+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

DreamYYZ

Jun 3, 2018
Happy to share that I have received invitation for Citizenship Oath and cross the last hurdle for Canadian Citizenship

Oath is on 11th Nov and the letter mentions that i can apply for passport 2 days after the same

bobolo

Feb 20, 2019
Sent my application April 2018
In process July 2018
Called them basically every month, they keep telling me to wait because I'm on the list of the people to call for the test.
Called beginning of October, 2019, lady told me that if I don't receive anything by the end of the month to call again.
Called again at the end of October and the lady told me that she's gonna send a notification to the office in Scarboorough to see what is going on.
Apparently there are too many applications and not too many workers at that office so is slowing things down.
it is taking forever.

shundai79

Sep 12, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-04-2018
Please update my timeline!

Received email today from immigration officer that my application has been granted! :D
Just waiting for oath date :)

I had a CIT0250 with FOIA request to verify entry / exit information, so that's why my application has been delayed.

App Sent: April 16, 2018
App Delivered: April 23, 2018
AOR: June 26, 2018
In Process: July 24, 2018
Test Invite: January 21, 2019
Test Interview: February 13, 2019 ....FOIA requested :(
FOIA requested from US CBP: February 18, 2018
FOIA AOR by US CBP: March 2, 2019
FOIA emailed to me: April 17, 2019
FOIA received by IRCC: April 28, 2019
Decision Made: August 19, 2019 ....after internal review of "aging applications" :)

...I don't know if anyone will see this and update, but I forgot to add my OATH DATE: September 10, 2019.
TOTAL DAYS from APP SENT: 512 ...441 from AOR.... Thank you all and best of luck!

Reactions: Alberta30

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
I'm sure the person who was updating the spreadsheet is no longer following this thread but I want to report that 3 months short of 3 years, I finally got a decision made and have an oath ceremony scheduled! I had gotten a physical presence questionnaire in July 2019. My timeline:
Physical Presence Days 1240
App. Sent 30-Mar-2018
App. Delivered 03-Apr-2018
AOR 17-Apr-2018
In Process ecas 20-Jul-2018
Test Invite letter/ecas date 16-Jan-2019
Test Interview date 31-Jan-2019
Decision Made date ecas estimate 23-Nov-2020
Oath Letter Date 27-Nov-2020
Oath Ceremony 02-Dec-2020

Reactions: EUK

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I'm sure the person who was updating the spreadsheet is no longer following this thread but I want to report that 3 months short of 3 years, I finally got a decision made and have an oath ceremony scheduled! I had gotten a physical presence questionnaire in July 2019. My timeline:
App. Sent 30-Mar-2018
AOR 17-Apr-2018
Congrats.
By physical presence questionnaire you mean an RQ?

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
Congrats.
By physical presence questionnaire you mean an RQ?
Yes, a full-blown residency questionnaire that they gave me 30 days to gather info. Which I submitted and then nothing until just now. A year and a half delay after giving them all the info, testimonials, evidence like phone and bank records, kids' school attendance, etc.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Yes, a full-blown residency questionnaire that they gave me 30 days to gather info. Which I submitted and then nothing until just now. A year and a half delay after giving them all the info, testimonials, evidence like phone and bank records, kids' school attendance, etc.
Do you know what was the reason they asked you for all that?

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
There was no reason that I can see. MAYBE because I was self-employed for the last year of the three years (but my husband works for a company). But I hadn't left Canada AT ALL during the required time for PR, and only a few times since getting PR, all of which were documented in the CBSA notes plus the US border agency notes, both of which I had to order and did submit separately afterward since they did not come within the 30 day deadline. Anyway, I am glad this limbo has come to an end!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Could you please list the documents they asked and the documents you submitted?
Can i know if you applied for you and the kid as i am trying to know if school records were asked for the kid's application?
It will help if any of us get into same lengthy situation. We can be ready to get prepared and collect the documents and keep it ready.

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
App. Sent 30-Mar-2018
AOR 17-Apr-2018
Hello is your oath virtual congratulations

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Pls what province is this

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
Could you please list the documents they asked and the documents you submitted?
Can i know if you applied for you and the kid as i am trying to know if school records were asked for the kid's application?
It will help if any of us get into same lengthy situation. We can be ready to get prepared and collect the documents and keep it ready.
It was the form called Physical Presence Questionnaire, CIT 0171 (10-2018) E. In past posts on the Citizenship forum, I have seen this form referred to as the Residency Questionnaire (RQ), but it seems to have been renamed (note that the date in brackets is: 10-2018). There are six pages and several sections.
-including all passports you have held during the 5 year eligibility period (5 years before your original application date),
-absences from Canada,
-a section entitled Home and Family Information--this is where they say YOU MUST PROVIDE (according to your situation):
-rental leases and a letter from you landlord confirming your presence,
-or home mortgage/title information /property tax assessments,
-children's school records,
-children's birth records,
-marriage/divorce records,
-residential/automobile/tenant insurance
-State where your close relatives lived during your period of eligibility (spouse, mother, father, children, siblings).
-Proof of education during eligibility period (courses, classes, including language classes),
-proof of employment information, volunteer work, how you supported yourself if you were unemployed,
-did you file income taxes in any other country or have income from another country?
-List Properties and businesses outside of Canada
-Business you owned in and out of Canada
-Provincial health claims summary incl. immunization records for kids

My attorney advised me to submit utility bills, bank and/or credit card statements, telephone statements (especially mobile) and personal testimonials from people who can vouch for you like a priest, neighbor, doctor, pharmacist, teachers. I even got letters from my kid's piano teacher that sees me each week, ski coach, etc. anything you can show that you have been here all along. EDITED: Oh, and color copies of every page of your passport(s) from the eligibility period.

Last edited:
Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
It was the form called Physical Presence Questionnaire, CIT 0171 (10-2018) E. In past posts on the Citizenship forum, I have seen this form referred to as the Residency Questionnaire (RQ), but it seems to have been renamed (note that the date in brackets is: 10-2018). There are six pages and several sections.
-including all passports you have held during the 5 year eligibility period (5 years before your original application date),
-absences from Canada,
-a section entitled Home and Family Information--this is where they say YOU MUST PROVIDE (according to your situation):
-rental leases and a letter from you landlord confirming your presence,
-or home mortgage/title information /property tax assessments,
-children's school records,
-children's birth records,
-marriage/divorce records,
-residential/automobile/tenant insurance
-State where your close relatives lived during your period of eligibility (spouse, mother, father, children, siblings).
-Proof of education during eligibility period (courses, classes, including language classes),
-proof of employment information, volunteer work, how you supported yourself if you were unemployed,
-did you file income taxes in any other country or have income from another country?
-List Properties and businesses outside of Canada
-Business you owned in and out of Canada
-Provincial health claims summary incl. immunization records for kids

My attorney advised me to submit utility bills, bank and/or credit card statements, telephone statements (especially mobile) and personal testimonials from people who can vouch for you like a priest, neighbor, doctor, pharmacist, teachers. I even got letters from my kid's piano teacher that sees me each week, ski coach, etc. anything you can show that you have been here all along.
Thanks a lot.