+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
If your file has been transferred for further assessment it depends on your circumstances and this always bring additional delays especially at etobicoke it could take between 6months to18months
For me they said it could take between 12-18 months more now

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
If your file has been transferred for further assessment it depends on your circumstances and this always bring additional delays especially at etobicoke it could take between 6months to18months
Oh, but I don’t think it’s gonna take 6 months to 18 months, because my wife got SA and DM on her side and they said they’re now still processing my criminality check and eligibility requirements.
As they mentioned on SA letter I would be contacted shortly.
We already had a relationship verification as well.
If it was for further assessment they would’ve mentioned it earlier.

Last edited:

Kimmie1234

Feb 6, 2019
I didn’t because they sometimes misinform people.
No, That doesn’t make any sense.
How’s your application going tho?
Any good news?

No.... We are probably same boat as well.
Tomorrow would be 12months processing time. No update nothing.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
I just called IRCC and they said my file was transferred to the Etobicoke at the end of March.
And the call centre representative said it take 6-8 months to process my PR application , can it take 6-8 months extra tho...? It’s been more than 12 months... That can't take 6-8 months extra I think...
That doesn't make any sense...
I just hope the representative misinformed me about that.
Really? 6 months after you already got AIP? H
For me they said it could take between 12-18 months more now
Zoya did you get anything after medicals like AIP, SA or anything? or you still stuck in Background checks? But why did they say it will take another 12 to 18 months? there must be a reason why it will take 24 months while most of the people are getting it around 8 months, some 12 and some 14 months. Which should it take 24 months or longer? Did you order GCMS notes?

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
I confirmed that they put “Bona Fide Relationship” on GCMS Note.
I don't know why it transferred to Etobicoke.
We had a phone interview to verify our relationship and application we submitted on Feb 27th and my wife got SA and DM 3 weeks after.
They said they are still working on my Criminality check and review of Eligibility requirements.
So was it transferred to Etobicoke for Finalizing it? Or what? It's frustrating.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Really? 6 months after you already got AIP? H

Zoya did you get anything after medicals like AIP, SA or anything? or you still stuck in Background checks? But why did they say it will take another 12 to 18 months? there must be a reason why it will take 24 months while most of the people are getting it around 8 months, some 12 and some 14 months. Which should it take 24 months or longer? Did you order GCMS notes?
No nothing yet.

File transferred to Ottawa

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
They supposed to request aditional documents then. What your notes say about your relationship?
I think you are going to get something soon
Im dying with worries
They request aditional documents and still they didn’t update online system
They already requested before transfer

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I had done my 12 months process too. I called, I sent GCMS notes. They just said:"it is processing"

so tired and frustrated.

I did not receive any new since the last december after they said I passed the medical and they started processing my application

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
I had done my 12 months process too. I called, I sent GCMS notes. They just said:"it is processing"

so tired and frustrated.

I did not receive any new since the last december after they said I passed the medical and they started processing my application
Trust me:
Should they have to care about you - NO!
Should they have to finish your application on time - NO!
So why so stress? Forget it, do what you're doing, living your normal life. I'm preparing to withdraw my application. For me, I don't want to wait even though 1 minute after the deadline.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Trust me:
Should they have to care about you - NO!
Should they have to finish your application on time - NO!
So why so stress? Forget it, do what you're doing, living your normal life. I'm preparing to withdraw my application. For me, I don't want to wait even though 1 minute after the deadline.
Did you already withdraw?