+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
So guys,
Anybody has a plan what to do next? As soon as 12 moths point is reached what do we do?
Contact IRCC, request notes, go to MP.......?
For anyone who hasn't received SA or anything yet, does your background check say "in process" on mycic?
And have any of you found out which office is processing your application?
I reached the 12 months already . This is what they said in my account - Application Status
"
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

I sent them all the thing they asked for ASAP, but still. So sad

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I reached the 12 months already . This is what they said in my account - Application Status
"
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

I sent them all the thing they asked for ASAP, but still. So sad
So guys,
Anybody has a plan what to do next? As soon as 12 moths point is reached what do we do?
Contact IRCC, request notes, go to MP.......?
I think definitely by the 12 month mark is when you should be requesting notes.
I believe it could either be stuck because they have doubts or because background check are taking longer than normal to conduct and it's out of their hands

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I’m April 13 applicant
I got a email January 25 to send my PCC (I’m from a country that need a letter from IRCC in order to request a Police clearance) but my country (Mexico ) take arround 3 months in process so I send all my documents January 27 and only waiting for them to send to IRCC (the embassy of Canada in Mexico is doing on my behalf ) in my Gkey says background check in progress ..... so I thing when they send my police check to IRCC I’m done !!! Hope 1 or 2 weeks more

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Can someone tell me how long is it taking to receive the GCMS notes? I have just 35 days left for the 12 month mark, so far nothing after medicals.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Can someone tell me how long is it taking to receive the GCMS notes? I have just 35 days left for the 12 month mark, so far nothing after medicals.
About 30 calendar days

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks
It looks like they are doing secondary review on your sponsor. Does your sponsor have a criminal record or something he didn't admit too in the application that they may have found out about?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
It looks like they are doing secondary review on your sponsor. Does your sponsor have a criminal record or something he didn't admit too in the application that they may have found out about?
I’m surprised because I didn’t get anything in my mail or email that says ‘file sent for further processing ‘

Moreover they didn’t request anything from the sponsor. On the other hand, they requested docs from PA

Even though the notes says ‘sponsor: secondary review requested’

Really surprising!

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I think definitely by the 12 month mark is when you should be requesting notes.
I believe it could either be stuck because they have doubts or because background check are taking longer than normal to conduct and it's out of their hands

I had already talk with the canadian deputy of my place, they said they would follow up my case, and tried their best to get the newest update for me in next week. She said, because I am an in-land application, so often, they do not update as much detail as the out-land, so sometimes, it updates everything at the same time.

Kimmie1234

Feb 6, 2019
I had already talk with the canadian deputy of my place, they said they would follow up my case, and tried their best to get the newest update for me in next week. She said, because I am an in-land application, so often, they do not update as much detail as the out-land, so sometimes, it updates everything at the same time.

How did you contact to the deputy of your place? Did you talk to them by phone?
I also want to contact to them so bad.
I called ircc in this morning but i couldnt reach them. There were so busy.

Last edited:

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
How did you contact to the deputy of your place? Did you talk to them by phone?
I also want to contact to them so bad.
I called ircc in this morning but i couldnt reach them. There were so busy.
My husband sent a letter to the Prime Minister - Justin, but I do not know why they one answer, was the Canadian deputy office of my place. They sent a letter for us, asking if we could contact them to arrange the appointment. I was there this morning. The one talked with us was a secretary, She took note, and asked questions. She said, she would try to ask about my file, and all the concerns

Kimmie1234

Feb 6, 2019
My husband sent a letter to the Prime Minister - Justin, but I do not know why they one answer, was the Canadian deputy office of my place. They sent a letter for us, asking if we could contact them to arrange the appointment. I was there this morning. The one talked with us was a secretary, She took note, and asked questions. She said, she would try to ask about my file, and all the concerns

Let us know if you get any update.
Thank you for sharing the information.

Reactions: MinMin13

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Still reviewing my eligibility requirements and still processing Background check
And it’s 8 days to go...
No updates since March 21/22...
No AIP&DM on my side yet...
My wife got SA&DM 2 weeks and 4 days before...
So stressed...

Last edited: