes consultation I have to pay a minimum of $250 depending on the quality of the firm at the same time I have to pay $350 Canadian to Saskatchewan as I apply into their express entry.

donjpj

Apr 28, 2019
Hello fam, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time. Fast forward to 2018 my family returned and Nigeria didn't make sense anymore so I had to dust my IELTS and wifey started the whole work of filling forms and telling me how much we need to pay for WES evaluation, medicals etc. November 2018 we entered the express entry pool and with CRS of 456.

Within a week we got out ITA, made all our payments and submitted all the documents requested plus the NOC I picked was 1221 which falls with my over 10 year experience as a government employee where I got my reference letter.

Everything was good up until May 2019 when I received a heart breaking mail of refusal because my VO stated he is not satisfied that I have enough experience in the NOC 1221 I selected. I have a B.Sc and Masters both in Public Administration.

I felt my whole world crumbled because I had put in everything into the application. I immediately wrote a letter of appeal for reconsideration stating that I have over 10 years of experience and linking the main duties with the reference letter my employer gave to me.

After waiting for months without reply I had to request for my GCMS notes and in it I saw my VO stated that no new document was presented and my case remains closed. Prior to receiving the notes I had written a follow up letter to Ghana VO copied Ottawa office informing them I am yet to get a respond. We are still waiting.

The IELTS result I used in entering the pool expired after I submitted my ITA and so I retook the IELTS again twice and also submitted an Expression of interest to Saskatchewan express entry and was lucky enough to get an invitation to apply but the help I presently need is for someone to help me by going through my reference letter and telling me what the problem was or is with it my reference letter because I have to submit another one with my new invitation.

Lest I forget, I am yet to be refunded by IRCC and according to my GCMS notes refund has been made. I contemplated getting advice from a lawyer but for 30 minutes consultation I have to pay a minimum of $250 depending on the quality of the firm at the same time I have to pay $350 Canadian to Saskatchewan as I apply into their express entry.
REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCY REJECTION DECISION.

My name is Joseph, Joseph Peter with UCI: and Application ID: submitted my application for Permanent Residency on January 10, 2019 and on Tuesday May 7, 2019, I received a notification stating that my application was refused on the basis that the immigration officer was not satisfied that I met the requirements, experience and performed duties in line with NOC 1221.

With due respect and a humble submission, I kindly request for a reconsideration of your decision and a further review of my application. I would like to support my appeal with the following points that address the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation Act cited in your letter;

(a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

With regards to the above statement, I would like to explain that I have had full time employment (40hours/week) experience with the Center for Satellite Technology Development (CSTD), a subsidiary of the National Space Research and Development Agency since February 2009.

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;

The last sentence of the lead statement for the National Occupational Classification 1221, specifies that “Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group”. In line with this statement, I would like to express that I am an administrative officer in a public sector and in the course of my career; I have had the privilege to act in supervisory capacity for a cumulative period of three (3) years as the Head of Pension unit in 2014 and in Head of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline Unit 2016 (Paragraph 4 & 6 Employment Reference respectively).

(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

To address the main duties of the NOC 1221 as relates to my job duties highlighted in my employment reference letter, kindly see below further explanation

1. Oversee and Co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedure:

As an Administrator over the years, I have supervised and coordinated various office administrative procedures at varying capacities. In 2014, I successfully introduced a monthly staff in-house training on administrative processes and procedures to improve staff performance and output. In 2016, I initiated and introduced the first interactive session and pension training for staff and unit members. The aim of the sessions and training was to keep staff abreast of all activities of Pension Fund Administrators and to address all other pension related concerns. (Paragraphs; 4 &6, Employment Reference)

2. Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed:

In 2014, I was appointed head of Pension unit where I supervised and apportioned schedule of duty to four (4) unit members thereby establishing their work priority. I also ensured efficient performance of staff schedule of duty. (Paragraph 4 Employment Reference)

In 2016, as head of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline unit, I apportioned scheduled of duty, coordinated and managed the activities of eight (8) staff members. I also assigned and delegated activities, supervised, assigned jobs and ensured deadlines were met. (Paragraph 6, Employment Reference).

3. Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post secondary education institutions:

In my current role as a Principal Administrative Officer in the Training and Collaboration Division, I am also responsible for requesting progress reports and maintaining correspondence between my organization and international institutions where staff are admitted for various training programs (PhD, MSc). Also, in 2015 one of my main tasks included responding to official correspondence of internal Customers (staff), in this case, requests for official Introduction letter to facilitate admission processes for post graduate programs.

(Paragraph 7, Employment Reference)

4. Administer policies and procedures related to release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation:

As a Public servant in a government agency bound by the “Freedom of information Act 2011” (a legislation that gives citizen the right to access information from government institutions and agencies), one of my main responsibilities as a Senior Administrative Officer while deployed in the Human Resources Division was to follow due process to respond accordingly to official correspondence of internal and external customers (citizens in need of records or information) as long as the information requested was covered by the Freedom of Information Act. (Paragraph 5, Employment Reference).

5. Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence:

In 2009 while working as a staff of the Pension Unit, I was charged with the responsibility to collate and update staff pension information annually and submit to the Pension Commission. In 2014, it was also my responsibility to prepare and submit my unit progress report to Management. In 2015, I was given the duty of preparing summaries/brief reports for staff considered for promotion and also responsible for preparing promotion/upgrade letters/correspondence to successful staff after the promotion exercise and will have to update salary variation for all staff annually. I also responded to official correspondence of internal and external customers and developed internal memos and circulars through 2015. (Paragraphs; 2, 4 & 5, Employment Reference).

In addition, with reference to the employment requirements for NOC 1221 specifying that;

· A degree in public administration may be required: I have a B.Sc and Masters in Public Administration

· Experience in a Senior clerical or Executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required: between 2015 and 2016, as a senior administrative office in the Human Resources division, I performed the role of a secretary and took minutes in all general meetings, disciplinary meetings, promotion/interview meetings, senior level management meetings (Paragraph 5, Employment Reference)

I understand that the commission is swamped with loads of application but I would truly appreciate if you grant my humble request for reconsideration and have a further review of my application.

I appreciate your time and hope for a most favorable response.

Thank you.

Reactions: mayur0011

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
heyy your case is very straightforward and your roles and responsibilities clearly correspond to 1221 and i dont know why did they reject it and there should be some confusion somewhere. i am 1221 too and provided the similar letter indicating all roles and responsibilities. can you attach a copy of the GCMS notes too to have an idea? at which stage did you see that things were not going in line? did you call cic in between for updates and what did they have to tell you? try applying again and lets hope for the best. try to reinforce your application with additional documentation.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Hello fam, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time. Fast forward to 2018 my family returned and Nigeria didn't make sense anymore so I had to dust my IELTS and wifey started the whole work of filling forms and telling me how much we need to pay for WES evaluation, medicals etc. November 2018 we entered the express entry pool and with CRS of 456.

REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCY REJECTION DECISION.

My name is Joseph, Joseph Peter with UCI: and Application ID: submitted my application for Permanent Residency on January 10, 2019 and on Tuesday May 7, 2019, I received a notification stating that my application was refused on the basis that the immigration officer was not satisfied that I met the requirements, experience and performed duties in line with NOC 1221.

With due respect and a humble submission, I kindly request for a reconsideration of your decision and a further review of my application. I would like to support my appeal with the following points that address the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation Act cited in your letter;

(a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

With regards to the above statement, I would like to explain that I have had full time employment (40hours/week) experience with the Center for Satellite Technology Development (CSTD), a subsidiary of the National Space Research and Development Agency since February 2009.

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;

The last sentence of the lead statement for the National Occupational Classification 1221, specifies that “Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group”. In line with this statement, I would like to express that I am an administrative officer in a public sector and in the course of my career; I have had the privilege to act in supervisory capacity for a cumulative period of three (3) years as the Head of Pension unit in 2014 and in Head of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline Unit 2016 (Paragraph 4 & 6 Employment Reference respectively).

(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

To address the main duties of the NOC 1221 as relates to my job duties highlighted in my employment reference letter, kindly see below further explanation

1. Oversee and Co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedure:

As an Administrator over the years, I have supervised and coordinated various office administrative procedures at varying capacities. In 2014, I successfully introduced a monthly staff in-house training on administrative processes and procedures to improve staff performance and output. In 2016, I initiated and introduced the first interactive session and pension training for staff and unit members. The aim of the sessions and training was to keep staff abreast of all activities of Pension Fund Administrators and to address all other pension related concerns. (Paragraphs; 4 &6, Employment Reference)

2. Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed:

In 2014, I was appointed head of Pension unit where I supervised and apportioned schedule of duty to four (4) unit members thereby establishing their work priority. I also ensured efficient performance of staff schedule of duty. (Paragraph 4 Employment Reference)

In 2016, as head of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline unit, I apportioned scheduled of duty, coordinated and managed the activities of eight (8) staff members. I also assigned and delegated activities, supervised, assigned jobs and ensured deadlines were met. (Paragraph 6, Employment Reference).

3. Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post secondary education institutions:

In my current role as a Principal Administrative Officer in the Training and Collaboration Division, I am also responsible for requesting progress reports and maintaining correspondence between my organization and international institutions where staff are admitted for various training programs (PhD, MSc). Also, in 2015 one of my main tasks included responding to official correspondence of internal Customers (staff), in this case, requests for official Introduction letter to facilitate admission processes for post graduate programs.

(Paragraph 7, Employment Reference)

4. Administer policies and procedures related to release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation:

As a Public servant in a government agency bound by the “Freedom of information Act 2011” (a legislation that gives citizen the right to access information from government institutions and agencies), one of my main responsibilities as a Senior Administrative Officer while deployed in the Human Resources Division was to follow due process to respond accordingly to official correspondence of internal and external customers (citizens in need of records or information) as long as the information requested was covered by the Freedom of Information Act. (Paragraph 5, Employment Reference).

5. Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence:

In 2009 while working as a staff of the Pension Unit, I was charged with the responsibility to collate and update staff pension information annually and submit to the Pension Commission. In 2014, it was also my responsibility to prepare and submit my unit progress report to Management. In 2015, I was given the duty of preparing summaries/brief reports for staff considered for promotion and also responsible for preparing promotion/upgrade letters/correspondence to successful staff after the promotion exercise and will have to update salary variation for all staff annually. I also responded to official correspondence of internal and external customers and developed internal memos and circulars through 2015. (Paragraphs; 2, 4 & 5, Employment Reference).

In addition, with reference to the employment requirements for NOC 1221 specifying that;

· A degree in public administration may be required: I have a B.Sc and Masters in Public Administration

· Experience in a Senior clerical or Executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required: between 2015 and 2016, as a senior administrative office in the Human Resources division, I performed the role of a secretary and took minutes in all general meetings, disciplinary meetings, promotion/interview meetings, senior level management meetings (Paragraph 5, Employment Reference)

I understand that the commission is swamped with loads of application but I would truly appreciate if you grant my humble request for reconsideration and have a further review of my application.

I appreciate your time and hope for a most favorable response.

Thank you.
I would recommend you to hire a lawyer to represent your case asap.

Inder977

Sep 14, 2019
Hello Guys,
if someone could help please.
I have work reference letter of 4 years, which was issued to me on 2nd april 2017. The company has closed its operations now and it no longer exists om ground. And that time owner is also ready to give me an declaration from his side on revenue stamps and notorised that i had worked there for 4 years and was paid in cash..i dont have any tax returns. I was sales supervisor.
I can also manage another employee's reference letter who is also having a experience letter from the company as technical supervisor.
Will these will be enough ? Or there could be some refusal?

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
@Inder977 its a very tricky situation but it also happens and is not new and im sure that IRCC officials will also be aware of such situations. However get your paperwork as rocksolid as possible. get a letter from the owner on a stamp paper which is norarised and not only that it states that you were employed there for 4 years but also ask him to furnish details of closure of the company with a copy of the incorporation documents stating his details so that IRCC officer knows that he is the actual owner of the company. Also ask him to mention that he will not be able to provide the company closure documents due to confidentiality reasons.
Second point is that he will mention that he paid you in cash in the same letter but you should have pay slips or receipts? try and get those from accounts and attach that too. While your owner is giving you the affidavit ask him to refer those payslips (if available) when he mentions the salary payment in cash. Give as many details as you can on the letter.
Also get a notarised reference letter from your technical supervisor saying you were working there for 4 years, because as of this moment you need as much evidence as possible to prove you were employed in that company to support your case.
expect a review required and be patient. lets hope for the best.

Inder977

Sep 14, 2019
Thank you for your detailed ans @GEN123
But the letter which was given by govt authority is not in english. Should i get that translated in english by oath commissioner?
There might be some salary vouchers,but if visa officer is not satisfied with the current documents. Then??
Did u hear any case,which was gone through such situations and got PR?

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
@Inder977
which letter are you talking about? You should most definitely get it translated and attested by an oath commissioner.
Try to gather up as many salary vouchers as possible and provide them. See this is the best you can do and even after that if the visa officer is not satisfies then cest la vie! i havent heard about anyone going through such situations but its not an unusual situation because for example see kingfisher airlines company is closed and there is no way of verifying but that dosent mean the employees cant claim work experience. so many such cases will be there for sure.

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
@Inder977
first and foremost get the letter from your employer stating the following
i) start and end date of employment
ii) salary and mode of payment as cash with cross reference of the available payslips
iii) current status of the company and ask him to refer the company incorporation documents (TIN - Tax Identification Number, IEC - Import Export code, GST Certificate, or other documents proving he is the owner of the company)
vi) If possible give the company closure documents or else ask him to mention in the letter that he will not be able to provide company closure documents for confidentiality reasons
v) If any document is in another language get it translated and attested by an oath commissioner.
vi) Get a letter from the supervisor like you mentioned stating your employment details and get that notarized aswell.
vii) Other than this provide your job offer letter which you got when you started your job, Jobs and descriptions letter and payslips

This is the best i can think of right now and i dont think you can provide anything more than this too

however the unusual part form my side is only one thing, you took ALL payments in cash? and didnt file IT returns for 4 YEARS? i dont know

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
The experience certificate or proof of employment of my previous jobs template didn't have the duties and responsibilities mentioned. Only my current job had it mentioned. So the agent recommendation is that consider experience with the recent job only. I guess my case is with VO Ottawa. The gcms notes is pretty confusing to understand.
Hi, i can tell you now that your application will be rejected if you don't send the updated letter of employment. This is my second application because my first application was rejected because of the exact reason. My 4 years work experience wasn't counted because my duties and responsibilities were not included in the letter of employment i submited. After 6months of waiting my application got rejected in March, I had to apply again in april with the updated employment letter. So my advice is to get the letter of employment asap and send it via webform to them