+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ashishg1

Feb 5, 2019
Now on ecas it is showing decision made for both Sponsor and Applicant. However statuses have not changed on GCkey side, only see AIP letter.

Reactions: melito

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Now on ecas it is showing decision made for both Sponsor and Applicant. However statuses have not changed on GCkey side, only see AIP letter.
OMG, mine the same.

DM only shows online tools(Ecas) but GCkey, and no email as well.

DM~~~~

Last edited:

ashishg1

Feb 5, 2019
Question... should GCKey say something after you see Decision made for applicant on ecas? Or is it totally possible for GCKey to not update.

Jan 28, 2019
hello, my wife just got AIP. but she is currently visiting india. she has work permit and visa. im reading this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-app-got-my-owp-but-no-aip-yet-can-i-travel-outside-of-canada.310693 and now fairly scared. is there any issue with her being out of country. I understand that thread is more about denial of entry but with valid visa there shouldnt be a problem correct? Also she has been living in canada for past 4 years just visiting for 2 weeks. I mean we did travel recently too however i never saw that thread lol
There's always a risk. It's border agent dependent. There are many reasons to leave the country while your application is processing, e.g. work travel, visting family, etc..

Your wife requires approapriate status in Canada in order to be allowed entry. If your wife has an OWP I believe her status is worker and she should be allowed in. Again, border agent dependent!

ashishg1

Feb 5, 2019
There's always a risk. It's border agent dependent. There are many reasons to leave the country while your application is processing, e.g. work travel, visting family, etc..

Your wife requires approapriate status in Canada in order to be allowed entry. If your wife has an OWP I believe her status is worker and she should be allowed in. Again, border agent dependent!
Yes thats ok then. Border agents dont just reject for literally no cause. This isnt US. She has all the valid visas and permits. Should be ok. Thanks.

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
OMG, mine the same.

DM only shows online tools(Ecas) but GCkey, and no email as well.

DM~~~~
Same here!
I'm finding it hard to gauge how long it will take to receive the final approval because everyone's timeline/situation is different.
Did anyone do their interview in London?

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
I have a question about the interview...
Do they give us the PR card right after they finish the interview or theres something else after it to actually get the PR card ?
I'm still waiting for the interview email, but I'm trying to plan a vacation :)

Feb 4, 2019
Do they give us the PR card right after they finish the interview or theres something else after it to actually get the PR card ?
Hey!

How did it go with the whole military thing.

My husband and I are also do the spousal sponsorship and he is from Brazil! We applied in early May tho!

Reactions: Ti.perez

aj_modulus

Jan 14, 2019
In the interview letter they will tell you to notify them if you have travel soon after the interview date. You get the PR card in 50 days or so. I had to reschedule my interview appointment to after an upcoming trip.

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
Hey!

How did it go with the whole military thing.

My husband and I are also do the spousal sponsorship and he is from Brazil! We applied in early May tho!
That was a nightmareeee lol, they requested something that does not exist haha
So I went to the Brazilian consulate and had to speak with the vice consul (very hard to to do that), then after a few days they wrote an official letter and stamps from the Brazilian government explaining the same that states in my military card!
Then my representative and I called IRCC and had a long talk about it, apparently it's all good now, but it delayed the process a bit...
If that happens to your husband, don't think twice, go STRAIGHT TO THE CONSULATE, they HAVE NEVER done that but they will find a way to help...

Feb 4, 2019
That was a nightmareeee lol, they requested something that does not exist haha
So I went to the Brazilian consulate and had to speak with the vice consul (very hard to to do that), then after a few days they wrote an official letter and stamps from the Brazilian government explaining the same that states in my military card!
Then my representative and I called IRCC and had a long talk about it, apparently it's all good now, but it delayed the process a bit...
If that happens to your husband, don't think twice, go STRAIGHT TO THE CONSULATE, they HAVE NEVER done that but they will find a way to help...
Once, I saw your note about it... I was following it. He too has never been in the military, so hopefully it will be all good.

Thank you for letting me know about it tho, fingers crossed it wont happen

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
In the interview letter they will tell you to notify them if you have travel soon after the interview date. You get the PR card in 50 days or so. I had to reschedule my interview appointment to after an upcoming trip.
Very good to know, thanks for your reply!

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
Once, I saw your note about it... I was following it. He too has never been in the military, so hopefully it will be all good.

Thank you for letting me know about it tho, fingers crossed it wont happen
Hopefully they won't ask for it, they don't do that anyways, cause it's impossible to get an updated military record if you never had to serve the military right haha...
But if it happens just go to the consulate!
Good luck!