+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
My bg check is still processing and the eligibility is being reviewed. Not sure what's going on.
It's normal, a person I know his case was submitted at April 5th, he hasn't started the background check yet. So no SA, AIP, nothing.
My point is, if you are not working at government, then your background will be normal, just matter of time, so you will get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goforhope

Jjrr1616

May 21, 2018
Would you mind to share your timeline with us?
Application sent - May 15, 2018
Application Recieved - May 16 (canada post tracking)
AOR - June 26
OWP approved - August 24
RCMP Fingerprint Request - October 4
SA/AIP - February 7, 2019
Landing Letter - Feb 15, 2019
Landing Interview Letter - March 1
Interview for March 7

Jjrr1616

May 21, 2018
I have a question, will my drivers liscence suffice as photo identification AND proof of address or should I also take bank statements or something else to the interview?

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
Congrats !

Just one question how come it took almost a month for your Medical to pass after doing the Medical ? Usually it takes 1-2 weeks after Medical is done. Did u have to get some additional Tests ?
The doctor I saw in Calgary took almost a month to sign the papers and send them in. I called the office like every other day before they finally got it signed and sent it. Would not suggest that Dr's office to anyone because of that.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I have a question, will my drivers liscence suffice as photo identification AND proof of address or should I also take bank statements or something else to the interview?
Driver license is good, and bring the bank statements just in case if I were you:)

*I've already prepared the bank statements in my files for my landing interview, lol

weaky

Oct 1, 2018
App. Filed.......
12-04-2018
AOR Received.
05-05-2018
Med's Request
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
LANDED..........
09-03-2019
Yay finally! Heres my timeline:
Application sent - April 11, 2018
Application Recieved - April 12, 2018 (UPS)
AOR - May 5, 2018
OWP approved - July 26, 2018
Medical request: September 28, 2018
Medical passed : October 17,2018
SA/AIP - February 8, 2019
Landing Interview Letter - March 4, 2019
Interview for March 9, 2019 (Etobicoke)

Goodluck everyone.

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
I got my DM today, finally after a few unnecessary delays :D
It feels awesome to know that everything is ok, I thank God so much for having this blessing in my life, also thanks to this great community we were able to learn and share our thoughts and worries!
I just need to wait for the date to go to the IRCC to receive everything...
I know it takes about 4 weeks in mississauga, but does anyone know what do we get there exactly, like sin card, health card, pr card???

ashishg1

Feb 5, 2019
Done, the wife can finally live in canada without being deported yay!
The interview is very simple and more of a id checking thing than anything so no need to worry about it.
If going to etobicoke i would suggest going early as our interview time was supposedly 10AM. we got there 9:15 but they just give a first come first serve type ticket and you have to wait for your number. We waited about 2 hours 15 min. I dont see point of giving a time and then making it first come first serve. Seems like all the people were there already by 8:30.
Expect to wait a bit but interview will be quick.

SIN number line is ridiculous too so do not go at Etobicoke as everyone after getting PR is going to other room to try and get SIN. The guy told us go to your area which for us was Richmond Hill and it took us half hour.

Reactions: Jjrr1616 and Lime06

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Done, the wife can finally live in canada without being deported yay!
The interview is very simple and more of a id checking thing than anything so no need to worry about it.
If going to etobicoke i would suggest going early as our interview time was supposedly 10AM. we got there 9:15 but they just give a first come first serve type ticket and you have to wait for your number. We waited about 2 hours 15 min. I dont see point of giving a time and then making it first come first serve. Seems like all the people were there already by 8:30.
Expect to wait a bit but interview will be quick.

SIN number line is ridiculous too so do not go at Etobicoke as everyone after getting PR is going to other room to try and get SIN. The guy told us go to your area which for us was Richmond Hill and it took us half hour.
Thank you very much for the feedback. That was useful.

And congratulations!!!!

Reactions: Lime06

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyway, a day before I had a phone call with IRCC agent I saw ’Application/Profile updated’ on myCIC but there was no change...
Is Ghost update happens on Spousal Sponsorship application...?
What is this supposed to mean?
Does anyone know what that is?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes until IRCC finish criminality check and spouse eligibility check?
I'm a Mid-April applicant and it's so frustrating.
Any update?

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Hey guys

Landing Interview letter arrives in mail or on GC key?

I’m signed up for online correspondence only, but everybody I know have received letters in mail.

Thanks!!