+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Suddenly freaking out that there is something wrong with my Fedex return envelope, and my passport will get lost in Ottawa forever.....lol. How much time does it usually take to get CoPR once they have your passport?

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Suddenly freaking out that there is something wrong with my Fedex return envelope, and my passport will get lost in Ottawa forever.....lol. How much time does it usually take to get CoPR once they have your passport?
Congrats! my background check has been in process for exactly 3 months now.. your timeline gave me some hope that PPR is around the corner as yours took just a little over 3 months as well. Hope you get COPR soon

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hi Seniors, please remove us from the spreadsheets. Got refusal today, will gather more information before reapplying. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. Will still be on the forum, just not on the spread sheets anymore! Thanks

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi Seniors, please remove us from the spreadsheets. Got refusal today, will gather more information before reapplying. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. Will still be on the forum, just not on the spread sheets anymore! Thanks
What do you mean refusal?? your application got refused? and what was the reason if so

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
What do you mean refusal?? your application got refused? and what was the reason if so
Yeah, our application got refused. The sponsor was not in Canada at the time our lawyer submitted our application. Will do more research and then re-apply. So another year maybe

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, our application got refused. The sponsor was not in Canada at the time our lawyer submitted our application. Will do more research and then re-apply. So another year maybe[/QUO
Good luck next time.. but my question is u applied in April and u got refused now??? why that long?

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Honestly even I do not know. We got through everything else and were awaiting medical request, instead we got this.

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Congrats! my background check has been in process for exactly 3 months now.. your timeline gave me some hope that PPR is around the corner as yours took just a little over 3 months as well. Hope you get COPR soon
Thanks, you too! This whole "Fedex can't have an open shipping date" - "Oh but I did it and it worked" makes me nervous, but there's no way they get my passport and not let me know there's a problem.

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Thanks, you too! This whole "Fedex can't have an open shipping date" - "Oh but I did it and it worked" makes me nervous, but there's no way they get my passport and not let me know there's a problem.
Exactly I mean you could always contact them and find out whats happening. do you know if all passports get sent to ottawa ?

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
So confusing! Did you apply inland? Sponsor doesn't need to be in Canada if you apply outland...unless you misrepresent on the application.
It was outland, but as per the regaulations, either Inland or Outland, the sponsor has to be in Canada at the time of applying.

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
as per the regaulations, either Inland or Outland, the sponsor has to be in Canada at the time of applying.
Who told you this? The sponsor can be living outside of Canada, but in this case must show intent to return to Canada when the PA is granted residence. We got RFE'd for that actually, and had to submit an additional statement, affidavits from friends and proof of applying to grad school (for sponsor) in Canada. SO MANY COUPLES live together outside of Canada and move there together.

There's even a question on the application about this: "Are you living in Canada and no other country? - if you are living outside of Canada, you must show intent of re-establishing domicile in Canada."

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
Who told you this? The sponsor can be living outside of Canada, but in this case must show intent to return to Canada when the PA is granted residence. "
only canadian citizens can sponsor while living outside of canada. if the sponsor is just a PR, they must be in Canada at the time of applying and must remain in Canada for the duration of the application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

You can become a sponsor if you are:

• at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident
    • you can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada