Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Guys, I just received AIP, SA and DM as well as landing letter all at the same time. I am April 27,2018 and was so sure it was gonna be another couple months because had no update since Dec 19 when they said they started processing my application. Goodluck to everyone else as I know how frustrating it is seeing others from much later months already getting approved,

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I confirmed that they put “Bona Fide Relationship” on GCMS Note.
I don't know why it transferred to Etobicoke.
We had a phone interview to verify our relationship and application we submitted on Feb 27th and my wife got SA and DM 3 weeks after.
They said they are still working on my Criminality check and review of Eligibility requirements.
So was it transferred to Etobicoke for Finalizing it? Or what? It's frustrating.
A bona fide relationship means they have concerns on the relationship but are not clear about some aspects, therefore they would either seek clarification or interview or additional document. Be prepared for additional delays especially at etobicoke it could take between 6months to18months after etobicoke received your file .you must check your GCSM to find out the exact date the file was received by etobicoke and start counting 6months to 18months from that date.it all about your eligibility .

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
A bona fide relationship means they have concerns on the relationship but are not clear about some aspects, therefore they would either seek clarification or interview or additional document. Be prepared for additional delays especially at etobicoke it could take between 6months to18months after etobicoke received your file .you must check your GCSM to find out the exact date the file was received by etobicoke and start counting 6months to 18months from that date.it all about your eligibility .
Actually, bona fide relationship means genuine relationship, in other words that they believe it is real

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Actually, bona fide relationship means genuine relationship, in other words that they believe it is real
Yes they would want to find out whether the relationship is genuine and this can come in the form of clarification, interview or additional document. Once they indicate bona fide relationship, they request something from the PA in most cases or clarification or interview. It always bring additional delays especially at etobicoke

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Yes they would want to find out whether the relationship is genuine and this can come in the form of clarification, interview or additional document. Once they indicate bona fide relationship, they request something from the PA in most cases or clarification or interview. It always bring additional delays especially at etobicoke
If they indicated Bona fide relationship that means they already believe it's genuine, as in, not entered for the purpose of immigration. There's some other issue then. @AK220 are you married or common law?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I'm Married, not common law
Why?
All couples have to show that their relationship is genuine but common law couples have an extra burden of proof of showing 1 year continuous cohabitation. Married couples only need to show a certificate.
So if your relationship is "Bona fide" and you have proof of a marriage certificate then I don't believe they are doubting your eligibility based on your relationship.

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
All couples have to show that their relationship is genuine but common law couples have an extra burden of proof of showing 1 year continuous cohabitation. Married couples only need to show a certificate.
So if your relationship is "Bona fide" and you have proof of a marriage certificate then I don't believe they are doubting your eligibility based on your relationship.
Yeah, we submitted marriage certificate and every proof documents upfront.
Then we had a relationship verification over the phone in late February.
And then, my GCMS Notes shows that officer verified our relationship as ”Bona fides” relationship.
I recently called IRCC and call centre agent said it could take 6-8 months extra (The agent said that's not accurate timeframe and it also could be done much earlier), and my file was transferred to Etobicoke on April 2nd.
We already got SA and DM on the sponsor’s side.
Now I'm waiting for AIP, DM on my side and landing Interview letter.

I hope we all can get what we want very soon.
Waiting is frustrating but let's try not to stay negative.
Let's stay positive then we all can get what we want ultimately.