+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kkalim

Apr 9, 2018
I submitted my application last week of March through a lawyer, and on the 9th found out that the application was returned because they made some changes (Criminal Check) at least that's what my lawyer said and now have to wait for my wife to get the criminal check done(already done should have it by Monday).

Just wanted to ask if I should continue with the lawyer as he should have known before he sent it in. If I don't I will lose $1,100.

Thanks

amavnee9

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
No there is an option of ONGOING just check that box.
I couldn't find it.
Hi! So the way me and husband did it was by screenshooting texts, emails, Skype calls, Fb messenger calls, and the app where me messaged. We did 2 pages of each throughout the time we’ve been together.

Follow the checklist and provide what is needed. For example 20 quality pictures throughout your relationship. Try to keep a timeline. 10 pages of communication excelente through your time together. Family letters and social media showing a public relationship. You can take screenshots and arrange them on a word document. Remember quality over quantity.
Thanks.

Reactions: Alesun

Alesun

Jul 17, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi! Having a lawyer doesn’t guarantee your application will be successful. It even says so on the CIC website. Most of us fill out the paperwork ourselves as it’s very straightforward on the application guide. In my experience, if anything the forums like this one help more than a lawyer lol. Lawyers are just as prone to human error as anyone. It’s your choice tho! Do whatever is best for you and your spouse.

Alesun

Jul 17, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I submitted my application last week of March through a lawyer, and on the 9th found out that the application was returned because they made some changes (Criminal Check) at least that's what my lawyer said and now have to wait for my wife to get the criminal check done(already done should have it by Monday).

Just wanted to ask if I should continue with the lawyer as he should have known before he sent it in. If I don't I will lose $1,100.

Thanks
Hi! Having a lawyer doesn’t guarantee your application will be successful. It even says so on the CIC website. Most of us fill out the paperwork ourselves as it’s very straightforward on the application guide. In my experience, if anything the forums like this one help more than a lawyer lol. Lawyers are just as prone to human error as anyone. It’s your choice tho! Do whatever is best for you and your spouse.

Chiri

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Guys question i just submitted my application last april 3rd. I just would like to ask about NOA. because i only provided a letter from my current employer that includes my my hourly rate. Will there be a problem if i want able to send NOA of proof of income statement? will they return my application?
This may be a little late of a reply but if it helps i will let you know that they returned our package for lack of NOA or option C.

amavnee9

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Hello Guys , i need to ask a question please,

As per the new checklist , in the section of police clearance certificate , what should i choose from the options given out there? if my husband (PA) has never left the country ? Please advise.

rsuli

Apr 24, 2018
Sent application April 16th through Post Canada. Immigration in Mississauga received it the next day with a signature. Now I’m waiting for my AOR.

rsuli

Apr 24, 2018
Hello Guys , i need to ask a question please,

As per the new checklist , in the section of police clearance certificate , what should i choose from the options given out there? if my husband (PA) has never left the country ? Please advise.
Your spouse needs to get his police clearance from the country he spent most his life in. E.g. I have lived in Canada for most of my life so I would have to get a clearnce from the Canadian police station.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application and it was received the next day on April 23rd. Waiting begins now!

jewelflores

Mar 21, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
My husband sent our application April 4,2018 and it was delivered at Missisuaga April 9,2018 though my husband wrote his name in "TO" and the address in Missisuaga in "FROM" I hope cic wont be confused about that, it was just a minor mistake.

MaryRosalind

Mar 5, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
01/06/2022
AOR Received.
02/06/2022
We had our application from Feb returned. When I called on April 23 they told me they were opening March 20 submissions so that is about 5 weeks 35 days out. We have just resubmitted it so hoping for June 1 opening. Good luck to everyone that is waiting.

Reactions: rebeccara

amavnee9

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
We had our application from Feb returned. When I called on April 23 they told me they were opening March 20 submissions so that is about 5 weeks 35 days out. We have just resubmitted it so hoping for June 1 opening. Good luck to everyone that is waiting.
Hey Mary ,

I got mine returned too that i had submitted in February and i resubmitted it today via canada express post. So good luck to both of us.

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hello All,
I recently applied for my husbands PR, it was delivered today. I'm a little nervous as this is the second time I have sent it, it was returned in Feb for missing info...fingers crossed its good to go this time!

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello All,
I recently applied for my husbands PR, it was delivered today. I'm a little nervous as this is the second time I have sent it, it was returned in Feb for missing info...fingers crossed its good to go this time!
Can I ask what was missing. I sent my wife's sponsorship application last week.