+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
When I check on ECAS, I see a new row " number 2: We started processing ***'s application on December 18, 2018.
  1. We received ***'s application for permanent residence on April 23, 2018.
  2. We started processing ***'s application on December 18, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
On GC Key, it's an update:
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

My application status is:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Does anyone know what does it mean and what's the next step?

When did you started the background check? my online account hasn't started yet.

BTW, next step is AIP.

AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt
PCC - Police Check Certificate
Med - Medical Exams
AIP - Approved in Principal
SA - Sponsor/Sponsorship Approval
DM - Decision Made

Last edited:

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
When did you started the background check? my online account hasn't started yet.

BTW, next step is AIP.

AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt
PCC - Police Check Certificate
Med - Medical Exams
AIP - Approved in Principal
SA - Sponsor/Sponsorship Approval
DM - Decision Made
I think it's same day, Dec 18. If you have the " We started processing " line on ECAS so I think your background check is already started, just not updated yet, no worry. You'll be ok, I feel that since I see your post in this topic.

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
THanks. Normally in how many days we should get DM from now?
By the way, our background check is still ‘not applicable ‘. Is this normal?
Mine is the same they are processing but my background is not applicable. I called them and they checked and told me everything was right and I shouldn’t worry about. I am very excited with the news

Too bad they are probably not working on the holidays so news must only come after new years

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Mine is the same they are processing but my background is not applicable. I called them and they checked and told me everything was right and I shouldn’t worry about. I am very excited with the news

Too bad they are probably not working on the holidays so news must only come after new years
Did they tell you that your background checks are going on?

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Did they tell you that your background checks are going on?
Nope, they told me I shouldn’t worry about it and that the application was going right. I have no idea, maybe they are checking or have checked already, so I decided not to worry about it ;)

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Normally after medical passed its takes 4months. Ithink for the BGC it’s depends on your applications and proof if the officer is satisfied will takes 4months uwill received a DM goodluck
I hope so, thank you very much! Wish you all the best with your application.

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Are you sure it’s the longest step? My wife is British and we submitted her police clearance upfront as required under the new process.
Yes, it is the second part of the process (security and criminality checks) where they correspond with the country the PA lived most of their life (or more than 6 months each time). And also, everyone gives a police clearance at the beginning of the application except certain countries that receive a request from IRCC.

Once Background Check (BGC) is done, and all things cleared, the PA will receive eligibility as a resident. If all goes well, it takes 4 months after medical as 80% of applications get finished by the 10-11th month.

Metikosova

Dec 10, 2018
When I check on ECAS, I see a new row " number 2: We started processing ***'s application on December 18, 2018.
  1. We received ***'s application for permanent residence on April 23, 2018.
  2. We started processing ***'s application on December 18, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
On GC Key, it's an update:
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

My application status is:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Does anyone know what does it mean and what's the next step?

Harman12

Sep 18, 2018
Hi i am March 30 applicant i checked my status it say IN Process. I did my medical on Sep17 I didn’t hear anything after that. Is anyone same as mine?