Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Any early april applicants received OWP as yet?

Reactions: Jahwally

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for the reply!
I'm trying to call them but no luck, it says it's too busy and the call gets automatically disconnected...
It's soooo frustrating and painful this
Do you have a copy of the receipt when you paid the fees? If you do, you can try to use the receipt number and check the status of it online here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
If your paralegal really did her job, status of it should come up and if not, you need to have a talk with her on what happened to your application.

Reactions: Ti.perez

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Sponsor only get the aor via email and not the principal applicant..is that normal?
Yes, only sponsor gets AOR.
The principal applicant only gets info after sponsor approval but with the inland process this is currently happening right near the end.
The principal applicant can still link the application, just use the application number and principal applicant details.

Erich08

Jul 18, 2018
Yes, only sponsor gets AOR.
The principal applicant only gets info after sponsor approval but with the inland process this is currently happening right near the end.
The principal applicant can still link the application, just use the application number and principal applicant details.
Thank you for answering my question

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
Do you have a copy of the receipt when you paid the fees? If you do, you can try to use the receipt number and check the status of it online here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
If your paralegal really did her job, status of it should come up and if not, you need to have a talk with her on what happened to your application.
Thank you so much for your reply!

I checked it and nothing was found online, I try to call but they don't answer the phone...it's been 14 weeks precisely, since the day they received my application in Mississauga !

I don't get it, not even the AOR until now, I'll call my paralegal tomorrow but this is soooooo crazy, I'm really confused and she doesn't do ANYTHING to help, she said it's normal, it happens and bla bla bla...

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Thank you so much for your reply!

I checked it and nothing was found online, I try to call but they don't answer the phone...it's been 14 weeks precisely, since the day they received my application in Mississauga !

I don't get it, not even the AOR until now, I'll call my paralegal tomorrow but this is soooooo crazy, I'm really confused and she doesn't do ANYTHING to help, she said it's normal, it happens and bla bla bla...
14 weeks is definitely not normal!!

My inland application was received April 27th (so I'm one of the later applicants) and I've had AOR for over 6 weeks (June 1st).

At this point, I am not sure what your best course of action is because it sounds like your representative is untrustworthy, saying this is normal is concerning because it's not.

I think you need to consider the fact that either the application wasn't sent when you were told (or at all), or there was a mistake and it was returned and had to be resubmitted and your representative is not owning up.

At the very least, you should continue to try and get through to IRCC to see if they have any record of an application and obviously talk to your representative and demand to know what is happening.

Last edited:

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
14 weeks is definitely not normal!!

My inland application was received April 27th (so I'm one of the later applicants) and I've had AOR for over 6 weeks (June 1st).

At this point, I am not sure what your best course of action is because it sounds like your representative is untrustworthy, saying this is normal is concerning because it's not.

I think you need to consider the fact that either the application wasn't sent when you were told (or at all), or there was a mistake and it was returned and had to be resubmitted and your representative is not owning up.

At the very least, you should continue to try and get through to IRCC to see if they have any record of an application and obviously talk to your representative and demand to know what is happening.
Thank you soooo much for your help, this is a great site and I regret soooo much not doing things by myself like many others are doing...
I had a real argument over the phone with my representative, she keeps saying it happens and there's nothing to be worried about, it's nonsense!

Today I'll keep trying to call the immigration office and I'll try to get rid of my representative cause she's doing nothing at all to help!

I'll post an update as soon as I have it!

Thank you

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Thank you soooo much for your help, this is a great site and I regret soooo much not doing things by myself like many others are doing...
I had a real argument over the phone with my representative, she keeps saying it happens and there's nothing to be worried about, it's nonsense!

Today I'll keep trying to call the immigration office and I'll try to get rid of my representative cause she's doing nothing at all to help!

I'll post an update as soon as I have it!

Thank you
Did you speak with your representative❓

Reactions: Ti.perez

m3633444

Nov 17, 2014
Guys I have a question, I submitted my Inland spouse application, the OWP and PCC on 8th of May it was received on 9th of May, am waiting for my AOR, and my visa tenure of 6 months expires on 5th of Aug, I heard that once the I receive the AOR the status changes to IMPLIED means I can stay in Canada until I get my OWP? or what does IMPLIED means? do I have to file for an extension of my VIsa if I don't get my OWP till the 5th of AUG? plz help. I am hearing mixed responses. some are saying I don't need to file Implied is sufficient and some say I need to file for an extension. I don't want to jeopardize my PR application by overstaying.
Hi, I have the same issue. Did you call CIC? Mind sharing some info? Thanks!

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018
My understanding is that you have implied status as long as you have an application under which a decision is yet to be made AND you applied for the application before your visa/permit expired.

Generally you can consider your implied status once you receive AOR for the application, as this is the government formally acknowledging that they have received your application.

Once you receive AOR you are good to stay.
P.S. my spouse was able to get MSP (Medical services plan - health coverage in BC) once we proved that she had an application for PR in process because we were able to prove her implied status

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I have the same issue. Did you call CIC? Mind sharing some info? Thanks!
"In situations where an applicant who has visitor status submits an application for permanent residence to a case processing centre in Canada and, at the same time, submits an application for a work permit [pursuant to paragraph R207(b)], the visitor may be considered to have requested an extension of their temporary resident status [in accordance with subsection R183(5)]. They are considered to have implied status as a visitor, until a decision is made on their work permit application.

When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status."

So yes, you have implied status and don't have to apply for an extension until a decision is made regarding your OWP.
I'm in the same boat as you, my visitor visa expires on the 13th of August and i expect my OWP to be approved around that time so I won't be applying for an extension.

Here's the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/inland-applications-permanent-residence-status-extension.html

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
My understanding is that you have implied status as long as you have an application under which a decision is yet to be made AND you applied for the application before your visa/permit expired.

Generally you can consider your implied status once you receive AOR for the application, as this is the government formally acknowledging that they have received your application.

Once you receive AOR you are good to stay.
P.S. my spouse was able to get MSP (Medical services plan - health coverage in BC) once we proved that she had an application for PR in process because we were able to prove her implied status
From my understanding, if you applied OWP, then you became implied status.