Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
We just received PPR today for Apr 20 application! Almighty God takes all the Glory for this favour . This forum has been such a great help. Can anyone please help me add this to the April 2018 tracker? For some reason i am unable to update maybe too excited . I am sure it will help the next person applying through Nairobi Visa office. We pray that all your applications move faster. The wait is something else.

Application received 20th April
AOR 1 25th May
SA 1st June
File transfer to Nairobi Visa Office 8th June
Started processing ( AOR 2) 15th June
Medical request 16th Aug
Request for additional documents ( Original Marriage Cert) 16th Aug
Medicals done 30th Aug
Additional Documents delivered by courier 7th Sep
Medical passed 7th Sep
BCC in progress 28th Sep in EKAS but online tool says Decision made
Pre Arrivals services letter received 28th Sep
PPR Oct 5th

Congratulations!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Reading this gives me hope!!! I am a May 1st applicant!

Reactions: savemaria

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats on yours too!! It's crazy fast!

I'm so happy because my husband happens to have just arrived to visit for the summer, so if we get the CoPR and everything we can do a little weekend trip to the States for him to land and then he can get started on his SIN, health card, etc... I'm seriously floating right now, I can't believe it.
Unless you are landing permanently you should not apply for a health card. There are residency requirement to qualify for healthcare.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Hello fellow sponsors and principal applicants,

I received this message in my GCkey this morning. (Please see the bold message below.) The message below was not there in the past. Before this is was "In progress". I am assuming this is good news? Can anyone elaborate on this current stage? I know that no application is the same as someone else's, therefore it's impossible to know how much longer the spouse sponsorship application should take.

I requested my ECAS notes and received them last week, after reading the notes, I read that the "criminal check" and "security check" were not started, yet everything else is completed, therefore my question is probable a silly question, but does this mean that they have started the criminal check and security check today?

Latest GCKey message:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Thank you........ :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Kobekong

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello fellow sponsors and principal applicants,

I received this message in my GCkey this morning. (Please see the bold message below.) The message below was not there in the past. Before this is was "In progress". I am assuming this is good news? Can anyone elaborate on this current stage? I know that no application is the same as someone else's, therefore it's impossible to know how much longer the spouse sponsorship application should take.

I requested my ECAS notes and received them last week, after reading the notes, I read that the "criminal check" and "security check" were not started, yet everything else is completed, therefore my question is probable a silly question, but does this mean that they have started the criminal check and security check today?

Latest GCKey message:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Thank you........ :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You are now on the last stage which is the background check in process. That means ppr will be send to you anytime soon.. conrgats!!

Chiri

Feb 16, 2018
Here is an update. God the most High takes the glory! Thank you all for the journey and encouraging words
I wish everyone all the very best that we may all re unite soon!

Application received 20th April
AOR 1 25th May
SA 1st June
File transfer to Nairobi Visa Office 8th June
Started processing ( AOR 2) 15th June
Medical request 16th Aug
Request for additional documents ( Original Marriage Cert) 16th Aug
Medicals done 30th Aug
Additional Documents delivered by courier 7th Sep
Medical passed 7th Sep
BCC in progress 28th Sep in EKAS but online tool says Decision made
Pre Arrivals services letter received 28th Sep
PPR and Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment request 5th Oct
Final approval decision 24th Oct

maham13

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hey guys I’m march 2018 applicant and my file got transferred to LVO in june.
It’s a complete silence for me since thn. Can i have any contact number where i can call and check file updated status?
I’ll be very great full

Mar 7, 2018
You are now on the last stage which is the background check in process. That means ppr will be send to you anytime soon.. conrgats!!
I thought this was just a reflection of the latest system update. Are you certain this mean they started background check? I have the same message "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." but nothing has changed with background check line. It still says we will send you a message when we start your background check... I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks to anyone who can provide clarification.

Vsbuchan

Jul 19, 2018
I thought this was just a reflection of the latest system update. Are you certain this mean they started background check? I have the same message "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." but nothing has changed with background check line. It still says we will send you a message when we start your background check... I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks to anyone who can provide clarification.
Our has said this since August 9th... They have reached out twice now for accompanying documents but it feels like everytime they do we dont hear anything for at least a month.

We did an MP check and I was able to see that some areas were in process but the criminal check had not said that it was started yet

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Does anyone else get any update on their case?
File transfer to LVO in July and since then no update
Late January and early Feb candidates are getting their pre arrivals and DMs. I think you should expect something in January 2019. Sit tight :)

Last edited:

Nancy333

Nov 6, 2018
i applied in April & my file was transferred to London Visa office in July.
any news about LVO? & is there a whatsapp group i can join?

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
i applied in April & my file was transferred to London Visa office in July.
any news about LVO? & is there a whatsapp group i can join?
January 2018 applicants are getting DMs, and early February applicants had their eligibility passed. For your timeline, you should expect something in January 2019. Stay in touch.